CRL (California Regional League) anyone?

Looking at the brackets and applying Youth Soccer Ranking, Region 4 rankings, it appears that Group D will be the group of death. If you eliminate OVC, the average ranking for Group D is 12.33. I would love to understand how they ranked these teams and assigned brackets as they seem horribly uneven (especially when my team is in Group D).

Group A 33.33
Group B 24.67
Group C 24.00
Group D 22.00
Group E 30.75
Is it only top team in each bracket that moves on, or top 2?

5 brackets so top 5? Does that mean 1 of the 8 qualifiers did not (or could not) accept? Which Legends team is this listed in Play-in? That could be our answer if it's the top team.

5 brackets so top 5? Does that mean 1 of the 8 qualifiers did not (or could not) accept? Which Legends team is this listed in Play-in? That could be our answer if it's the top team.
Hearing 16 teams in for 06 group. 8 automatic 5 group winners and 3 wild cards.

Is the schedule for the play-in games online (I don't see it). Anyone from the top 8 from State Cup signup for the league yet? Signups were supposed to open up on 5/1 but when going online it appears you can still only signup for the play-in games.

Hearing 16 teams in for 06 group. 8 automatic 5 group winners and 3 wild cards.
I was wrong. Top team in each bracket plus 7 automatic spots from state cup. 1 team out from state cup elite 8. Any guess on what team that would be ? What a challenge to grab one of those 5 spots. Norco will be rocking this weekend.

-CRL Play-In Break Down-

Quoted from my CRL 05 thread, "With roster changes, just a few months of practice, and more than likely only a few scrimmages played many teams are still coordinating play to be fluid, regular positions still to be determined, and a long road of development ahead in the next few months, makes this one of the more difficult times of the year to really judge teams. Most of the analysis comes from the last year’s info/observations and in some cases the inside scoop. With 5 groups and I believe just 12 teams allowed for CRL only group winners will make it."

Here it is...

Group A
Albion PA
Real So Cal White
I.E Surf Premier

Breakdown: Despite playing short one game makes this a triumvirate of WTF. This could be the group of death. Albion is a great squad that has quality and can play some effective ball. Real So Cal is one of those teams that presses and likes to head forward. I.E Surf (Tech's team) is built around a strong foundation of players that has added talent and a goalie that we wish we all had in our net. Verdict, I don't know! And kind of a bummer all three will not be a part of CRL.

Group B
LAGSD PA
Legends FC South
CZ Elite

Breakdown: LAGSD has one of the best keepers in the age group and like RSC plays fast and furious. Legends seems to have added a well known Surf coach to the staff making this team an unknown for now. CZ Elite has some athletes out on the pitch making games difficult for the best of sides. Verdict, LAGSD.

Group C
Legends FC
LAGSB PAII
Albion Academy
SD Surf Academy

Breakdown: This appears to be well balanced grouping of emerging teams that have not yet created an identity for themselves yet. Legends may be following in the footsteps of ME team. LAGSB is not the team from last year and has added a great deal of raw talent and one of the best coaches in DS. Much like Legends, Albion and Surf have something to prove. Verdict, it comes down to coaching. Homer pick here LAGSB.

Group D
So Cal Blues
LAGSD Premier
CCU So Cal Academy
OVC

Breakdown:
On paper this appears to be a two team race. So Cal Blues and CCU will fight it out. Both teams play fast and furious. They like to attack, Blues from the outside and CCU with some nice passing schemes out to their wingers. LAGSD and OVC will play for third in this group. Verdict, CCU.

Group E
SD Surf Academy
Rebels SC
Empire SC
Legends FC ER

Breakdown: Both Surf and Rebels play some of the most difficult teams throughout last year. And play a controlled passing style. It comes down to which one of these teams wants it more. Empire and Legends can compete but not enough to win the group. Verdict, Rebels.

Group A & B don't play the teams in their own groups. Since each group has 3 teams, the teams in Group A play against the teams in Group B and vice versa. Should be interesting!

Group A & B don't play the teams in their own groups. Since each group has 3 teams, the teams in Group A play against the teams in Group B and vice versa. Should be interesting!
Your right! I stand corrected! I will never type in the dark again.:D

Despite playing teams in the cross grouping standings will count for and against teams they did not play. This changes everything. Will there actually be group winners? For example 2 teams from group "A" could come out with the same results and have more points than anyone in group "B". Meaning they will go with those two teams with the highest accumulated points despite groupings? Or just have group winners despite that one groups point totals are far less than the other.

-New Adjusted Breakdown for Top 2 Finishers Overall-
After looking at the schedules for all 6 teams I do think that Albion will come out on top overall. Its a question of what second team will qualify. Its between these 3: Real So Cal, IE Surf, and LAGSD.

-New Adjusted Breakdown for Group Winners Cross Play-
The question is how teams will fair against the same opponents and then comparing those results against one another. Again, Albion in this format is on top but will be close either through goal differential or someone else having a tie. I think LAGSD wins their group by the narrowest of margins as well.

Your right! I stand corrected! I will never type in the dark again.:D

Despite playing teams in the cross grouping standings will count for and against teams they did not play. This changes everything. Will there actually be group winners? For example 2 teams from group "A" could come out with the same results and have more points than anyone in group "B". Meaning they will go with those two teams with the highest accumulated points despite groupings? Or just have group winners despite that one groups point totals are far less than the other.

-New Adjusted Breakdown for Top 2 Finishers Overall-
After looking at the schedules for all 6 teams I do think that Albion will come out on top overall. Its a question of what second team will qualify. Its between these 3: Real So Cal, IE Surf, and LAGSD.

-New Adjusted Breakdown for Group Winners Cross Play-
The question is how teams will fair against the same opponents and then comparing those results against one another. Again, Albion in this format is on top but will be close either through goal differential or someone else having a tie. I think LAGSD wins their group by the narrowest of margins as well.
Does LAGSD still have the super goalie ?

The games begin tomorrow.

Does anyone have any credible information as to how many team advance. The rules had indicated that the 06 group would have a total of 12 teams. I know others have said 16. I am not sure that the original 8 non play in teams have all committed to play, which would increase the number of teams they may need.

In any case, this info should not be a mystery. I have to think the coaches and some managers already know the answer.

Has anyone heard?

Thanks

Does anyone have any credible information as to how many team advance. The rules had indicated that the 06 group would have a total of 12 teams. I know others have said 16. I am not sure that the original 8 non play in teams have all committed to play, which would increase the number of teams they may need.

In any case, this info should not be a mystery. I have to think the coaches and some managers already know the answer.

Has anyone heard?

Thanks
With our acceptance they included detailed information. So, here you go!:D

CRL 2006-2004 twelve team brackets.

CRL 2003-1999 ten team brackets.

With our acceptance they included detailed information. So, here you go!:D

CRL 2006-2004 twelve team brackets.

CRL 2003-1999 ten team brackets.

Has anyone heard?

Thanks
Sorry, I did not answer your questions fully. SD Surf and AS Surf had not yet applied just prior to the deadline. I would suspect one of them did not. There was conjecture that maybe AS did not have the required 9 players to apply and SD Surf was on the fence if they wanted to do it this year or wait.

Sorry, I did not answer your questions fully. SD Surf and AS Surf had not yet applied just prior to the deadline. I would suspect one of them did not. There was conjecture that maybe AS did not have the required 9 players to apply and SD Surf was on the fence if they wanted to do it this year or wait.
What happened to AS, someone finally audit their player registration?

Back