Coaching Changes

Now that State Cup is over for the youngers- Are the flood gates open for coaches and players?
OC Strikers lost a ton of coaches. Will they be able to rebuild? I know a lot of their 04 and 05 are following coaches to Slammers. A lot of their 04 B team is moving to Pats (RSM I think)
Who's moving where? Will A teams now become DA teams? And B teams become Flight 1?

Now that State Cup is over for the youngers- Are the flood gates open for coaches and players?
OC Strikers lost a ton of coaches. Will they be able to rebuild? I know a lot of their 04 and 05 are following coaches to Slammers. A lot of their 04 B team is moving to Pats (RSM I think)
Who's moving where? Will A teams now become DA teams? And B teams become Flight 1?
OC Strikers 04 is scattered. 4-5 went to Slammers ECNL, 1 DA Slammers, many to Pats DA, couple to WC DA. 04's B - some went to WC ECNL, 05's I believe 4-5 went to Slammers.

OC Strikers 04 is scattered. 4-5 went to Slammers ECNL, 1 DA Slammers, many to Pats DA, couple to WC DA. 04's B - some went to WC ECNL, 05's I believe 4-5 went to Slammers.
Meant Strikers Red (flight 2)team had several go to Pats.
From the above it looks like some of their other flight 1 team went to WC.

Meant Strikers Red (flight 2)team had several go to Pats.
From the above it looks like some of their other flight 1 team went to WC.
Close to 5 went to Pat's DAfrom Flight 1 team. Also around 3 to Blues Da/Encl from Flight 1 team. Couple to WC DA....07's majority left as well. I'm hearing many leaving 03 ECNL too when season ending....crazy.

Close to 5 went to Pat's DAfrom Flight 1 team. Also around 3 to Blues Da/Encl from Flight 1 team. Couple to WC DA....07's majority left as well. I'm hearing many leaving 03 ECNL too when season ending....crazy.
Poor AR....if only CB and PA had stayed, next season would be so different!! Hopefully AR can keep his solid 03 Ecnl team in tact. Doesn't everyone want to play high quality hs soccer? :)

Poor AR....if only CB and PA had stayed, next season would be so different!! Hopefully AR can keep his solid 03 Ecnl team in tact. Doesn't everyone want to play high quality hs soccer? :)
2 other coaches left also. TT and KW. Pretty sure they are stepping back from coaching for a bit. I think most of their teams are finding new homes too.

2 other coaches left also. TT and KW. Pretty sure they are stepping back from coaching for a bit. I think most of their teams are finding new homes too.
WOW! That is a lot of turnover. I wonder why? They have had a solid younger's program for years. What is going on over in Striker Nation? I guess time to rebuild the Strikers program. I hope they have enough quality players to field competitive Tier 1 younger's Team's, and I hope that they can continue to have solid ECNL teams after this season. Maybe the da off years will be a blessing to AR and his Ecnl teams?? Time will tell.

Is this the effect that DA (or lack of DA) is having on this club? Or is it something more?
They have been a club that I have heard mostly good things about with their youngers program. I know their ECNL teams didn't have the best record, but their 04, 05, 06, 07 teams were very strong. Based on players following coaches, I have to assume they would have had strong teams again next year if these players and coaches stayed.

Word is 8 coaches from Strikers OC have or are moving on:

PA
CB
EC
JK
AL
DR
TT
KW

PA - gone to Slammers
CB - going to Slammers
EC - gone to Pats Irvine (I think)
JK - heard he was leaving, not sure to where
AL - not sure who this is?
DR - gone to Pats DA
TT - heard was going to take some time off from coaching?
KW - not sure

I don't have the answer here, but I think it lies somewhere between the "old" coaches being promised something by Abner that did not come to pass or the new DOC (Hubert) wanting his own coaches.

As a former parent of a SOC player, I can tell you that I was very concerned that so many good coaches were leaving SOC recently. My thought was why should I stay if your highly regarded coaches were leaving?

There is more I could share, but doing so on a public forum is not fair to SOC.

8 out of the 12 Striker coaches gone.
CB - Going to Slammers
PA - Gone to Slammers
DR - Going to Pats DA
EC - Gone to Pats Irvine
JK - Gone to Pats Mission Viejo
AL - Gone to LAG-OC
TT - Take some time off from coaching
KW - Gone to CSUSM

Too bad really.

8 out of the 12 Striker coaches gone.
CB - Going to Slammers
PA - Gone to Slammers
DR - Going to Pats DA
EC - Gone to Pats Irvine
JK - Gone to Pats Mission Viejo
AL - Gone to LAG-OC
TT - Take some time off from coaching
KW - Gone to CSUSM

Too bad really.
Not really, when you play the system, sooner or later the system plays you

No way Jose! If someone doesn't think my DD is quality I move on it's not a good environment for her if a Coach isn't "sold". Unfortunately I have a lot of friends who were told they were going to be on the A ended up on the B and subsequently moved
That sounds like something RB or AG would say from Arsenal lol.

Back