D1 Women's Soccer Transfers

Again, about 70% of the students at USC are on financial aid. If an athlete doesn't have an athletic scholarship they, for the majority, are probably getting need based financial aid.
FYI, a family who qualfies for FAFSA does NOT mean paying little to nothing. As I posted FULL cost at USC is 70K and if a family qualifies for 50% or less. That is still 35K plus a year. The YNT recruit might as well take the 50% FAFSA and commit to CAL or UCLA for the same education level, but with a lower price tag.

Last edited:
FYI, a family who qualfies for FAFSA does NOT mean paying little to nothing. As I posted FULL cost at USC is 70K and if a family qualifies for 50% or less. That is still 35K plus a year. The YNT recruit might as well take the 50% FAFSA and commit to CAL or UCLA for the same education level, but with a lower price tag.

FAFSA is not the only financial aid available.

Again, about 70% of the students at USC are on financial aid. If an athlete doesn't have an athletic scholarship they, for the majority, are probably getting need based financial aid.

Most of the financial aid is in the form of loans. Good luck to those trying to pay back $280K in loans with an undergraduate degree.

About 70% of the students at USC receive need based financial aid, so I am sure many of the soccer players also receive financial aid if they do not have an athletic scholarship.

Lot's of different forms of financial aid. All that I can speak to regarding $C is the athletic money. Even at an 80% scholarship you are talking approximately $14k out of pocket per year. Still a bargain for a university with $C's prestige but if my kid only had a choice between $C and Stanford it would be a no brainer. Throw in Cal and UCLA and $C becomes a distant 4th to the top prospects that want to stay in state. Not to mention that UCLA and Stanford recruit nation and worldwide.

Wow. Romsgnolo resigns at ND. Could Jacobs knew this was coming. That is huge. Just WOW

I'm sure that you are happy Ken. Now she is a Trojan. You guys needed the help with 4 or 5 starters graduating. Jacobs will definitely be an upgrade over what $C has.

Wow. Romsgnolo resigns at ND. Could Jacobs knew this was coming. That is huge. Just WOW
I had a feeling this was coming. For ND to underperform by ND standards AND lose top players to, ahem, U$C is enough to make the good folks in South Bend puke .... or at least pressure TR into this decision LOL!

I had a feeling this was coming. For ND to underperform by ND standards AND lose top players to, ahem, U$C is enough to make the good folks in South Bend puke .... or at least pressure TR into this decision LOL!

The AD said they did not want her to leave and they do not have her replacement lined up...

"Swarbrick said of Romagnolo’s resignation. “She has been a great teacher, mentor and role model for our students. And while we would have preferred that she continue to lead our program, we understand and respect her decision and wish her nothing but the best.”"

http://ndsmcobserver.com/2018/01/theresa-romagnolo-resigns-as-head-coach/

The AD said they did not want her to leave and they do not have her replacement lined up...

"Swarbrick said of Romagnolo’s resignation. “She has been a great teacher, mentor and role model for our students. And while we would have preferred that she continue to lead our program, we understand and respect her decision and wish her nothing but the best.”"

http://ndsmcobserver.com/2018/01/theresa-romagnolo-resigns-as-head-coach/
Kudos to TR then. ND is trending downward. Knowing when to step aside demonstrates professional maturity. Wish her the best.

Doesn't her husband work in Notre Dame's athletic department?
AC Dawn Siergiej is married to Nick in the hockey department. Not sure about TR spouse.

You spark a thought, if the AD was satisfied enough with TR and wished her to continue leading NDWS then I wonder if that support will trickle down to AC Dawn?

AC Dawn Siergiej is married to Nick in the hockey department. Not sure about TR spouse.

You spark a thought, if the AD was satisfied enough with TR and wished her to continue leading NDWS then I wonder if that support will trickle down to AC Dawn?

I just looked at the link that you posted and the last line says that her husband Alex is the Director of Annual Giving at Notre Dame. Maybe there is another reason that she left?

I just looked at the link that you posted and the last line says that her husband Alex is the Director of Annual Giving at Notre Dame. Maybe there is another reason that she left?
If her husband is at a Director level in academia, he makes above 100K a year. Most likely living in South Bend and if they saved her ND salary, she doesn’t have to work anymore. Good for the family if they decided to have her raise their kids.

Last edited:
Another local girl Chandler McDaniel from the class of 2016 transfer from Virginia Tech to Univ of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She played quite a bit for Virginia Tech so I am curious as to what this transfer was about. I know that a local girl transferred to UDub from Virginia Tech last year from the class of 2015 and she was a starter. The rumor was that it was too Pro-Trump in Blacksburg for her tastes. Growing up in Del Mar will make that type of environment extremely unappealing.

Another local girl Chandler McDaniel from the class of 2016 transfer from Virginia Tech to Univ of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. She played quite a bit for Virginia Tech so I am curious as to what this transfer was about. I know that a local girl transferred to UDub from Virginia Tech last year from the class of 2015 and she was a starter. The rumor was that it was too Pro-Trump in Blacksburg for her tastes. Growing up in Del Mar will make that type of environment extremely unappealing.
Not much to do around Blacksburg, that’s for sure!!!!

Common sense tells me that this all goes back to girls committing in the 9th and 10th grade. Most kids think a lot differently at 12th grade than they do at 9th or 10th. I really don't understand why girls, especially stud girls who have multiple options, would pigeon hole themselves at such an early age. I understand that college coaches allocate all their money early in the process, but why?

I followed college football recruiting for many years and it's the opposite in football. Many players wait until the last minute to commit. And trust me if your a stud, they will find a scholarship for you, maybe even pull someone else's just for you.

If your a stud soccer player why wouldn't you wait until you're older and more certain about where you want to go to school and fit in before you commit. Are you telling me that if the top 300 recruits played it this way that they then would find themselves without any scholarships?

Common sense tells me that this all goes back to girls committing in the 9th and 10th grade. Most kids think a lot differently at 12th grade than they do at 9th or 10th. I really don't understand why girls, especially stud girls who have multiple options, would pigeon hole themselves at such an early age. I understand that college coaches allocate all their money early in the process, but why?

I followed college football recruiting for many years and it's the opposite in football. Many players wait until the last minute to commit. And trust me if your a stud, they will find a scholarship for you, maybe even pull someone else's just for you.

If your a stud soccer player why wouldn't you wait until you're older and more certain about where you want to go to school and fit in before you commit. Are you telling me that if the top 300 recruits played it this way that they then would find themselves without any scholarships?

Yeah....unless you are a starting YNT player, the money will be long gone if you wait until the end for women's soccer. Very different from football given the limited number of total scholarships per team and partial nature of scholarships. Everything in football is 100%. Coaches actually told DD during recruiting process that they all hate the current process with early commitments, but system has moved that way and the athletic money is usually gone long before Junior or Senior year. I agree that the transfer rate would go down if the NCAA would step in and change the system. But in the meantime, expect to commit early to get the maximum athletic scholarship. Like I said......there is always the exception....I can think of a late signer to Stanford this year.

Back