Best 2005 Possesion Coaches

I know there are many styles of play, but I am interested in knowing which 2005 Coaches are dedicated to possession style soccer? I feel like Coaches talk up being possession based, but then they get out on the field and it turns into powerball/kickball. I'm hoping some of you can point me to coaches that don't waver, and are dedicated to playing that way whether they win or lose. TIA!

You ask a difficult question, because everyone has an opinion on what they like in a coach. And, there will be parents out there that think their coach is a possession style coach and in fact they are not ...though there will be a coach or two who fall in the grey area that do not make this list.

Here is my list, but in no specific order based upon this G05 age group.

So Cal:
J Ocampo
Sal Diaz
Diego Souza
Doug Swanson
Abel Martinez
Carlos Guerrero
Mike Whitaker
Craig Barkley

Nor Cal:
Ron Shakleford
Matt Marquess
Andres Deza (Godfather)

You ask a difficult question, because everyone has an opinion on what they like in a coach. And, there will be parents out there that think their coach is a possession style coach and in fact they are not ...though there will be a coach or two who fall in the grey area that do not make this list.

So Cal:
J Ocampo
Sal Diaz
Diego Souza
Doug Swanson
Abel Martinez
Carlos Guerrero
Mike Whitaker
Craig Barkley

Nor Cal:
Ron Shakleford
Matt Marquess
Andres Deza (Godfather)
Wow thanks Lastman!

So Cal:
J Ocampo
Sal Diaz
Diego Souza
Doug Swanson
Abel Martinez
Carlos Guerrero
Mike Whitaker
Craig Barkley

Nor Cal:
Ron Shakleford
Matt Marquess
Andres Deza (Godfather)
One retraction as I got over zealous. Andres Deza does not have an 05 team this year or last. But, still the coach that put possession soccer on the girls side in effect that caught all's attention.

Keeping the ball as a primary mission, giving up all other rewards. You don't see too many good teams repeatedly passing the ball around the back when they are behind.
Would you say that Barcelona, Bayern, PSG, or Man City play "pure possession" as you define it?

The only time pure possession is of value is when a team is ahead by two or more goals. A team gets ahead by two or more goals by scoring more than their opponent.

Your that parent that gets upset when a coach ask his/her team to drop the ball and reset if they want to switch the point of attack huh.

Or gets upset when the coach wants his players to play short on a corner kick or goal kick.

We all seen that parent throw their hands up in the air at their coach and scream "WHY!"

Your that parent that gets upset when a coach ask his/her team to drop the ball and reset if they want to switch the point of attack huh.

Or gets upset when the coach wants his players to play short on a corner kick or goal kick.

We all seen that parent throw their hands up in the air at their coach and scream "WHY!"
Naw....just a grump with no skin in the game and likes to be heard.

Back