2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

I just saw a great quote by JFK
“Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the comfort of thought.”

Let’s enjoy this MAP-free day and talk some college soccer. I am really enjoying all the wild turns this season has brought. Hoping everyone’s dds stay healthy as we near the Tournament.

I was staring at SC and Pepperdine’s good wins:

SC—-UCLA, UCSB, Arizona

Pepperdine - Stanford, CSUN, tie TX a and M and UCLA

I think Pepp has the edge. A tie or win vs. SC enough.

Just out of curiosity in what manner could they protest that would be acceptable to you? If they look around and see social injustices and want to participate in a peaceful yet persistent movement to bring attention to what they see, why does it rankle you so much?
And why aren’t you directing your anger at the actual injustices that are occurring? How about every time you see someone kneeling you fire off an email to your local police department thanking them for their service and then asking what kind of diversity and defusion training they are doing? Or when you see a kneeler, email your local representative asking how they voted on the legislation that removes discrimination in home lending programs? Or ask how you can help support wage equality between races?
Use that anger to change the thing that the protests are about rather than just pound sand at the protest themselves.

And the notion that college kids aren’t aware enough to understand what they are protesting is asinine. It was through my college teammates that I first learned about systemic racism. To say it’s merely for social media suggests you severely underestimate college students. And McCullough at UCLA is very well spoken and knows the gravity of her choices. You all sound like angry old men cursing the sky for being blue.

You lost me at the notion of players kneeling because of home lending discrimination. And who's McCullough? Back to soccer...
She was one of those overrated kids in high school that unlike fine wine, has not improved with adulthood. She also spends a ton of time on her knees.

Washington schools coming to Socal this next week... big 4 way test. Will be very interesting to see if the hot starting Huskies are for real… And can Washington State recapture some of the magic they’ve shown in the past? Does USC get back on track to contend for a possible number one NCAA seed? And does UCLA find its footing And start marching toward the tournament with momentum?

upload_2019-10-20_22-17-25.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-20_22-17-25.png
    upload_2019-10-20_22-17-25.png
    201.3 KB · Views: 1
I was staring at SC and Pepperdine’s good wins:

SC—-UCLA, UCSB, Arizona

Pepperdine - Stanford, CSUN, tie TX a and M and UCLA

I think Pepp has the edge. A tie or win vs. SC enough.
This match is a must win for both teams. A tie for the Waves could be detrimental to our chances of making the NCAA tournament. That loss to SLO looms large...

Did you watch the game? Yes, spanked. Now we wont see MAP for another 2 weeks. Bonus!
I watched the game. They did not get spanked. Stanford had most the ball and chances in first half, but UCLA turned it around in second half and looked dangerous, but Stanford D kept them from any grade A chances. It was a hard fought good match. Not a spanking.

Agreed. These are 19 year-old college girls who learned in Sociology 102 that they should be social justice warriors by kneeling. They play great soccer, but stop already. Clowns.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The clown is you. You have no idea what you were serving for clearly. And her grandfather actually fought in Vietnam and her uncle is 19 years in the Navy and has seen a lot of action. How about you? Keep your stupid opinions to yourself you mental slave.

I don't believe the average 20-year old athlete, at UCLA or any other institution at that level, has enough life experience to protest anything other than bad food on campus.

But why would you? You don't seem very bright so why would you know what anyone of color actually experiences? Your cracker I mean character is showing.

Call me tough guy. You look like a bitch when all you can do is talk shit about my kid yet you are afraid to address me directly. God doesn't like ugly and your bitch ass is sounding like Medusa on the inside.
My God don’t bring God into this.

Back