Good Guy with Gun Opened Fire on MD High School Shooter, Ended Threat
Email
Google+
Twitter

firearm-handgun-revolver-gun-53351-640x480.png

Pexels
by AWR Hawkins20 Mar 2018426

20 Mar, 2018 20 Mar, 2018
Reports indicate a resource officer at Maryland’s Great Mills High School “exchanged gunfire” with the attacker Tuesday morning to end the threat.

Reports indicate a resource officer at Maryland’s Great Mills High School “exchanged gunfire” with the attacker Tuesday morning to end the threat.

Working as intended, this is who should have the guns, not every citizen:

"School resource officers (SROs) are defined by the United States Department of Justice as sworn law enforcement officers who are responsible for providing security and crime prevention services in schools."

"School resource officers (SROs) are defined by the United States Department of Justice as sworn law enforcement officers who are responsible for providing security and crime prevention services in schools."
I don't think anyone has stated every citizen, just willing people with the proper training.

See Scot Peterson - Broward County Sheriff's

More guns, more gun injury and deaths.
More cars, more car injuries and deaths.
More swimming pools, more swimming pool injuries, more drownings.
More alcohol, more alcohol disease & deaths.
Ladda dadda dee...ladda dadda die...the beat goes on.

More cars, more car injuries and deaths.
More swimming pools, more swimming pool injuries, more drownings.
More alcohol, more alcohol disease & deaths.
Ladda dadda dee...ladda dadda die...the beat goes on.

I'm not sure I see the connection between swimming pool deaths and people walking into schools and nightclubs with assault riffles and inflicting mass casualties?

Well I'm interested to see what he says, because I don't see the connection.

The pro-gun crowd think that since there are other risks in the world, like heart attack or cancer or dying in a car accident, that we shouldn't worry about guns.

The pro-gun crowd think that since there are other risks in the world, like heart attack or cancer or dying in a car accident, that we shouldn't worry about guns.

Personally I care less about handguns and riffles. But something has to be done about these vicious attacks with high-power riffles at school houses.

Personally I care less about handguns and riffles. But something has to be done about these vicious attacks with high-power riffles at school houses.

Handguns kill way more in total. The proliferation of guns in America, matched with our obsession and glorification of gun violence, is not doing us any favors.

I hear what you are saying, but do you have any idea how many of these rifles are out there? Millions and millions. What would you do with the rifles?
I don't think the weapon is the problem.

I hear what you are saying, but do you have any idea how many of these rifles are out there? Millions and millions. What would you do with the rifles?
I don't think the weapon is the problem.

I think you offer a special kind of license to own one where you can verify that someone who owns the high-powered assault riffle is not a loonie toon. You put the cost of the background checks and the meeting a psychologist on the taxpayers dimes because it's to protect the community. And after a period of 6 months... you start taking them away every time we find one that doesn't also come with a licensed owner.

Last edited:
I think you offer a special kind of license to own one where you can verify that someone who owns the high-powered assault riffle is not a loonie toon. You put the cost of the background checks and the meeting a psychologist on the taxpayers dimes because it's to protect the community. And after a period of 6 months... you start taking them away every time we find one that doesn't also come with a licensed owner.
You know there are many more powerful rifles than the AR15.
I have no problem with background checks and waiting periods, maybe a couple days, we should be able to go through some records at least that fast.

Back