Clubs moving Leagues

Looks like Crown City and SoCal Academy are also moving from the CSL to SCDSL.

They are 2 separate clubs. And FRAM would make 3.

Crown City and So Cal Academy appear to be the same club. They have the same board of directors, they practice on the same fields, they appear to have applied to SCDSL as a single organization because they are listed as a single club on the SCDSL website. What would make them separate clubs?

Crown City and So Cal Academy appear to be the same club. They have the same board of directors, they practice on the same fields, they appear to have applied to SCDSL as a single organization because they are listed as a single club on the SCDSL website. What would make them separate clubs?
Yes and no. Looks like until now they were separate clubs. They have two separate websites. Separate teams and different coaching staff. If you look at CSL they are listed as separate clubs. As SCDSL does require a specific number of teams to join, it appears because they literally are in each other’s backyards makes sense to now become one club.

Is there a comprehensive list of clubs dropped/added to SCDSL this year? More curiosity than anything.
It looks like Sherman Oaks Extreme and FC Valencia are no longer listed with SCDSL. Both had very good teams at the B04 level (Valencia SWAP).

Is there a comprehensive list of clubs dropped/added to SCDSL this year? More curiosity than anything.
It looks like Sherman Oaks Extreme and FC Valencia are no longer listed with SCDSL. Both had very good teams at the B04 level (Valencia SWAP).
Looks like they are adding them one at a time. FRAM is listed but if CC and SoCal Academy are now merging they have not yet been listed. At least as of yesterday.

Anyone know the process that scdsl follows for updating their site and accepting/denying teams?
Seems there is still going to be quite a bit of movement and updating the "Club Directory" page seems to be a moving target.

Yes and no. Looks like until now they were separate clubs. They have two separate websites. Separate teams and different coaching staff. If you look at CSL they are listed as separate clubs. As SCDSL does require a specific number of teams to join, it appears because they literally are in each other’s backyards makes sense to now become one club.

As far as I know, they were always the same club. They started as CC, then added the SCA name to apply to their better teams so that the higher level teams would play for the Academy brand and the lower level teams played Crown City. I would have been surprised to hear that they separated and became two clubs as that would have made no sense since they are run by the same people.

What will happen to teams like FC Valencia 04 SWAP when they move to CSL? They would have likely moved up to flight 1 in SCDSL as a second place team, will they be placed in Silver, silver elite...? They have an 03 team that finished 2nd as well in Flight 2.

Crown City will be the boys side and SoCal Academy will be the girls side. Any Crown City girl teams left will be renamed SoCal Academy

Looks like Crown City and SoCal Academy are also moving from the CSL to SCDSL.

Cool - so one club with “Crown City United”=“Boys” and “SoCal Academy”=“Girls”. Probably simpler just to have one name and boys and girls divisions like other clubs.

Cool - so one club with “Crown City United”=“Boys” and “SoCal Academy”=“Girls”. Probably simpler just to have one name and boys and girls divisions like other clubs.

Anything with the word "academy" in it brings more revenue. Don't you understand?

As far as I know, they were always the same club. They started as CC, then added the SCA name to apply to their better teams so that the higher level teams would play for the Academy brand and the lower level teams played Crown City. I would have been surprised to hear that they separated and became two clubs as that would have made no sense since they are run by the same people.
Thinking about it now I do recall a mention of them merging. But I also remember them being separate, but all of it is a bit fuzzy. Hell, I don't know. :confused:Man, time moves. What I don't get is why they present themselves as two separate entities. From having two different names (club), separate websites, all the way to two different uniform kits, etc.

Back