CIF Playoffs

Hart Tribe falls to Mater Dei in OT 0-1. Tribe proved very worthy of the promotion to Div I. Some knucklehead MD player ran over to our side when the final whistle blew to rip up a paper banner. A paper banner. Wow. Like I posted on the other thread, it literally was the fastest she ran all day. Ciao.

Championship Games:

Division 1
JSerra (#2) vs Mater Dei(#16) Saturday@2:30pm
#1 vs #2 from Trinity League. JS won first meeting 3-1 handing MD their sole loss for the season...the teams tied 0-0 in their second match.
Hopefully no banners get shredded...Jserra really dominated Trinity League tho...17GF and 2Ga...in contrast, MD scored 9 goals and gave up 4 goals...

Division 2
La Mirada (#8) vs Moorpark (#1) Saturday@7:30pm
Clash of the undefeateds...La Mirada scored 52 goals and only gave up 2 goals all season...Moorpark scored 26 and gave up 5...

Division 3
South Torrance (#2) vs Claremont (#3) Saturday@Noon
South Torrance is a prolific scorer...had a 13 game winning streak...

Division 4
Brentwood (#2) vs Sierra Canyon (#1) Saturday@9:30am
Teams defeated each other once each during the season..Sierra Canyon is the defending champ...finished with identical record in league play...PK's...

Division 5
Viewpoint (#1) vs Crean Lutheran (#15) Friday@5:00pm
Viewpoint's potent offense vs Crean Lutheran's stout goalie (3 goals against all season)

Division 6
Grace Bretheren (#1) vs Valley Christian (Cerritos) (#3)
Grace Brehteren won the higher regular conference in Division 5 finishing ahead of Crean Lutheran above

Division 7
San Gabriel (#2) vs Pacific (#15)
Pacific has scored at least 2 goals in each playoff game.

Sierra Canyon (private school) is the best HS team I have watched play this year and my DDs team played 4 Baseline League D1 non-league schools in Etiwanda, Upland, Los Osos and Rancho. They're are coached by Kristy Walker the 98/99 and 99 Real SoCal ECNL coach. They play like a top club team.

They will go deep in CIF Regional playoffs.

Like I posted....Sierra Canyon HS is the real deal....won D4 CIF. I wouldn't be surprised, if they win their Regional bracket next. I would love to see them play the winner of Mater Dei and J Serra in the D1 bracket. SoCal Blues ECNL players eerrr JSerra vs RSC ECNL players eerrr Sierra Canyon.

Like I posted....Sierra Canyon HS is the real deal....won D4 CIF. I wouldn't be surprised, if they win their Regional bracket next. I would love to see them play the winner of Mater Dei and J Serra in the D1 bracket. SoCal Blues ECNL players eerrr JSerra vs RSC ECNL players eerrr Sierra Canyon.
NG, just noting...Sierra Canyon did take losses to Brentwood and Viewpoint and tied Winward during league play...Also, does anyone know the set up for the next level of CIF post season ??

NG, just noting...Sierra Canyon did take losses to Brentwood and Viewpoint and tied Winward during league play...Also, does anyone know the set up for the next level of CIF post season ??
I hear yeah. Sure they are beatable, but they knock the ball nicely and play FAST unlike many HS teams. When my DDs school lost to Sierra Canyon 0-1 in the Qtrs. Her coaches game plan was bunker and counter the entire game and get to PKs. The ingredient besting them will be a team with a stingy defense and a blazing forward who can finish on the counter attack.

Kristy Walker is a strong coach. Look at her RSC 98/99 and 99 ECNL team records.

I hear yeah. Sure they are beatable, but they knock the ball nicely and play FAST unlike many HS teams. When my DDs school lost to Sierra Canyon 0-1 in the Qtrs. Her coaches game plan was bunker and counter the entire game and get to PKs. The ingredient besting them will be a team with a stingy defense and a blazing forward who can finish on the counter attack.

Kristy Walker is a strong coach. Look at her RSC 98/99 and 99 ECNL team records.

Both of her ECNL teams are in 2nd place in the U17 and U18 bracket and her HS team won CIF. I think her team also won CIF 2 years ago. Tells me if she has talent to work with, she knows how to win with them. Maybe April Heinrich should consider Kristy Walker to replace BJ Snow or Michelle French as head coach for the U17 or U20 YNT teams.

I wonder if GB will let his team talk to the press now...they certainly deserve a little public glory. Congrats JSerra

I wonder if GB will let his team talk to the press now...they certainly deserve a little public glory. Congrats JSerra

Must be nice for these Catholic Schools handing out free tuition and forming stacked sports teams.

Both of her ECNL teams are in 2nd place in the U17 and U18 bracket and her HS team won CIF. I think her team also won CIF 2 years ago. Tells me if she has talent to work with, she knows how to win with them. Maybe April Heinrich should consider Kristy Walker to replace BJ Snow or Michelle French as head coach for the U17 or U20 YNT teams.

She's so for-real (no pun intended)....Prior to her college play at Westmont in SB, she cycled her youth under the tutlaege of Tad Bobak (interestingly, her teams play similar style to his).
She and her top teams are the legit and I agree w/u NG, it be really cool to see what she could do with a squad of YNT talent/players.

Must be nice for these Catholic Schools handing out free tuition and forming stacked sports teams.

That crap used to happen in San Diego section until they revamped the divisiond and formed an open division consisting of the top 8 teams. Now the scholarship/tuition assistance schools have to play against the good large schools. Definite added some equality to the post season.

yes, any coach should be able to win CIF if you have 10-12 ECNL players on your team - nothing to brag about.
Sure it is, tell that to Stanford with a team full of YNT starters, tell that to the U17 and U20 YNT coaches, tell that to Steve Kerr last year in the NBA finals after being up 3-1 with 3 all-star players and the current MVP, tell that to the Atlanta Falcons with a 20+ lead in the 2nd half....I'm sure you get the point! Winning is NOT guaranteed.

She's so for-real (no pun intended)....Prior to her college play at Westmont in SB, she cycled her youth under the tutlaege of Tad Bobak (interestingly, her teams play similar style to his).
She and her top teams are the legit and I agree w/u NG, it be really cool to see what she could do with a squad of YNT talent/players.

Ah, no wonder her teams play possession soccer. I think her bio also stated she was an assist coach at Pepperdine too. Getting a better idea who helped mold her style if play.

I agree with the sentiment of this post, but I'd like to add that removing April Heinrich would be the first step in getting our US YNT pool on the road to playing better soccer.

Given the talent we have, and the jump start over all other nations with regards to women's soccer, our WNT plays some shocking stuff.

yes, any coach should be able to win CIF if you have 10-12 ECNL players on your team - nothing to brag about.
S43 there are several HS teams stacked w club players who got knocked out in the first and second round and who have parents who are fuming...in contrast to those losers, KW gets it done consistently...and with her club teams she has had success over many many years not just her recent club teams...

I know of one arrogant HS w great club players where the coach's excuse was "well you know, we just peaked too early"...yeah right...

S43 there are several HS teams stacked w club players who got knocked out in the first and second round and who have parents who are fuming...in contrast to those losers, KW gets it done consistently...and with her club teams she has had success over many many years not just her recent club teams...

I know of one arrogant HS w great club players where the coach's excuse was "well you know, we just peaked too early"...yeah right...
OMG, LMAO, peaked to early on a HS soccer team... with only 3-4 months playing together. More like never peaked at all.

Back