College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

That was my last post on that subject, however, I think it points to the benefits of “diversity” in the classroom. You can’t have a meaningful debate without different viewpoints.
Just as long as they agree with you.

This is the only part of your response that addresses my question. You’re right, I don’t have numbers (people always disagree on the positive and negative numbers). What I do have, however, is the USA and California as proof. That’s called scoreboard.

“but they do not contribute more to the economy than if they were legal employees” Thats a red herring, irrelevant, non-responsive, and vague and ambiguous. You know there’s a saying, when you have the law, pound the law, when you have the facts pound the facts, when you have nothing, pound the table. Your pounding the table.

Well, I’m trying to explain to you the why, because it’s not like I track these numbers everyday, but given I have an MBA, have studied and invested in multiple industries, and have personally managed nearly a billion in revenue - in other words, tracking these metrics and their drivers is what I specialize in, I can confidently say I know my shit.

So here’s the question, if I go through and the pull the numbers for you - from non-biased sources, would you even believe them?

Well, I’m trying to explain to you the why, because it’s not like I track these numbers everyday, but given I have an MBA, have studied and invested in multiple industries, and have personally managed nearly a billion in revenue - in other words, tracking these metrics and their drivers is what I specialize in, I can confidently say I know my shit.

So here’s the question, if I go through and the pull the numbers for you - from non-biased sources, would you even believe them?

I'd like to see that.

Just as long as they agree with you.

Quite the opposite my friend, the more points of view the better. Come on, you know you get all flustered every time I post.

Put it this way, if I was starting my own off topic forum and we could only have ten posters, I’d take you and SM56, me and Espola, and hopefully 6 other posters with a different viewpoint than all 4 of us.

Quite the opposite my friend, the more points of view the better. Come on, you know you get all flustered every time I post.

Put it this way, if I was starting my own off topic forum and we could only have ten posters, I’d take you and SM56, me and Espola, and hopefully 6 other posters with a different viewpoint than all 4 of us.

I wouldn't want to join any group that would have me as a member -- Groucho Marx (I think) (more or less)

Come on. Do I need to spell it out for you? Privilege doesn't mean you dont have to work hard. privilege means that when you DO work hard, and are, say ready to buy a home, that you don't get directed to 3 "acceptable" neighborhoods in a city; or worse, automatically offered a higher interest rate on your mortgage. its when a white man who shoots up an entire church in South Carolina or San Antonio is taken into custody ALIVE, but a black man selling illegal cigarettes is choked to death on a sidewalk. do you need me to continue breaking it down? There are several groups that have privilege. lets take christians. as a christian in this country I know that I am afforded more respect than my friend who are muslim. doesn't mean christianity is perfect, it is just respected more, and seen as "normal". Get it?

FYI, I will call EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU OUT. this is NOT 1950, 60, 70, or 80. No more getting to say random, racist, whoa is me crap in peace. The only safe place for you to spew your hatred is at home alone with your other friends. Read. Learn. Try to see that it's not all about you.

Now can we PLEASE get back to soccer?

LOL... you mean "choked out" because he refused to comply and fought cops? The same shit he'd done over and over before? What does it take to get you clowns to be honest with yourselves? Thousands of people are arrested everyday... they live because they comply. It's just really not THAT complicated. If holding EVERYONE accountable for their actions, instead of making excuses, is racist, so be it.

This is the only part of your response that addresses my question. You’re right, I don’t have numbers (people always disagree on the positive and negative numbers). What I do have, however, is the USA and California as proof. That’s called scoreboard.

Here’s your proof. it’s just the tip of the iceberg, USAToday is certainly more liberal leaning so hope it’s a good enough source for ya, but I can use other sources if you like. A few things to note:
1) hopefully we can agree that the illegals coming here aren’t significantly contributing to the financial, real estate, tech companies, and manufacturing - those are very difficult for illegals to get jobs in without documentation.

2) hopefully we can also agree they are mostly participating in the agricultural/farming industry.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...5th-largest-economy-beating-out-uk/583508002/

Key takeaway:
“All economic sectors except agriculture contributed to California’s higher GDP”

In other words - not only are illegal immigrants costing federal taxpayers across the country, the entire argicultural industry in CA isn’t a top contributor to its GDP. All the subsidies, discounted water leases, etc... for farmers, still not enough.

