CRL (California Regional League) anyone?

Thank you.

Most likely they will need 5 or possibly 6 teams.
The bracketing suggested that they needed more than 4.

Thanks again.
True. Certainly 5 and maybe a wild card. Who knows as the CRL group/schedule page does not make it clear on the number advancing.

First games of the season for us:

CZ Elite 2-0 IE Surf

CZ girls with a ton of confidence on the ball, good skills and ability.

IE Surf 2-2 Galaxy SD

Scrappy game in a crazy wind tunnel. Galaxy SD forward is as tall as my 04 DD, great speed.

In Group "A" & "B"
Albion has a good chance of taking the group but will be playing a tough LAGSD squad. LAGSD is in a must win situation making this a big game. Real So Cal is is just a hop, skip, and a jump behind Albion. They also have a must win against CZ Elite who must win as well.

Group "C"
As previously mentioned these teams had something to prove and Surf has definitely done that. But, Albion and Legends may have a chance of squeezing in if Surf stumbles. Though both will have to put in quite a few goals.

Group "D"
With Blues and CCU drawing and Blues with a commanding goal differential look to go forward.

Group "E"
Unless Surf implodes or ties this is their group. But, you never know.

In Group "A" & "B"
Albion has a good chance of taking the group but will be playing a tough LAGSD squad. LAGSD is in a must win situation making this a big game. Real So Cal is is just a hop, skip, and a jump behind Albion. They also have a must win against CZ Elite who must win as well.

Group "C"
As previously mentioned these teams had something to prove and Surf has definitely done that. But, Albion and Legends may have a chance of squeezing in if Surf stumbles. Though both will have to put in quite a few goals.

Group "D"
With Blues and CCU drawing and Blues with a commanding goal differential look to go forward.

Group "E"
Unless Surf implodes or ties this is their group. But, you never know.
Nightmare in Norco. Games cxled due to lightning. Waiting hours to get out of parking lot.

First games of the season for us:

CZ Elite 2-0 IE Surf

CZ girls with a ton of confidence on the ball, good skills and ability.

IE Surf 2-2 Galaxy SD

Scrappy game in a crazy wind tunnel. Galaxy SD forward is as tall as my 04 DD, great speed.
Final game, loss to Legends South 1-0, should have been more.

Rough weekend for our girls, essentially starting from scratch, gonna be a long season.

Was impressed by a few teams, Albion was fun to watch, combinations and playing negative to relieve pressure, good stuff.

Agree about exiting norco, it was horrendous this evening. It will be interesting how we finalize these brackets.

Overall, I will have to admit that I'm impressed with the combined blues team w a few new players...it was difficult for our girls to keep it a 0-0 tie...

Confused why it took hours to get out of the parking lot. Could anyone explain further? Was there a problem or just sheer volume of cars due to cancellation?

Overall, I will have to admit that I'm impressed with the combined blues team w a few new players...it was difficult for our girls to keep it a 0-0 tie...
Always liked the way you guys play, but surprised by the 3-2 score against OVC. Has that team picked up some new players and improved this year? Saw them last year and would've expected a much larger margin of victory by you guys against them.

Always liked the way you guys play, but surprised by the 3-2 score against OVC. Has that team picked up some new players and improved this year? Saw them last year and would've expected a much larger margin of victory by you guys against them.

Thanks, we never played them in past so can't speak to their changes; the played well and had some good passing. Can say we were missing one ODP Player, several girls were admonished for a late night sleepover and, most accurately, we statistically suck before 11am...we are an afternoon team.

It looks like the makeup games are set for this weekend 5/13/17.

However, it does appear that LAGSD must have forfeited the game to Albion, putting Albion ahead of the bracket.

I wonder if any other teams will forfeit their games.

Not a forfeit. That was the score when the game was paused due to lightning. According to rules, games paused due to rain that have reached halftime are considered final.

Ha! I know for a fact 2 players left for new pastures. There is a good chance some also did but no confirmation on that.

I heard they lost 4 players 3 defenders and their top goal scorer (2 are at Legends, 1 at Blues and the other is DQ'd). There is a rumor going around that they might be losing another forward also. Sad to see a good squad break up but that's what happens when you have a shady manager and coach.

I heard they lost 4 players 3 defenders and their top goal scorer (2 are at Legends, 1 at Blues and the other is DQ'd). There is a rumor going around that they might be losing another forward also. Sad to see a good squad break up but that's what happens when you have a shady manager and coach.
Oh, I know about the two at Legends. But, that is new on the other two.

Back