Clubs moving Leagues

I see SCDSL has some new Clubs like FRAM on the Club directory, and a few clubs are not on the list any longer. Was this a choice on their part to move to CSL, or were they dropped from SCDSL?

As a general rule, moving leagues is the choice of the club. Rarely are clubs dropped from a league. The main reasons a club would be dropped is habitual refusal to abide by the league rules, such as, failure to secure adequate gaming facilities. As long as clubs are trying to do the right thing, the leagues support their customer (clubs) with the few bad apple coaches that exist.

Interesting as FRAM left CSL a few years ago for SCDSL only to move back to CSL a year or 2 after. Guess they are coming back!

As a general rule, moving leagues is the choice of the club. Rarely are clubs dropped from a league. The main reasons a club would be dropped is habitual refusal to abide by the league rules, such as, failure to secure adequate gaming facilities. As long as clubs are trying to do the right thing, the leagues support their customer (clubs) with the few bad apple coaches that exist.

There is a word Ladera Ranch Surf was dropped from SCDSL.

There were 10 or so clubs kicked out of SCDSL this year. At the DOC meeting it was announced that they would be doing this.

Ladera Ranch Surf did not get accepted is what I heard. They were under Anaheim Surf Last year and had issues.

There were 10 or so clubs kicked out of SCDSL this year. At the DOC meeting it was announced that they would be doing this.

Ladera Ranch Surf did not get accepted is what I heard. They were under Anaheim Surf Last year and had issues.
What kind of issues?

What clubs were dropped?

I don't know why the Ladera Surf got dropped but I can tell you that the group is a bit of a fragmented mess. Initially they started as a signature group of teams competing with AYSO in Ladera (a very big pool of perspective players). Field space in Ladera Ranch and surrounding areas is extremely competitive and at one point, three different groups (AYSO, ESL-a small signature competitor of AYSO out of Aliso Niguel, and the Ladera soccer league all were competing for field space and permits). Eventually, the Ladera league aligned itself with the strikers and had a few AYSO club teams come over under that label. Eventually they re-aligned themselves with the Surf, but the same problems exist. The teams don't really compete on the club levels so the talented girls gravitate to the other clubs who maintain a presence in the area (Blues, Slammers, formely West Coast, Pats). As a result, lack of player pipeline, and lack of field space is what will continue to dog this club.

If you all remember the hang-wringing and consternation many of you had last summer waiting for the SCDSL schedule to come out, I think we can assume that these 10 clubs were part of that issue.

I don't know why the Ladera Surf got dropped but I can tell you that the group is a bit of a fragmented mess. Initially they started as a signature group of teams competing with AYSO in Ladera (a very big pool of perspective players). Field space in Ladera Ranch and surrounding areas is extremely competitive and at one point, three different groups (AYSO, ESL-a small signature competitor of AYSO out of Aliso Niguel, and the Ladera soccer league all were competing for field space and permits). Eventually, the Ladera league aligned itself with the strikers and had a few AYSO club teams come over under that label. Eventually they re-aligned themselves with the Surf, but the same problems exist. The teams don't really compete on the club levels so the talented girls gravitate to the other clubs who maintain a presence in the area (Blues, Slammers, formely West Coast, Pats). As a result, lack of player pipeline, and lack of field space is what will continue to dog this club.

Ladera Surf was never Technically part of the SCDSL. They were in the league under Strikers MV 2 years ago, then A Surf last year. This year they had to apply, cause what I heard A Surf doesn’t want them under them this year.

So they were not kicked out just not accepted.

Ladera Surf was never Technically part of the SCDSL. They were in the league under Strikers MV 2 years ago, then A Surf last year. This year they had to apply, cause what I heard A Surf doesn’t want them under them this year.

So they were not kicked out just not accepted.
Isn’t Anaheim Surf now considered OC Surf?

Yes I know people at that club are desperate to poach any players and are present at pretty much every AYSO game in Ladera. Having played a few of their teams, they didn't seem to be at a good standard and probably were players that should have remained within the AYSO Extra program.

Back