Are their any decent Soccer Clubs Left?

For the ones speaking down on Albion as a club, statistically, they have one of the strongest boys clubs around. For the ones speaking on the girls side, yes majority of their best players have graduated and are gone, but still have some very solid 2018 kids, but yes that team won't be the same.

No. What is your goal? Development or winning games? You have a great coach and team, you are done. So what if the team has 12 players. The coach is great, development is presumably good. The players will get lots of playing time, won't be much standing around at practice and while a few games might be lost due to lack of subs, who really cares?

Also, be mindful of the fact that players from the same club can be "passed" to various teams throughout the season. My kid was on a "B" team with 9 players by the third game (injuries), a few kids from the "A" team were loaned and so were a few kids from the younger "A" team. It worked fine. Its one thing if you don't have enough players in the club to field a team, but finding a good coach and teammates is the quest, winning is just a byproduct.

In theory it's all great, and I hope this will be the case. In reality at 02 age group you will be really lucky to have all 12 players at all games.
Loan players also a great concept. However, for the most part, leagues (SCDSL and CSL) will schedule games for the same age group at the same days and they are not allowing players to play more 2 games on the same day, so you will have a problem.

In theory it's all great, and I hope this will be the case. In reality at 02 age group you will be really lucky to have all 12 players at all games.
Loan players also a great concept. However, for the most part, leagues (SCDSL and CSL) will schedule games for the same age group at the same days and they are not allowing players to play more 2 games on the same day, so you will have a problem.
Maybe a bit off topic- But why allow tournaments to have multiple games in a day (as many as 3) but not allow players to play more than 1 game a day during the season? I could see it being abused and a club could run 2 small rosters.

Maybe a bit off topic- But why allow tournaments to have multiple games in a day (as many as 3) but not allow players to play more than 1 game a day during the season? I could see it being abused and a club could run 2 small rosters.

The higher level tournaments tend to only play 1 game per day. The run of the mill summer tournaments recognize the problem and try to address it by (1) shortening the game time from 45 min to 35 min halves; (2) using slightly smaller fields (110x65) versus 115x75; and (3) allowing unlimited substitutions.

There is 1 exception to the multiple games per day and that is the goalkeeper. SCDSL allows a GK to play on the field for their team and GK for another team or play GK in two games (I believe).

Back