College Entrance Scam includes former Yale Women's Soccer Coach

You never answered my question. Your going off on tangents and did not address dk_b’s point. Putting the “liberal” label on everybody without addressing the content of the argument is weak. Your not being intellectually honest.

Even after I admitted there are costs to illegal immigration, Sheriff Joe did not have the integrity to admit there are any benefits. He’s so emotionally involved that he can’t handle even admitting a very basic fact.

Look, you may not like or agree with America’s or California’s economic model, but you can’t argue that it has been successful. What’s the model? Take young, healthy, hungry, and ambitious immigrants (legal or not) and let them be the fuel to your economy and growth. It’s that simple. In California we have an endless supply of this “fuel.” It has made both the USA and California number one.

You know why SoCal is number one in girls soccer, because we have a seemingly endless supply of talent coming through the pipelines. The South and the SEC dominate college football because they have an endless supply of 6’6” 350 lb linemen who can run a 4.5 40.

Now I’m going to anticipate the “well, I’m only against illegal immigration, let them do it legally and get in line...”. First, there has never been a line to do America’s dirty work (think cotton, railroads, and fruits and vegetables).
Before 1923, as long as you were not missing two arms an a leg, you were allowed in. Sound like open borders? There have been restrictions ever since but we all know illegal immigration exists. Have American businesses turned a blind eye, of course and we all know why.

You want to change the economic model and kick all illegal immigrants out, thats’s fine, just don’t shot on the illegals immigrants and pretend you did not gain any benefit from it.

I did answer your question.

You’re saying they help the economy but you provide no numbers with direct correlation to back it up any positives are significantly outweighed by the negatives. Sure businesses have relied on them even today, but they do not contribute more to the economy than if they were legal employees.

Here’s why:

1)the jobs performed by illegal immigrants today are jobs that need to be done by someone. Hence, hiring a legal worker will not only generate the same local sales as paying an illegal would, except this legal worker would get paid more and have more disposable income - higher sales more sales tax collected.

2) illegals often send money back to their home country to support their families. This takes more money away from the US economy and in essence contributes to the trade deficit because money is spent out of the country.

3) monies paid to illegals are under the table and not taxed, therefore they also do not contribute to paying for gov services which is part of the economy.

4) re: lower cost of goods. The corporations and farmers are the real winners, not the end consumer nor our economy. Again it’s a net negative effect because paying more for a service to an American citizen contributes more to the economy since the money is going to be spent here, taxes are paid, etc... all the above. And like I said before, the wage issue can be addressed with lowering the minimum wage and/or using H1B visas.

Bottom line, every job given to an illegal immigrant or outsourced takes away a job from an American citizen and/or lowers wages. We have a responsibility to take care of our own citizens, especially the poor folks and their unskilled labor. They have few enough options as it is. In one breath you’re saying give them help to get into college, in the next you’re like let’s give their parents jobs away to illegal immigrants to save a few bucks an hour.

Re: railroads, please read up on this. This was not illegal activity rather gov approved. Look into the story of Leland Stanford who was against using Chinese workers only to find they did a better job than the whites but still paid them less.

If you’re black, latino, or Asian, pay attention. Justafan’s (liberals) argument for illegal immigration is because they want to pay you less. This is in the corporate interest, not yours. This has nothing to do with equality and it works against you, quit being fooled.

It’s the same as Bernie Sanders plan to make college free. This puts the burden of educating the workforce on the taxpayers and what happens if we have more qualified workers? The worker pool grows and wages decrease - basically making your degree worth less by creating more competition for the same jobs - great for corporations, bad for employees. Even worse for the middle class because not only are you paying for your kids to get that degree, you’re paying for the poor kids to get the same degree to compete against yours - double whammy.

You never answered my question. Your going off on tangents and did not address dk_b’s point. Putting the “liberal” label on everybody without addressing the content of the argument is weak. Your not being intellectually honest.

Even after I admitted there are costs to illegal immigration, Sheriff Joe did not have the integrity to admit there are any benefits. He’s so emotionally involved that he can’t handle even admitting a very basic fact.

Look, you may not like or agree with America’s or California’s economic model, but you can’t argue that it has been successful. What’s the model? Take young, healthy, hungry, and ambitious immigrants (legal or not) and let them be the fuel to your economy and growth. It’s that simple. In California we have an endless supply of this “fuel.” It has made both the USA and California number one.

You know why SoCal is number one in girls soccer, because we have a seemingly endless supply of talent coming through the pipelines. The South and the SEC dominate college football because they have an endless supply of 6’6” 350 lb linemen who can run a 4.5 40.

Now I’m going to anticipate the “well, I’m only against illegal immigration, let them do it legally and get in line...”. First, there has never been a line to do America’s dirty work (think cotton, railroads, and fruits and vegetables).
Before 1923, as long as you were not missing two arms an a leg, you were allowed in. Sound like open borders? There have been restrictions ever since but we all know illegal immigration exists. Have American businesses turned a blind eye, of course and we all know why.

You want to change the economic model and kick all illegal immigrants out, thats’s fine, just don’t shot on the illegals immigrants and pretend you did not gain any benefit from it.
No need to put words in my mouth, let's enforce our current laws, how about that?

Can you imagine CA with an educational system that could actually teach, in English? Maybe we can put the school standards back where they were before the invasion.

Can you imagine going to an emergency room and not have to wait?