But let’s not stop there:

Based on above, we know illegals don’t contribute to GDP, but, do they do any harm? Are illegals even a problem at all? Remember, CA has 2.2 million illegals, the most in the country. First link below shows for overall GDP, CA is the #1 state. But if you look at it by Per Capita, CA drops to #8.

All states with high GDP and high illegals drop significantly when calculated by Per Capita except NY because their financial services (Wall Street) is just such a huge player. There is a significant inverse correlation on GDP Per Capita and Illegal population. In layman speak, if illegals were helping boost GDP, ie the economy, GDP Per Capita ranking would go up with more illegals. If they are hurting the economy, GDP Per Capita ranking will go down. It clearly goes down.

GDP by State: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_GDP

GDP Per Capita by State: CA & Texas drop https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP_per_capita

Unauthorized Immigrant Populations by State:
https://www.pewhispanic.org/interactives/u-s-unauthorized-immigrants-by-state/

Bottom line, yes the US is winning, CA has some very strong players, but it’s not because of illegals.

Here’s your proof. it’s just the tip of the iceberg, USAToday is certainly more liberal leaning so hope it’s a good enough source for ya, but I can use other sources if you like. A few things to note:
1) hopefully we can agree that the illegals coming here aren’t significantly contributing to the financial, real estate, tech companies, and manufacturing - those are very difficult for illegals to get jobs in without documentation.

2) hopefully we can also agree they are mostly participating in the agricultural/farming industry.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...5th-largest-economy-beating-out-uk/583508002/

Key takeaway:
“All economic sectors except agriculture contributed to California’s higher GDP”

In other words - not only are illegal immigrants costing federal taxpayers across the country, the entire argicultural industry in CA isn’t a top contributor to its GDP. All the subsidies, discounted water leases, etc... for farmers, still not enough.

Based on above, we know illegals don’t contribute to GDP, but, do they do any harm? Are illegals even a problem at all? Remember, CA has 2.2 million illegals, the most in the country. First link below shows for overall GDP, CA is the #1 state. But if you look at it by Per Capita, CA drops to #8.

All states with high GDP and high illegals drop significantly when calculated by Per Capita except NY because their financial services (Wall Street) is just such a huge player. There is a significant inverse correlation on GDP Per Capita and Illegal population. In layman speak, if illegals were helping boost GDP, ie the economy, GDP Per Capita ranking would go up with more illegals. If they are hurting the economy, GDP Per Capita ranking will go down. It clearly goes down.

GDP by State: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_GDP

GDP Per Capita by State: CA & Texas drop https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_GDP_per_capita

Bottom line, yes the US is winning, CA has some very strong players, but it’s not because of illegals.

Look I think I'm way over on the other side from you (as in, I'd rather build a wall around Alabama than Mexico), but I think we can for sure agree we need better immigration policy as it applies to our neighboring countries. I'd prefer finding a way to make it more feasible for people to become legal tax-paying citizens, rather than say we should either 1. deny them entry or 2. exploit them as illegals.

But again, I'm not sure how a thread about cheating rich people became a discussion of dirt poor illegals. So...

Look I think I'm way over on the other side from you (as in, I'd rather build a wall around Alabama than Mexico), but I think we can for sure agree we need better immigration policy as it applies to our neighboring countries. I'd prefer finding a way to make it more feasible for people to become legal tax-paying citizens, rather than say we should either 1. deny them entry or 2. exploit them as illegals.

But again, I'm not sure how a thread about cheating rich people became a discussion of dirt poor illegals. So...

I’m fine with that, but please see previous thread on why/how the US determines the limit on how many to accept. It’s because we have to budget for the cost of supporting X many due to cost and can’t handle more than that - need to have jobs ready, etc... so they aren’t taking away from current citizens.

Key takeaway:

??? What is this proof of?

I’m fine with that, but please see previous thread on why/how the US determines the limit on how many to accept. It’s because we have to budget for the cost of supporting X many due to cost and can’t handle more than that - need to have jobs ready, etc... so they aren’t taking away from current citizens.
Well clearly there are jobs ready-- the ones many illegals are already doing! Most citizens of the USA don't want those jobs. Think Honey Boo-Boo. It ain't the pay. It's the work. It's like the same reason rich kids can't just study for their SATs. There's a lack of work ethic and a huge amount of- yes- entitlement by people who have citizenship in this country- of all income brackets. Let's just be a little real about this fact. I don't know of many US citizens who'd like to scrape the asbestos-filled cottage cheese off my ceiling.

