Coast Soccer League

Great game for SoCal. Other than a few minutes where the keeper lost confidence, SoCal controlled the game for a 4-2 win. Noticed that Eagles were missing their keeper and one other player so the return game on their field should be closer. Fun watching two good teams go at it!

Nice win Socal Academy..
Breakdown of the game??
Small field really limited both teams speed. SoCal excels at using speed and connecting through balls so they are learning to play on small field. SoCal played tight defense and frustrated Eagles by not allowing them to connect their passes or turn with the ball. They controlled field position most of the game with their speed, aggressive play and strong back field. Fully expect Eagles to come back strong in their next game against SoCal.

I was happy with how our FCGS girls played. The girls have been picking up the things coach Carlos has been teaching them.
It's awesome they are coming together, but to beat ccu 15-0? I understand what's going on w CCU so I get how easy it was to score that many, but what happened?

Wow what happen to CCU??
Good win for Fram.
After next week will get a better idea who are the leaders of the pack from the different brackets..

Wow what happen to CCU??
Good win for Fram.
After next week will get a better idea who are the leaders of the pack from the different brackets..
I think that's their 'B' team. Doesn't look like they belong in Silver, but neither do a few of the other teams in Silver South.

I think that's their 'B' team. Doesn't look like they belong in Silver, but neither do a few of the other teams in Silver South.
That is their A team. Unfortunately, things happen to teams along the way that ruin a season....lets just say many unfortunate things have happened to these girls over the past few months and you just have to hope the whole thing doesn't kill their love of the game....

That is their A team. Unfortunately, things happen to teams along the way that ruin a season....lets just say many unfortunate things have happened to these girls over the past few months and you just have to hope the whole thing doesn't kill their love of the game....
Sorry to hear that...

Been there! My DD has been through a couple of rough seasons. Our coach did a great job of keeping the girls motivated. Hope your coach keeps the girls enjoying the game!

Unlike FRAM, hopefully their future opponents show a lick of class and don't run it up quite so badly.
The SoCal girls were missing two starters against SLOSC on Sunday and I was kind of worried they would start flat and perhaps have a bad game. They scored 3 Goals in the first two minutes (I'd never seen anything like it) and all I could think about is how I brought up FRAM in here and may have to eat crow. Thankfully, the girls quickly settled down into a much more mellow pace and kept it respectable. As the manager, I'm also grateful our parents are respectful in these situations as well.

This weekend takes us to the midway point in the CSL season. Brackets should be settling and giving us a good idea of who should be winning their brackets.

Some games to keep an eye on.

SILVER NORTH
So Cal Academy vs South Valley

SILVER SOUTH
FCGS vs AC Brea

BRONZE
BA – VC Fusion vs Santa Barbara White
BB – Oxnard PAL vs LA Galaxy CV Blue
BD – IE Surf vs Apple Valley
BE – Riverside MGFM vs Palm Desert
BN – UTF Real FC vs NVSC

Some results
Silver North
Socal Academy 5 South Valley 1
Its a race between Socal Academy and Eagles to finish with the top spot.
This team play in a few weeks should be a nail biter...
Bronze
Alpha
VC Fusion 1 Santa barbara 0
Beta
Pal 2 LA Galaxy 1
Close games...

Back