Analysis: Illegal immigrants cost taxpayers $116 billion annually | National
Watchdog.org
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...hcrIBDA3wcwb0fKAU&ampcf=1&cshid=1558228398309

I appreciate you linking that but it still only measures direct inputs and outflows. It does not address less direct but still measurable data points that are essential for assessing economic impact. Take the child care example - if paying a certain market rate (i) allows a 2d parent to take a higher paying job that allows more taxes from the hiring family (income and sales and property because of a more expensive home) (ii) allows the childcare worker to rent an apt, spend money on daily living expenses, the only direct measure in that article would be school and other social services and sales tax but not the added income for the 2d parent, the increase consumption for two households, etc.

I’m not sitting here saying that the net net economic impact is definitively positive because I’m neither that knowledgeable nor have I ever seen a study that looks at the true impact. I can say that none of you knows either - or if you do know with certainty you have not shown that data (that article certainly doesn’t). A highly complex problem is rarely describable or solvable in simple absolutes.

Can you all take this to the off topic section? I would prefer not to keep checking in on the college scam topic for any updates just to read more of the same old arguments back and forth.

I appreciate you linking that but it still only measures direct inputs and outflows. It does not address less direct but still measurable data points that are essential for assessing economic impact. Take the child care example - if paying a certain market rate (i) allows a 2d parent to take a higher paying job that allows more taxes from the hiring family (income and sales and property because of a more expensive home) (ii) allows the childcare worker to rent an apt, spend money on daily living expenses, the only direct measure in that article would be school and other social services and sales tax but not the added income for the 2d parent, the increase consumption for two households, etc.

I’m not sitting here saying that the net net economic impact is definitively positive because I’m neither that knowledgeable nor have I ever seen a study that looks at the true impact. I can say that none of you knows either - or if you do know with certainty you have not shown that data (that article certainly doesn’t). A highly complex problem is rarely describable or solvable in simple absolutes.

either you believe you should pay people a living wage or you don’t. You can’t demand a minimum wage law and then also support illegal activity to get around that law. There is no justifiable reason for this and home care workers should be paid a living wage.

You’ve got to be kidding. The reason supporting this is bad is because it opens up a very high risk for human trafficking and serious abuse. This is why minimum wage laws are important to be followed. People who have illegal immigrants living in their home and only paying them nominal wages to care for their kids, cook, clean, etc... SHOULD BE ARRESTED. Can you imagine? It could easily become modern day slavery - the illegal worker has no recourse out of fear they’ll get deported so you’re going to have owners who don’t have to pay them anything, mistreat them however they want, whatever. This is what leads to human trafficking and is not okay by any means.

This.

“If there’s anything we learned from the college admissions cheating scandal it's that students from wealthy families aren’t automatically advantaged. These were highly advantaged kids who still needed to cheat their way into good schools because they or their parents felt entitled to success. Tests only discriminate against those who don’t know the answers. ”

The questions on the test don’t know nor care what your race nor background is. It’s a test that tests for reasoning and acquired knowledge, not race, nothing else. Either you know the answers or you don’t, either you came prepared for it or you didn’t. Either you can complete it in time, or you can’t - or did you forget that the most commonly abused feature in the cheating scandal was the time limit exception for kids with learning disabilities?

You got nothing better to do than annoy the crap out of people? You have been asked nicely to take it to the off topic forum. You can't control yourself though. You are a child.
Sorry snowflake, but this is about college entrance.
Why would this annoy anyone?
Go back to your soy nonfat latte, you dick.

You got nothing better to do than annoy the crap out of people? You have been asked nicely to take it to the off topic forum. You can't control yourself though. You are a child.

I appreciate Sheriff’s post and it’s relevant to the college scandal as it addresses it. You’re only annoyed because you can’t handle the truth when someone points out how dumb you are.

Re: calling him a child...Who’s more childish? Someone who posts relevant information or someone who has to resort to name calling cause you’re incapable of recognizing when you’ve been wrong all along.

How much does corporate welfare cost taxpayers Sheriff?

It depends. Are you referring to the Amazon deal that was going to create over ten thousand jobs in New York which AOC destroyed or the $3 Billion dollars that Obama gave to build a website for Obamacare that didn’t even work?

Or are you referring to the $5Billion dollars Obama gave to First Solar that went bankrupt in less than 5 years where the owners basically kept the money?

If you read justafans and dk’s justification for illegal immigration, supporting illegal immigrants is essentially corporate welfare by allowing them to pay lower wages at the expense of the taxpayer.

I did answer your question.

You’re saying they help the economy but you provide no numbers with direct correlation to back it up any positives are significantly outweighed by the negatives. Sure businesses have relied on them even today, but they do not contribute more to the economy than if they were legal employees.

This is the only part of your response that addresses my question. You’re right, I don’t have numbers (people always disagree on the positive and negative numbers). What I do have, however, is the USA and California as proof. That’s called scoreboard.

“but they do not contribute more to the economy than if they were legal employees” Thats a red herring, irrelevant, non-responsive, and vague and ambiguous. You know there’s a saying, when you have the law, pound the law, when you have the facts pound the facts, when you have nothing, pound the table. Your pounding the table.

You may hate the Patriots, you may disagree on how they run their franchise, you may think that your OWN plan can be more successful, BUT you can’t dent that they’ve been the best of all time until now. You don’t have the BALLS to admit that and that’s weak.

That was my last post on that subject, however, I think it points to the benefits of “diversity” in the classroom. You can’t have a meaningful debate without different viewpoints.

Back