Coast Soccer League

OchoUno

SILVER
Schedules posted this past weekend and play starts the weekend of Sept 10th.

Coast Soccer League

Here are the G2006 Brackets.

Tentative League Cup dates are:
Oct 30 – Some 2006,2007 and 2008 teams.
Nov 6 – All age groups except Premier teams and Boys 2005 and 2004.
Nov 13 - All Age groups except Girls 2003,2004 and 2005.
December 3,4,10 – 2008 through 2003 League Cup Final Rounds and League rain dates if needed.

Good luck to all this fall season!

It will take time to see what teams will lead the two silver divisions...then we will know the games of the week.
In the north, next week's break away vs Eagles and then the 24th breakaway vs SoCal academy and 25th Eagles vs SoCal academy should help determine the top of the North.
I think the south will be much closer, as the two close games today may indicate.
Would like to know what others, who are closer to all the teams, think...has there been much head to head in tournaments?

It will take time to see what teams will lead the two silver divisions...then we will know the games of the week.
In the north, next week's break away vs Eagles and then the 24th breakaway vs SoCal academy and 25th Eagles vs SoCal academy should help determine the top of the North.
I think the south will be much closer, as the two close games today may indicate.
Would like to know what others, who are closer to all the teams, think...has there been much head to head in tournaments?
Agree. We will need to wait until the first round of league play before we get a feel of who the top teams are in the silver brackets. Little info out there on head to head for those in each bracket. My two cents and it may not amount to that much.
Silver North:
As always Eagles has some talent and puts together some good teams. How can they not be a favorite. Have seen Avalanche in the summer, playing silver may be a bit rough for them.
Silver South:
FCGS PDA should have a good showing. Well coached and technical.

I think those teams will be fighting for the top of their brackets as well. Hopefully, it won't be as easy for them as last year.
Sadly I have noticed teams like Oxnard PAL avoided tougher competition by going to bronze after originally being in silver....they won their first league game 17-0. They are a good team that provided a greater challenge in tournament play than others in silver north; it would have been nice to have them in silver.

The Pal team lost all their games at the silver level so their team got relegated to play bronze.
Dont know much about the breakaway team they played other than this particular club has 3 teams in this age group. The Galaxy blue team and maybe the Simi team should give them a run for their money.
We should get a better picture after teams played a couple mores games to see who are the strong contenders to win their brackets...

With the age group change its definitely a year of restructuring. CSL can only use the previous season numbers to bracket for the new season. They do not use tournament play stats since teams can always have guest players. Taking a look at PALs results from last year and throwing out their losses against Eagles and So Cal Academy, they competed with the rest of the teams in Silver North. Was the 17-0 win a statement to ensure that next year they are not passed up for Silver or Silver Elite?

Are we going to see a number of lopsided games this season from those teams in the Bronze brackets hoping for a promotion to Silver next season?

We might see some lopsided scores but I just hope its not 17-0 obviously you can prevent thoses scores by playing keep away,connect certain amount of passes before you score play back to your keeper etc...
Also the two top teams get promoted and two bottom teams get relegated for the most part in CSL but rarely do teams get promoted from bronze to silver elite.

I think 17-0 is not an enjoyable win and is demoralizing for the loosing team. After a 5-0 score the coach should move players to play different positions. You don't have to kick the ball around. I didn't watch the game, this is just my opinion.
I believe Fram and LA Premier will be the top teams in the Siver South bracket.

To go back to the threads question, this week has two interesting games. Eagles vs breakaway and LAPFC and FCGS. Prediction, FCGS and eagles get the win...
Interesting prediction for the south with FRAM and LAPFC being on top. I agree with you that LAPFC should do well. However, with their current roster as it shows on the CSL website, it looks like some of the girls that had been playing with them all summer didn't commit and then they had a late coaching change (on August 1 of course). FCGS lost a lot of their strong players from last year but have new coaching that brought in new players. Don't know much about FRAM...

I had a chance to see the LAPFC and FCGS game before heading off for ours. Sadly, they played on an extremely small (nearly square) and poorly maintained field that could have allowed the keepers to score and caused several very ugly plays. However, neither FCGS nor LAPFC resorted to short field kickball, FCGS connected passes and played a solid game.

So next week, FRAM and LAPFC will be good in the south; in the north, SoCal academy runs a gauntlet of breakaway and Eagles back to back...no predictions other than Sunday will be a fun game to watch between Eagles and socal academy, which will determine the north...(unfortunately another smallish crab grass field).

Your predictions were on target. I didn't have the background in formation on LAPFC. We'll see how this upcoming weekend develops.

I had a chance to see the LAPFC and FCGS game before heading off for ours. Sadly, they played on an extremely small (nearly square) and poorly maintained field that could have allowed the keepers to score and caused several very ugly plays. However, neither FCGS nor LAPFC resorted to short field kickball, FCGS connected passes and played a solid game.

So next week, FRAM and LAPFC will be good in the south; in the north, SoCal academy runs a gauntlet of breakaway and Eagles back to back...no predictions other than Sunday will be a fun game to watch between Eagles and socal academy, which will determine the north...(unfortunately another smallish crab grass field).

Weekend is almost here.

Agree. The North match this weekend to keep on eye on is Eagles vs SoCal Academy. Only two weeks into the season but its safe to say they are the two contenders for taking the bracket.

In the Silver South FRAM has a weekend to look forward to, they follow up their Saturday match vs LAPFC with one on Sunday vs FCGS.

Wow Socal 5 Breakaway 0
Thought it would be a closer match.
Tomorrows game between Eagles and Socal Academy should be an interesting match up...

Breakaway is a decent team; they had one sub and it was relatively hot. Their now 0-2 record doesn't reflect that they will do well against most of the rest of the division.

Yes, tomorrow will be interesting indeed...

Agree with your comment Breakaway would do better know after playing socal and eagles...
Just a bit surprised on the score but having only one sub on hot weather it does affect the perfomance on the team bunch of tired legs.

Breakaway not close to the same team from previous years. Only a few girls remain from years past and the rest look new. Going to take some time for them to gel I think.

Back