CRL (California Regional League) anyone?

It was a great game! However, the final goal was called off by the AR and overturned by the head ref. Goalie had the ball on the ground with both hands on it and Legends player tapped it between her hands. Girls heard the AR saying that goalie had ‘control’ over the ball. All players had also stopped at that point except the girl who put the ball in. I guess it just shows you dont ever quit. Sad way for the game to end.

Rough weekend for Galaxy but girls really touched it out. Most frustrating was that the Galaxy goalie was told she had a ‘concussion’ by a trainer after being kicked in the head by a Surf player. After visiting a physician at home on Saturday and being cleared there was no one who could be contacted at Cal South to clear the player. Galaxy played their weekend games with a field player at goal (who did an amazing job!). Sad that CalSouth administrators weren’t even accessible on a big weekend with CRL going on.
Great game between Galaxy and Legends today . They are always hard fought battles. Just a clarification on the goal . The AR was the one who said the goal was good. It was the Surf #1 head coach that was screaming behind the goal at the center ref and almost entered the field of play. After the outburst the center ref came over to confirm with AR. On the way over the AR kept shaking his head saying the goal was good. This happen write next to the corner flag where you can find me watching every game. The play was bang bang and I feel the right call was made. There was also a goal taken away from the Legends for off sides on a free kick that was very suspect in the first half. Galaxy has a very solid group of girls who bring it every game !!! Till the next time ... (National Cup )

It was a great game! However, the final goal was called off by the AR and overturned by the head ref. Goalie had the ball on the ground with both hands on it and Legends player tapped it between her hands. Girls heard the AR saying that goalie had ‘control’ over the ball. All players had also stopped at that point except the girl who put the ball in. I guess it just shows you dont ever quit. Sad way for the game to end.

Rough weekend for Galaxy but girls really touched it out. Most frustrating was that the Galaxy goalie was told she had a ‘concussion’ by a trainer after being kicked in the head by a Surf player. After visiting a physician at home on Saturday and being cleared there was no one who could be contacted at Cal South to clear the player. Galaxy played their weekend games with a field player at goal (who did an amazing job!). Sad that CalSouth administrators weren’t even accessible on a big weekend with CRL going on.
It was definitely a game that had a lot of eyes on it.

Surf was warming up behind the Galaxy goal in the 2nd half rooting for the draw and after the late goal, alerted the AR about the close call with the keeper.

I sat at the corner flag and saw the play, I thought the Legends forward toe poked it before the keeper could clasp her hands on the ball.

I also agree that the Galaxy player filling in did a great job, she caught a couple balls with some pace that a regular keeper may have parryed away.

From the battles I've seen both teams have, I definitely thought this was Legends game, they were tough to get by in the back and were hitting the outlets on the wings with frequency. Could have had 3 or 4 goals in this game.

Going to be Legends spot to lose as they face SDSC and Legends South to wrap things up.

It was definitely a game that had a lot of eyes on it.

Surf was warming up behind the Galaxy goal in the 2nd half rooting for the draw and after the late goal, alerted the AR about the close call with the keeper.

I sat at the corner flag and saw the play, I thought the Legends forward toe poked it before the keeper could clasp her hands on the ball.

I also agree that the Galaxy player filling in did a great job, she caught a couple balls with some pace that a regular keeper may have parryed away.

From the battles I've seen both teams have, I definitely thought this was Legends game, they were tough to get by in the back and were hitting the outlets on the wings with frequency. Could have had 3 or 4 goals in this game.

Going to be Legends spot to lose as they face SDSC and Legends South to wrap things up.

Word has it that Legends coach said that the goal wasn’t a goal and that Galaxy should have had a penalty in the first half. Either way, nice game and congrats to the girls.

Thanks Scott and Tech for the clarification. My input was just from our girls who were standing near the refs listening.

Regardless, Legends definitely was hitting Galaxy hard throughout the game. I, personally, would like to see these teams play on a bigger field. Both teams are better when the ball stays on the ground. But, these girls are big, fast and tough and its easy to revert to clearing the ball quickly.

Its Legends to lose at this point.

Congrats to Legends on winning CRL. After starting out with 1 point over the first 2 games, they went undefeated the rest of the way to win CRL. It was a fun season to watch the good mix of teams playing in CRL with Legends, Galaxy SB, and Surf being the top 3 at the end.

Good competition this year, all the teams in the league showed why they made it and it will be fun to watch the teams compete for it all in National Cup.

Congrats to Legends on winning CRL. After starting out with 1 point over the first 2 games, they went undefeated the rest of the way to win CRL. It was a fun season to watch the good mix of teams playing in CRL with Legends, Galaxy SB, and Surf being the top 3 at the end.

Good competition this year, all the teams in the league showed why they made it and it will be fun to watch the teams compete for it all in National Cup.

Congrats Legends! Good luck at Regional's

Legends has been on a roll for months. They have a lineup ready for next year. Its always scary when you look at the depth on their bench. Surf took a different route and has three teams and all play at high levels.

Congrats to Legends, those ladies earned it! Now on to National Cup!

Asking for our 2007 team....
For those of you that played in it-- how did your 06's like CRL? Was it worth the travel/$$? Would your teams do it again? Pro's/Con's?
Thanks in advance for any imput!

Asking for our 2007 team....
For those of you that played in it-- how did your 06's like CRL? Was it worth the travel/$$? Would your teams do it again? Pro's/Con's?
Thanks in advance for any imput!
Just do it. Its good if you like top competition week in and week out. There is no weekly grind. But it is on successive weekends and makes for long days. It is spread out throughout the year which I like. It’s good prep for National Cup and it is pricey but per game to cost ratio better than any tourney.

Agree that it was great competition and worth it. I’d suggest taking a hard look at the tournaments you are planning on doing to make sure you aren’t doing to much with the crl add though. With our tournaments plus crl last year, we took up a lot of weekends in the summer. Looking back, I would’ve cut out a couple of the lesser tournaments.

Thank you all!!
Great feedback and advice (on cutting a tourney or two, could be smart yes)...waiting for the schedule...

Also get your girls training in the sauna to prep for July and August in Temecula and Norco...

Back