Last edited:
Well clearly there are jobs ready-- the ones many illegals are already doing! Most citizens of the USA don't want those jobs. Think Honey Boo-Boo. It ain't the pay. It's the work.

Which jobs are you referring to? Only one I think Americans won’t do is the farm labor, but who knows if paid higher? You can still do it legally by sponsoring an H1B visa and bring them in. This guarantees you’re responsible for this person coming in.

Well clearly there are jobs ready-- the ones many illegals are already doing! Most citizens of the USA don't want those jobs. Think Honey Boo-Boo. It ain't the pay. It's the work. It's like the same reason rich kids can't just study for their SATs. There's a lack of work ethic and a huge amount of- yes- entitlement by people who have citizenship in this country- of all income brackets. Let's just be a little real about this fact. I don't know of many US citizens who'd like to scrape the asbestos-filled cottage cheese off my ceiling.
Who did these jobs before the envision?
I scraped off acoustic in the 70's as did my white boss and white coworker, what has changed? Many construction jobs were done by blacks back then as well, what has changed? ESL was 1 class in my highschool, what has changed?

“The National Research Council concluded that immigrants collectively add as much as $10 billion to the national economy each year, paying on average $80,000 per capita more in taxes than they use in government services over their lifetimes...”

Think about this. At first you’re like, see? It’s positive and that sounds like a big number. But if you think a little deeper - It is crazy. If you average it out across all immigrants including legal ones, it comes out to net, each person only contributes $80k in taxes TOTAL by the end of their LIFE. I pay more than that in less a year. If you consider the cost of capital over their lifetime in terms of investing in our economy vs investing those dollars into something else, it’s a very poor investment. The cost of healthcare alone for an illegal far outweighs any economic contribution whatsoever. It’s like buying a truck for your business that makes $50k a year but costs $100k/year to maintain.

Now to be clear before some of you idiots start hating on all immigrants, it would be completely false to say all immigrants only contribute little to our economy. Rather it shows just how much illegals and refugees drag down the contributions of legal immigrants in this country with higher tax paying jobs lined up and able to fully support themselves - companies cover their healthcare, etc... I include refugees because when they arrive most come from impoverished countries and will require more in public money than they contribute, they come with nothing but the shirts on their backs. But at least for the real refugees, these people really are in life or death situations and as a American, I am proud that we are able to provide a safe place and opportunity for as many as we can. But the ones manipulating the system for refugee status are literally thieves and those helping them are accomplices who should be prosecuted.

Reference link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hea..._undocumented_immigrants_in_the_United_States

Well, thank you all for continuing to hijack this thread for your own personal agendas and repetitive debates about immigration and racism- I for one will not be checking any more of the updates on this thread - the long lectures and debates about a topic other than what this thread is about has gotten old. I have no issue with the new topic or discussion about this topic but this thread is not the place for this. Maybe some of you are UCLA fans and looking to shift this conversation so everyone stops paying attention and the original topic all goes away

“The National Research Council concluded that immigrants collectively add as much as $10 billion to the national economy each year, paying on average $80,000 per capita more in taxes than they use in government services over their lifetimes...”

Think about this. At first you’re like, see? It’s positive and that sounds like a big number. But if you think a little deeper - It is crazy. If you average it out across all immigrants including legal ones, it comes out to net, each person only contributes $80k in taxes TOTAL by the end of their LIFE. I pay more than that in less a year. If you consider the cost of capital over their lifetime in terms of investing in our economy vs investing those dollars into something else, it’s a very poor investment. The cost of healthcare alone for an illegal far outweighs any economic contribution whatsoever. It’s like buying a truck for your business that makes $50k a year but costs $100k/year to maintain.

Now to be clear before some of you idiots start hating on all immigrants, it would be completely false to say all immigrants only contribute little to our economy. Rather it shows just how much illegals and refugees drag down the contributions of legal immigrants in this country with higher tax paying jobs lined up and able to fully support themselves - companies cover their healthcare, etc... I include refugees because when they arrive most come from impoverished countries and will require more in public money than they contribute, they come with nothing but the shirts on their backs. But at least for the real refugees, these people really are in life or death situations and as a American, I am proud that we are able to provide a safe place and opportunity for as many as we can. But the ones manipulating the system for refugee status are literally thieves and those helping them are accomplices who should be prosecuted.

Reference link: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hea..._undocumented_immigrants_in_the_United_States

I see. You will show us some numbers, but then from your MBA eminence, you can tell us why we should ignore them.

Back