CIF Playoffs

S43 there are several HS teams stacked w club players who got knocked out in the first and second round and who have parents who are fuming...in contrast to those losers, KW gets it done consistently...and with her club teams she has had success over many many years not just her recent club teams...

I know of one arrogant HS w great club players where the coach's excuse was "well you know, we just peaked too early"...yeah right...

wasn't talking about great club players, talking about ECNL players. Which high school teams that got knocked out are stacked with 10-12 ECNL players? I know Moorpark, Mater dei and JSerra are also stacked with ECNL players and they all made it to finals or won. It is a well known fact in the soccer community that Real cuts players and recruits from outside to build teams - don't develop their own players. Would be curious to see coaches take on public high school teams and build the program. That would be impressive about coaching abilities - to have a championship team year after year without the ability to recruit players.

Troy got to the quarters with 2 ECNL players, one senior (going to Carnegie Melon) and one junior (the last from the Blues g98 team, going to UNLV) if I am not mistaken. They took Mater Dei into OT and had Westlake on their heels the entire game that looked good on paper as it went to OT and detroyed Foothill 3-0. Coaching was the biggest difference.

Troy got to the quarters with 2 ECNL players, one senior (going to Carnegie Melon) and one junior (the last from the Blues g98 team, going to UNLV) if I am not mistaken. They took Mater Dei into OT and had Westlake on their heels the entire game that looked good on paper as it went to OT and detroyed Foothill 3-0. Coaching was the biggest difference.
I agree, I'm sure we can all name stacked teams who never won anything in our DDs decade of club soccer. A teams roster being equal on paper...the difference is the coach on the sidelines.

By the way, I nailed D4 Sierra Canyon!

I agree, I'm sure we can all name stacked teams who never won anything in our DDs decade of club soccer. A teams roster being equal on paper...the difference is the coach on the sidelines.

By the way, I nailed D4 Sierra Canyon!
Dear friend NG, don't break your arm patting yourself so hard on the back...it's not like SC was exactly "undiscovered" this season or last season etc etc...KW Coach of the Year and her best player POTY... in contrast, their opponent in the Regional Final was coached by that school's full time english teacher...o_O

Dear friend NG, don't break your arm patting yourself so hard on the back...it's not like SC was exactly "undiscovered" this season or last season etc etc...KW Coach of the Year and her best player POTY... in contrast, their opponent in the Regional Final was coached by that school's full time english teacher...o_O

If you read my post a few pages back....my DDs HS played "SEVERAL" non-league Baseline D1 schools and Sierra Canyon a D4 school was better than any of those schools. Maybe you knew who Sierra Canyon was, but I didn't....because, I don't follow high school soccer like club or college soccer. My prediction was purely based after what I saw on the field and researched what club their players play at afterwards.

I also stand by my post, I would like to see Sierra Canyon play JSerra in a head to head match up.

Also don't hate, because you were throwing shade at Sierra Canyon posting they lost to this school and that school. Then couldn't pick the winner between Brentwood and Sierra Canyon in the D4 finals (S.C. beat them twice D4 and Regional D4 finals). If you knew so much about Sierra Canyon why didn't you make a prediction? After seeing them play 1 time only, I knew they were the real deal and why I posted they would go deep into CIF Regionals.

NG, for perspective, SC is the defending champ. They won the Division 5 Championship last year...last year SC totally decimated the field...they scored 22 goals...gave up only 3 goals on the way to winning the Championship...It would be surprising to me also to see a D5 school compare favorably to a D1 school in HS soccer...not hating or throwing shade on SC just pointing out that they have a great soccer program but have also been defeated by two other D5 teams and ended league play in a three-way tie for first place in their conference...

NG, for perspective, SC is the defending champ. They won the Division 5 Championship last year...last year SC totally decimated the field...they scored 22 goals...gave up only 3 goals on the way to winning the Championship...It would be surprising to me also to see a D5 school compare favorably to a D1 school in HS soccer...not hating or throwing shade on SC just pointing out that they have a great soccer program but have also been defeated by two other D5 teams and ended league play in a three-way tie for first place in their conference...
Um for someone who follows Sierra Canyon. Obviously you don't know, because last year the CIF D5 Champion was NOT Sierra Canyon. The 2015-2016 Champion was Oxnard. I know, because my DD's HS lost to Oxnard in the D5 Championship game. #mixdrop

Um for someone who follows Sierra Canyon. Obviously you don't know, because last year the CIF D5 Champion was NOT Sierra Canyon. The 2015-2016 Champion was Oxnard. I know, because my DD's HS lost to Oxnard in the D5 Championship game. #mixdrop
Sure Nogoal SC won the 2015 D5 but my point still stands that they were not exactly "undiscovered".

Also don't hate, because you were throwing shade at Sierra Canyon posting they lost to this school and that school. Then couldn't pick the winner between Brentwood and Sierra Canyon in the D4 finals (S.C. beat them twice D4 and Regional D4 finals). If you knew so much about Sierra Canyon why didn't you make a prediction? After seeing them play 1 time only, I knew they were the real deal and why I posted they would go deep into CIF Regionals.

Sure Nogoal SC won the 2015 D5 but my point still stands that they were not exactly "undiscovered".

Gents- No matter.....Ya both win. The fact of the matter is that KW is legit.....Her HS teams - legit.....Her club teams - legit. In fact, I remember back a few years ago, Bobak's 99's were in a final vs her girls (I forget the tourney), KW's girls had tads girls on the mat...laid out....with their foot on our girls neck and won. She, a former Padawan, took a page from old soccer Jedi Obi-wan & won - very cool to see.:)

If we lived in that area, I'd for sure want my kid to be under her tutelage at either level (HS and/or club).

Back