Coaching Changes

Ptown

BRONZE
I recently heard that Pete and Craig are leaving strikers, are they planning on taking their teams? Anyone else here this?

I may have heard this...I don't know that they are "taking" their teams but their may be many that follow them to wherever they go (pending geography, age groups, etc). 2 great coaches, big loss for Strikers OC and great pick up for whomever they go to.

Beginning of November & these coaches are already laying the ground work for their recruiting process....let the craziness begin. I would say they are recruiting for the 2017-2018 season - but if this cycle continues it is truly just for the 2017 season & and a lame duck session in 2018.

Why do we even have State Cup?
It should be a preseason tournament so players and coaches are still vested in their team.
Especially true at the younger (pre-high school) ages. While there are certainly the players/parents that will say "we will stand by our commitment to our current team through state cup" the recruiting process, coach changes, etc. brings down the level of the kids being a "team" that many are almost hoping for a loss at state cup so they can move on to their next team.

At least once the kids are in high school there is a forced CIF break Thanksgiving to Feb/March before those teams are filled up. That said their state/nat cup is later so I guess it is just the same situation delayed 3 months....

Per a parent on the G06 forum it sounds like they are going to Slammers. I wonder if they have been asked to interject the younger's much like they have at Strikers?

Original Newport Slammers still exist right? Didn't they gobble up Newport Mesa this year?
CDA Slammers has a few different cities (Tustin, HB, Yorba Linda, etc)
And South Slammers is still in South OC.
I think that's it?

How many Slammers organizations remain? CDA and what else?
Slammers Newport - ECNL/DA
Everyone listed below is a licensee of the slammers name and does not have ecnl or DA
CDA Cerritos, HB, Tustin, Yorba Linda, Fullerton, Whiitier
South Slammers
Irvine Slammers until Dec. 31 when they become LA Galaxy OC officially

Slammers Newport - ECNL/DA
Everyone listed below is a licensee of the slammers name and does not have ecnl or DA
CDA Cerritos, HB, Tustin, Yorba Linda, Fullerton, Whiitier
South Slammers
Irvine Slammers until Dec. 31 when they become LA Galaxy OC officially
How does the LAFC affiliation fit in? Will that just be the 3 GDA teams?

Back