California lifts COVID-19 ban on high school football, soccer

Thank you sir!
Okay, here's the pertinent info that I see:
  • This new order applies to all youth sports beginning Feb 23;
  • Can resume games when case rate for county is at 14 per 100k or lower;
  • Participants and coaches must be tested weekly (13 years and older);
  • Can only play teams in same and adjacent counties;
  • No multiple team events (I'm not sure how this would affect two clubs competing in a day with multiple age groups);

• No multiple team events (I'm not sure how this would affect two clubs competing in a day with multiple age groups);
Yes, correct. This is my interpretation as well. What will be interesting for league play is how they determine which teams can participate since they span multiple counties.

Yes, correct. This is my interpretation as well. What will be interesting for league play is how they determine which teams can participate since they span multiple counties.
The language regarding playing in a less restrictive tier was very ambiguous. The way I read it was the weekly and 24-hour-before-game testing requirement only applies to football, rugby, and water polo, but it does not apply to soccer. Perhaps I was reading it with my heart instead of with my eyes, so please correct me if you read it differently.

As of now, no major counties in CA are below 14 cases per 100K, so nothing is open yet for soccer.

The language regarding playing in a less restrictive tier was very ambiguous. The way I read it was the weekly and 24-hour-before-game testing requirement only applies to football, rugby, and water polo, but it does not apply to soccer. Perhaps I was reading it with my heart instead of with my eyes, so please correct me if you read it differently.

As of now, no major counties in CA are below 14 cases per 100K, so nothing is open yet for soccer.
No major cities below 14? SF! Best city in the state. Go Giants!

More seriously, the whole SF bay area qualifies.

I think ECNL is done for the year. We'll probably have temporary ad hoc covid spring leagues.
Why would ECNL be done. Orange County teams can play everyone except Real So Cal and Eagles. Those two teams can get their games in against the LA County teams. San Diego County and Riverside county teams can play each other plus Orange county. You get all of these games in now, and then play the other ones later when things loosen up even more. AZ teams have already played way more games than California teams. They can get their games in with Nevada. Nevada is the only team limited. But they did get a head start and got some games in during the fall that most California teams did not.

The order begins February 26th.
The testing requirement above shall only apply in the following situations:
For football, rugby and water polo

Why would ECNL be done. Orange County teams can play everyone except Real So Cal and Eagles. Those two teams can get their games in against the LA County teams. San Diego County and Riverside county teams can play each other plus Orange county. You get all of these games in now, and then play the other ones later when things loosen up even more. AZ teams have already played way more games than California teams. They can get their games in with Nevada. Nevada is the only team limited. But they did get a head start and got some games in during the fall that most California teams did not.
Real Socal is in LA County so Orange County should be able to play them. ECNL should just schedule accordingly and hopefully the tiers keep dropping so non-adjacent counties can start playing later in Spring.

Real Socal is in LA County so Orange County should be able to play them. ECNL should just schedule accordingly and hopefully the tiers keep dropping so non-adjacent counties can start playing later in Spring.
Oh my bad! Thank you for the correction.

I think ECNL is done for the year. We'll probably have temporary ad hoc covid spring leagues.
I'm trying to figure out the counties in my head...
OC, LA, Riverside?(Arsenal, or are they SB)? I should stop being lazy and look at my phone app...

The counties can adopt more restrictive measures and LA County and Santa Clara have telegraphed in the past that they will.

I'm trying to figure out the counties in my head...
OC, LA, Riverside?(Arsenal, or are they SB)? I should stop being lazy and look at my phone app...

The latest map (Feb 16) shows almost all counties are still purple. Does that matter anymore?

The counties can adopt more restrictive measures and LA County and Santa Clara have telegraphed in the past that they will.

This has the makings of a pre-conspiracy theory. Better to be prepared for a new one now that teacher unions and the state are agreeing to let teachers back into schools provided appropriate safety precautions are taken.

This has the makings of a pre-conspiracy theory. Better to be prepared for a new one now that teacher unions and the state are agreeing to let teachers back into schools provided appropriate safety precautions are taken.
Ok...I see you’re still actively posting. Just deciding NOT to answer questions that you can’t spin into your bullshit!

#checkmate

Ok...I see you’re still actively posting. Just deciding NOT to answer questions that you can’t spin into your bullshit!

#checkmate

I’ve told y’all 100 times that I don’t talk about myself or my kids here. My self-esteem does not depend on gaining the respect of the morons who hang out here, nor does it depend on how good my kid/s (if any) is/are at soccer.

Back