California lifts COVID-19 ban on high school football, soccer

you’re right it’s not a left versus right thing. Funny thing is I’m not a Trumper.… Can’t stand the guy, hate him. Fully supported Biden. But completely vehemently disagree with 90% of the stuff you say on here. You see, I look at things from a commonsense approach, not by how I vote. Also So funny how you always call it “kiddie” soccer, my son it’s 6 feet 185 pounds, all muscle and strong as a horse. He could probably take you in a second. But sure keep calling him a “kiddie”. . Bye, bye. I won’t be responding to you anymore… I’ve got some soccer to watch!
We are in agreeance, and I've tried to understand his point many times but have given up.

Glad there was a update but I just realized something :oops:

If the new 14/100 was in place we could been playing in Sept, Oct, and parts of Nov. in some places in CA and SoCal
Correct, I believe SD was around 7 or lower. However, sports were never dependent on cases per 100,000. They were dependent on the large school unions reaching a deal on reopening public schools. Deal for $6.5 billion was reached with CTA and now "poof" we can play some outdoor sports. Amazing how that timing worked out.

Win in court, well done let them play:

Double win today now the other counties have a blueprint

Adjusted case rate.

So what is that exactly? Can be found on ?

20.0 adjusted cases per day for LA county on the 2/16 update so have hope now!

So every 7 day average starting 2/26? Put out weekly or daily? what's your take on how things might work?
The adjusted case rate is based on how much testing a county does. It is like bonus points or a reward for testing. The state takes the actual case rate and then multiples it by a number. So for example Ventura county has the highest Covid testing rates in the state. They get to multiple their case rate by .5 or .6 depending on each weeks testing. So if their actual case rate is 100 their adjusted case rate is 50 or 60. So in Ventura once the actual case rate gets to around 28 sports will be allowed because their adjusted case rate will be 14.
the exact county adjusted multiplier is on each weeks excel sheet from the state.

The adjusted case rate is based on how much testing a county does. It is like bonus points or a reward for testing. The state takes the actual case rate and then multiples it by a number. So for example Ventura county has the highest Covid testing rates in the state. They get to multiple their case rate by .5 or .6 depending on each weeks testing. So if their actual case rate is 100 their adjusted case rate is 50 or 60. So in Ventura once the actual case rate gets to around 28 sports will be allowed because their adjusted case rate will be 14.
the exact county adjusted multiplier is on each weeks excel sheet from the state.
Where might we find this adjusted case rate for Ventura County? I think they posted we were at 26.2 yesterday but I don’t know if that is adjusted or not

Where might we find this adjusted case rate for Ventura County? I think they posted we were at 26.2 yesterday but I don’t know if that is adjusted or not

Go to webpage for Blueprint for a Safer Economy
Blueprint for a Safer Economy (ca.gov)
Scroll down to where it says Data Chart excel file, Open then look at Column O -Linear Adjustment Factor Applied to Case Rate.
It changes weekly depending on how much testing a county has done. So to get adjusted rate you multiply factor by actual case rate. Here are some examples:
Ventura County Actual Case Rate 43.9 (multiplier this week is .59) = Adjusted rate of 26.2
LA could open schools based on adjusted rate Actual case rate this week 29 (multiplier .69)= Adjusted rate of 20

So if you want things to open faster you want your county to test more. As more healthy people return to work and are required to be tested then the better the adjusted rate. I work in another county and need to be tested for work. I test in the county where I live so they get credit.

Hmmm. Thinking about this more, if parents who have kids who want to play sports take their whole family to get tested then it means a better adjusted rate.

Go to webpage for Blueprint for a Safer Economy
Blueprint for a Safer Economy (ca.gov)
Scroll down to where it says Data Chart excel file, Open then look at Column O -Linear Adjustment Factor Applied to Case Rate.
It changes weekly depending on how much testing a county has done. So to get adjusted rate you multiply factor by actual case rate. Here are some examples:
Ventura County Actual Case Rate 43.9 (multiplier this week is .59) = Adjusted rate of 26.2
LA could open schools based on adjusted rate Actual case rate this week 29 (multiplier .69)= Adjusted rate of 20

So if you want things to open faster you want your county to test more. As more healthy people return to work and are required to be tested then the better the adjusted rate. I work in another county and need to be tested for work. I test in the county where I live so they get credit.

Hmmm. Thinking about this more, if parents who have kids who want to play sports take their whole family to get tested then it means a better adjusted rate.
Forgot to add:
There are counties that are not testing as much
Orange County multiplier is .98
And look at El Dorado their multiplier is 1.1 because they don't do much testing. So their actual case rate is 13.2 but their adjusted rate is HIGHER at 14.7.

I have been saying this for months....what does this mean for next year?
It is not done. They just updated all of the standings. They are getting ready to start up in early March.

They can all play each other in California while they wait for things to open up even more. Only LA County and San Diego cannot play each other directly 'right now'. AZ already played a lot of games in the fall. Nevada is tricky but they also played some games in the fall and they can play AZ teams. Plus there is that lawsuit in San Diego that could push the opening up broader all over the state.

It's incredible what a chance of a Recall can do. Read they have 1.1 million signatures. Told my son if they get 1.4 million signatures prom and grad night at Disneyland are on. ;)
While I am no fan of his and he screwed up on this, the numbers have also dropped dramatically. I agree the recall put pressure on him, and he deserves it, but let's also acknowledge that numbers are also down.

The numbers have dropped dramatically in almost every state and every country. I don’t think it has to do with any California policy.
I was absolutely not implying that his policy contributed to the dropping numbers. I meant that the dropping numbers coincide with his decision to open things up. I also agree that the recall likely nudged him to move quickly too.

Back