CIF Playoffs

Saw then in Excalibur
They've come a long way, especially with a new coach.
Congrats to SC

Hope your DD recovers quickly, don't rush her back.

I also don't think HS Soccer is that bad as others make it out to be. IMO, HS Soccer is actually less physical than high level club soccer.

Being physical versus being thug/bonehead physical are two different things completely. Now, my perspective is probably different than many others since my DD is a fast striker. Flight 1 and 2 players in HS trying to stop my DD use the jump in front of her roadblock technique, trip, etc. 3 PKs and many not called later for a kid that only played half the season is a very good indication - I have never seen that in ECNL. Every game she is down on the turf where that might happen a few times the whole ECNL season. BTW, she agrees 100% that HS soccer is dangerous for a kid in her position and she is the one playing (not spectating).

Being physical versus being thug/bonehead physical are two different things completely. Now, my perspective is probably different than many others since my DD is a fast striker. Flight 1 and 2 players in HS trying to stop my DD use the jump in front of her roadblock technique, trip, etc. 3 PKs and many not called later for a kid that only played half the season is a very good indication - I have never seen that in ECNL. Every game she is down on the turf where that might happen a few times the whole ECNL season. BTW, she agrees 100% that HS soccer is dangerous for a kid in her position and she is the one playing (not spectating).
Do you need a pacifier, because you are crying a lot.

You claim your DD is fast, maybe you should have her apply skill moves and feints to get around players. My DD has told my wife and I, HS soccer is slower and less physical than ECNL and she is 5'2" and 110 lbs.

WTF, is the jump in front roadblock technique? LMAO! You mean defending....if, your DD is already telling you HS soccer is dangerous. Might as well have her hang up the cleats now, because college soccer is extremely physical and maybe be hazardous to her health.

Do you need a pacifier, because you are crying a lot.

You claim your DD is fast, maybe you should have her apply skill moves and feints to get around players. My DD has told my wife and I, HS soccer is slower and less physical than ECNL and she is 5'2" and 110 lbs.

WTF, is the jump in front roadblock technique? LMAO! You mean defending....if, your DD is already telling you HS soccer is dangerous. Might as well have her hang up the cleats now, because college soccer is extremely physical and maybe be hazardous to her health.

I should add. The times I have have seen physical play in HS games is when a player takes a poor 1st touch and the ball goes 3-4 yards away from them. The player then has to hustle for the ball and it always leads to a head on collision.

High school soccer is dumb :). My DD had to sit out half season because some big girl thought she was playing football.
As in American tackle football?

As NG artictualed....(in his incisive, direct, truthful manner), I'd say your response is pretty typical from a parent of a freshman player who's been bumped up to varsity.

You see Ladiesman,what works for Susie in club, may not work so well in varsity because she's going up against young women who are 2, 3 and sometime 4yrs older and are often stronger/wiser than your hotshot "fast freshman striker".....It will become even MORE of a shocker to you/your dd when she goes up against some of these outside linebacker/defensive end looking, "big girl" types who can pace your "fast forward", step for step, shut her down, then turn right up the field w/the ball from your "fast forward" ......Frustrating for you....frustrating for your DD.

But there is good news Compadre, a little bit of value-add to ease the frustration.....Being that this is your DD 1st yr of HS ball, She will inevitably come out of the HS season much stronger, peripherally aware and a more effective player for the 2nd half of her ECNL season. More over, your DD will inevitably flip the scrip next HS season as she'll become a more dynamic player who is stronger, wiser, and who no longer relies on just being that typical....Socal.... "fast forward" ;)

As in American tackle football?

As NG artictualed....(in his incisive, direct, truthful manner), I'd say your response is pretty typical from a parent of a freshman player who's been bumped up to varsity.

You see Ladiesman,what works for Susie in club, may not work so well in varsity because she's going up against young women who are 2, 3 and sometime 4yrs older and are often stronger/wiser than your hotshot "fast freshman striker".....It will become even MORE of a shocker to you/your dd when she goes up against some of these outside linebacker/defensive end looking, "big girl" types who can pace your "fast forward", step for step, shut her down, then turn right up the field w/the ball from your "fast forward" ......Frustrating for you....frustrating for your DD.

But there is good news Compadre, a little bit of value-add to ease the frustration.....Being that this is your DD 1st yr of HS ball, She will inevitably come out of the HS season much stronger, peripherally aware and a more effective player for the 2nd half of her ECNL season. More over, your DD will inevitably flip the scrip next HS season as she'll become a more dynamic player who is stronger, wiser, and who no longer relies on just being that typical....Socal.... "fast forward" ;)

Sophomore player in her second and last year of varsity. I do not believe a player is wiser because they trip or run into a fast player to stop them. I used the term fast, not because she is the typical Socal fast forward, but because if she was slow she would not get injured and it would not be dangerous for her - she will get hurt when a player uses bad/uncoordinated player 'tactics' to stop her when moving fast. The original subject was that HS is more dangerous which I firmly believe it is for a player in her position because of other girls that are out of control and not as skilled on the field. I won't be shocked at fast big girls pacing my daughter - that is not the issue. HS soccer will probably not make a high skilled player more effective in ECNL. I have seen what happens in ECNL club practices after HS, the coach spends a week correcting all the bad habits that rubbed off on the girls. NG's articulation had no substance as it relates to my DD.

