Coaching Changes

Any other coaching updates out there?
I heard that one club signed enough players for 2 teams at an age group and then the coach said "We are all going to train together and then I'll pick 16 or 18 for a game each week."
This is not confirmed, so I'm not going to say which club, coach or age group.
Gee, that sounds like exactly the club I want my DD playing for:) I just love the weekly stress of not knowing if my daughter will play.

Someone on the old forums had said, " the difference between boys and girls is that boys need to win to feel good and girls need to feel good to win." This seems to be true with my girls. Build their confidence and they will run through a wall for their coach. No thanks to the above scenario.

Any other coaching updates out there?
I heard that one club signed enough players for 2 teams at an age group and then the coach said "We are all going to train together and then I'll pick 16 or 18 for a game each week."
This is not confirmed, so I'm not going to say which club, coach or age group.

Nothing new here. That was Craig Bulls favorite tactic! Let's all play Spring as one big group while I assess. Then come April bam the split which is why you saw migration from his B teams to other teams.
But again WAKE UP PARENTS

Nothing new here. That was Craig Bulls favorite tactic! Let's all play Spring as one big group while I assess. Then come April bam the split which is why you saw migration from his B teams to other teams.
Yes this is definitely Craig Bull. I saw this with his Striker's team last Spring and it was confusing for the girls and the parents. Week to week there was no consistency and it was hard for the girls to learn to work together when the line up was changed every week.

Yes this is definitely Craig Bull. I saw this with his Striker's team last Spring and it was confusing for the girls and the parents. Week to week there was no consistency and it was hard for the girls to learn to work together when the line up was changed every week.

It's click bait to secure families.

Someone on the old forums had said, " the difference between boys and girls is that boys need to win to feel good and girls need to feel good to win." This seems to be true with my girls. Build their confidence and they will run through a wall for their coach. No thanks to the above scenario.
basically he gets to extend his tryouts longer. He feels like a girl has talent but not totally sold if she is A or B team quality.

It may be his deal, but this was not the club or coach I was referring to. Maybe the idea is spreading to other clubs.

did you fall for it?...just asking

No way Jose! If someone doesn't think my DD is quality I move on it's not a good environment for her if a Coach isn't "sold". Unfortunately I have a lot of friends who were told they were going to be on the A ended up on the B and subsequently moved

My dd played a season for CB and still gushes about him. I personally like CB very much, so my comments to follow are definitely biased....

When my dd was on CB's team two seasons ago, CB used the Spring EGSL season to give players from the SOC B and C teams a chance to play with the A team. What is wrong with that? The spring league games mattered for nothing other than formalized scrimmages for the teams. CB never seemed to care about winning during these games. He moved players into different positions throughout the season and games. Again, what is wrong with this strategy?

Now if CB went to the parents of the B and C team players and promised them spots on the A team if they played for him during the spring league and then did not fulfill this promise, okay I would be pissed too. However, I don't think that is how CB conducts himself.

My dd played a season for CB and still gushes about him. I personally like CB very much, so my comments to follow are definitely biased....

When my dd was on CB's team two seasons ago, CB used the Spring EGSL season to give players from the SOC B and C teams a chance to play with the A team. What is wrong with that? The spring league games mattered for nothing other than formalized scrimmages for the teams. CB never seemed to care about winning during these games. He moved players into different positions throughout the season and games. Again, what is wrong with this strategy?

Now if CB went to the parents of the B and C team players and promised them spots on the A team if they played for him during the spring league and then did not fulfill this promise, okay I would be pissed too. However, I don't think that is how CB conducts himself.
agree with everything. i don't know anything more than whats here. if it was all was open and honest and parents informed its all good

I'm with you. Unless coaches are promising that kids will be on a certain team up front, I see nothing wrong with playing a pool of players for the spring so a coach can better identify his best players.

Interesting move from Blues. What happened at Blues? Inquiring minds would like to know. :)
I've heard by many South OC parents that Dido's main focus is not wins and loses at this age - but development. Some parents have a problem with this. Have had girls on our team that have played for him - seems like there is no middle ground - some like him others did not... Also, many coaches in the area have high phrase for him. He should be a good fit for LA Premier.

I've heard by many South OC parents that Dido's main focus is not wins and loses at this age - but development. Some parents have a problem with this. Have had girls on our team that have played for him - seems like there is no middle ground - some like him others did not... Also, many coaches in the area have high phrase for him. He should be a good fit for LA Premier.
Agree. Heard the same.

Back