Clubs moving Leagues

Maybe because they got in the Super Y League .

Isnt the super y-league like a 5 x fail ?? I mean the clubs I see posted joining aren't even relevant in most age groups when you talk about high-quality or even coaches in particular clubs that cannot develop soccer. Nothing super about it unless that is you feed your parents a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

What will happen to teams like FC Valencia 04 SWAP when they move to CSL? They would have likely moved up to flight 1 in SCDSL as a second place team, will they be placed in Silver, silver elite...? They have an 03 team that finished 2nd as well in Flight 2.
SCDSL doesn't advance or relegate teams - that's up to the club's DOC. However, the CSL bylaws allow for placing "new teams" or "a premier team from another gaming circuit ... defined as a “Premier, Gold or Silver Elite” level team" in different brackets for competitive balance. So short answer: It depends.

Isnt the super y-league like a 5 x fail ?? I mean the clubs I see posted joining aren't even relevant in most age groups when you talk about high-quality or even coaches in particular clubs that cannot develop soccer. Nothing super about it unless that is you feed your parents a bunch of mumbo jumbo.

Could you clarify the failure of this league? I am not familiar with the league, and a review of the website seems to imply this is just a two-month series of games over the summer, with some hope of USL exposure in December? Given the declining and uncertain nature of competition in most Socal summer tournaments, knowing who you are playing, and having a carrot at the end, seems a reaonable choice. Perhaps not a major coup, but what is the downside?

So it seems to me that Socal Academy is still a "club within a club," in that it manages its own teams separately, but is merged with CCU for registration and administrative outsourcing.

Brings new meaning to the phrase "Mes Que Un Club".

Which ones?
Not sure who has gravitated over but it looks like one of their better coaches for G03 and other girl teams (Treena Bozart) has moved her team(s) over to the CDA Slammers. Maybe it was due to disagreement with the FRAM club or maybe to play in the SCDSL over CSL. Before anyone attacks me, I am going on pure speculation and have no inside knowledge.

Not sure who has gravitated over but it looks like one of their better coaches for G03 and other girl teams (Treena Bozart) has moved her team(s) over to the CDA Slammers. Maybe it was due to disagreement with the FRAM club or maybe to play in the SCDSL over CSL. Before anyone attacks me, I am going on pure speculation and have no inside knowledge.
FRAM in the last two months has had two other coaches leave. One also to CDA Slammers SB and another to Beach SB.

Unlikely it has anything to do with SCDSL because CDA Slammers FC plays in SCDSL, although maybe some teams play in CSL, like South Bay.

It was due to inequality of pay between male and female coaches at Fram.

With 5 teams currently. Shouldn't it be called the Super Y Round-Robin?

Which ones?

G04 Fram won one of the Silver-Elite divisions with a nice record. They would have been bumped to Gold or even Premier if that division opens up. G04 SoCal Academy played Gold and won League Cup. They would be bumped to Premier next year if that division opens up. Two good G04 teams lost in CSL right there. I hate to see the good teams go but there are a few of the dirty ones I would like to see go too.

Please, someone, tell me why any club will sign up for the "Y" me league, some of the clubs with older players will not go to the Surf tournament or any other high profile tournaments where very good college scouting occurs, because they will be playing at the Y league or will not have the budget to do both. My personal opinion it will not help on the girl's side but on the boy's side is a different story they will have the Usl to look forward if education is not the main focus.

Please, someone, tell me why any club will sign up for the "Y" me league, some of the clubs with older players will not go to the Surf tournament or any other high profile tournaments where very good college scouting occurs, because they will be playing at the Y league or will not have the budget to do both. My personal opinion it will not help on the girl's side but on the boy's side is a different story they will have the Usl to look forward if education is not the main focus.

I disagree that it won't help girls. Here is why:

First, the Super-Y league is not an all-inclusive league on the same level of Presidio, SCDSL or CSL. It is intended to be similar to leagues such as, ECNL, CRL, NPL, DPL, EGSL, etc. Clubs joining the Super-Y league simply have another venue for some of their top talent (players on the "elite" path) to play in. Those same teams may play in CSL-Premier or SCDSL Champions (3 months Sept-Nov), Super-Y (2 months June-July), NPL (Mar-May) etc. If you really want to view it through a good lens, then think of the Super-Y league as a summer National Tournament Series, with the top teams being invited to play in the December "Super Y National Championship" in Florida each year.

Second, it helps with identification on both the boys and girls side because it is limited to only the "top" teams.

With regard to "girls" the play is simply getting your elite girls in front of additional college coaches in December and being on a Super Y team (just like a CRL, ECNL team is resume bling). From a club perspective it also provide a safety net for top talent. If a team doesn't make the CRL, they continue to have opportunities in SuperY. (list of college coaches from last year's finals - https://www.sylsoccer.com/2017-finals-scouts)

With regard to boys, the play is even better because Super Y (y stands for Youth) is the youth program for the USL's amateur and professional tiers (PDL --> USL Div. 3 --> USL Div. 2). Boys registered in the SuperY league are in a baby DA type league (attached to USL). You will see clubs with Academy programs consider putting their off-year DA teams and/or their Academy II teams in NPL (spring) and then SuperY (summer). Its a carrot for these players to stick with the club. For those clubs without a DA program (like the founding 5), it gives them a sales pitch that let's parents know they boys are in a league within a professional path and USL scouts and coaches will be watching the development of these players.

Finally, the only losers with the announcement of the Super Y are those tournaments that seek to bring in some of the better teams, which may be conflicted out. It should not impact tournaments in August (Surf Cup) because its easy to schedule around that weekend. With 5 teams (today ... there will likely be more before June), you have 8 games if they play each team twice and 26 play dates (13 weekends) to figure it out, which makes it easy to schedule around CRL play dates and Surf Cup.

There may be some benefit for the boys in SYL, but I have to agree with No Shin Guards that there is no benefit for the girls. The college coach list for SYL has 18 coaches. I'd rather spend my money going to tournaments like Surf and showcases like Legends that offer 300-400 coaches without the cost of having to travel to Florida. SYL may be intending to be at the caliber of some of the leagues you mentiom, but unfortunately several of those teams are not at that level, just look at where they placed in league and National Cup. I'd much rather be spending my time and money scrimmaging some of the ECNL teams and other top teams at our age then participating in SYL. It would have been nice if our club had asked us our opinion before committing us to this.

The creation of SCDSL was good for CSL to stop being complacent. The problem that this created was a watered down product. SCDSL has slowly been morphing into sCdSL. It is going in favor of everything they said they didn’t like about Coast. In CSL light you have promotion and relegations into the champions bracket (premier)

The creation of SCDSL was good for CSL to stop being complacent. The problem that this created was a watered down product. SCDSL has slowly been morphing into sCdSL.

Back