Yes indeed.
That's right national team GK....

Where is she going to schoo
Sophomore player in her second and last year of varsity. I do not believe a player is wiser because they trip or run into a fast player to stop them. I used the term fast, not because she is the typical Socal fast forward, but because if she was slow she would not get injured and it would not be dangerous for her - she will get hurt when a player uses bad/uncoordinated player 'tactics' to stop her when moving fast. The original subject was that HS is more dangerous which I firmly believe it is for a player in her position because of other girls that are out of control and not as skilled on the field. I won't be shocked at fast big girls pacing my daughter - that is not the issue. HS soccer will probably not make a high skilled player more effective in ECNL. I have seen what happens in ECNL club practices after HS, the coach spends a week correcting all the bad habits that rubbed off on the girls. NG's articulation had no substance as it relates to my DD.

I have seen both sides of the coin as my player has played all over the pitch for her high school teams. I will say that high school helped my player learn how to deal with physical play. NoGoal and ZD are correct about players learning to adjust. I also concur that college soccer is extremely physical. Not in a reckless manner like you find from time to time in high school but just like ZD said it is a shock for a lot of talented forwards the first time that they are outraced for a ball then the defender puts a Cruyeff on them, knocks them on their ass and then has them flailing while they go upfield and start the attack.

I hate high school soccer but it definitely has value when it comes to prepping a player for college. Maybe not in the skill department but soccer has a bunch of other subtleties that are almost as valuable.

Where is she going to schoo

I have seen both sides of the coin as my player has played all over the pitch for her high school teams. I will say that high school helped my player learn how to deal with physical play. NoGoal and ZD are correct about players learning to adjust. I also concur that college soccer is extremely physical. Not in a reckless manner like you find from time to time in high school but just like ZD said it is a shock for a lot of talented forwards the first time that they are outraced for a ball then the defender puts a Cruyeff on them, knocks them on their ass and then has them flailing while they go upfield and start the attack.

I hate high school soccer but it definitely has value when it comes to prepping a player for college. Maybe not in the skill department but soccer has a bunch of other subtleties that are almost as valuable.

Yes. I agree with good prepping for college. The original subject was is HS more dangerous than club - not is it more physical and nothing to do with college. I like the term 'reckless manner' you use - that was my point and why it is more dangerous. Not worried about if other forwards are shocked or players have to adjust, etc. The fact is HS soccer is more dangerous for my DD than playing ECNL club.

If your DD plays on a South OC HS D1 team. I hate to break the news to you, but a lot of those defenders you are crying about are probably HS upperclassman committed college defenders.

Actually the original subject is CIF playoffs. I replied to Bdobs wishing his DD a speedy recovery and then added HS soccer is not as physical as ECNL. You then replied by quoting my post and replied HS soccer is dangerous. #keepup

Yes. I agree with good prepping for college. The original subject was is HS more dangerous than club - not is it more physical and nothing to do with college. I like the term 'reckless manner' you use - that was my point and why it is more dangerous. Not worried about if other forwards are shocked or players have to adjust, etc.

Atta boy Ladiesman!!!!..... sounds like you've got it figured out (because your early post read otherwise). A few of us comprehend your point, seems like you're still missing mine. Oh well, no matter.... good luck to you/yours

5b1dfb641cd66cc076be4df5b18fb6a1_thumb-up-emoji-memes-on-surf-thumbs-up-emoji_225-225.jpeg

If your DD plays on a South OC HS D1 team. I hate to break the news to you, but a lot of those defenders you are crying about are probably HS upperclassman committed college defenders.

Break what news? Who cares about college defenders and what is the significance to whether HS soccer is more dangerous than club soccer? My DD holds her own and has no skill issues or issue playing HS as you tried to insinuate. 1.4 goals per game average, 3.6 points per game average and that includes the game she was taken out by a Flight 2 player, who received a yellow card because it was dangerous soccer and the 2 games she was only allowed to play partial games due to concussion protocol. If she didn't miss 8 games and play 3 partial games she would probably have lead all Div 1 scoring in OC. 5 of the games she played were against teams in the Div 1 CIF finals. I would think she is doing ok and can hold her own. Again, my point was it is more dangerous than ECNL for my DD.

Break what news? Who cares about college defenders and what is the significance to whether HS soccer is more dangerous than club soccer? My DD holds her own and has no skill issues or issue playing HS as you tried to insinuate. 1.4 goals per game average, 3.6 points per game average and that includes the game she was taken out by a Flight 2 player, who received a yellow card because it was dangerous soccer and the 2 games she was only allowed to play partial games due to concussion protocol. If she didn't miss 8 games and play 3 partial games she would probably have lead all Div 1 scoring in OC. 5 of the games she played were against teams in the Div 1 CIF finals. I would think she is doing ok and can hold her own. Again, my point was it is more dangerous than ECNL for my DD.

The best player in OC only has 3 goals all season. She is the real deal.

Pretty impressive.

Back