2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

FYI, the WPSL game between LAGSD and Surf at Army and Navy has been rescheduled from 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM, but does not show on the website.

@soccer661 I saw the picture posted by the Cardinal of the 2019 graduates and only saw McGrady, Dibiasi and Xiao. I figured that Cook wouldn't graduate because she left before the Winter quarter but I expected that Bossiere would graduate (she was a 5th year junior). Is she coming back?

@soccer661 I saw the picture posted by the Cardinal of the 2019 graduates and only saw McGrady, Dibiasi and Xiao. I figured that Cook wouldn't graduate because she left before the Winter quarter but I expected that Bossiere would graduate (she was a 5th year junior). Is she coming back?

Pretty sure JB had graduated already (I think maybe even last year?)
I have heard she is not playing with the team this year-- she is moving onward and upward :)

So MAP, would be curious to know your impressions of WPSL. It was fun to see a bunch of players we have known over the years. In some ways WPSL reminded me of HS with a wide range of ability on the field. The age ranged from HS seniors to women in their 30's, but it was mostly current college players (D1 through NAIA). In other ways it was almost like pick-up soccer, since from game to game the rosters of each team would change dramatically depending on who showed up.

Got my tickets booked for September!! EEK!

I am booking mine next week. I saw that tickets are cheap. I just have to figure out if I am taking my son out of school for two days or not. I am really glad that the game is in September. It is a HUGE difference in travel and hotel costs....

So MAP, would be curious to know your impressions of WPSL. It was fun to see a bunch of players we have known over the years. In some ways WPSL reminded me of HS with a wide range of ability on the field. The age ranged from HS seniors to women in their 30's, but it was mostly current college players (D1 through NAIA). In other ways it was almost like pick-up soccer, since from game to game the rosters of each team would change dramatically depending on who showed up.

It has been a mixed bag. With such fluidity to the rosters it is hard to really get any sort of consistent play. It can be a little frustrating for the players that are used to a higher level of play but overall I think that it is good. It keeps the current players in decent relative game shape, it allows the high school players to get to see what the speed of play at the next level. And for the former players it is great to stay in the game at a decent level. It is a good thing in my eyes.

This is why the Sea Lions are always good; they always have a very consistent roster and demand availability which results in a very "gelled" team.

Weird how they release their recruiting class on the same day as UCLA. UCLA is headed to Italy as the US representative for the World University Games next week. They will be missing two starters who are gone for the World Cup. The non US players are traveling but are only practice players and can't participate. I am still working on finding out when and where the games will be broadcast. Getting a newly minted 21 year old to find things out while juggling soccer and a summer internship can be a challenge.

Weird how they release their recruiting class on the same day as UCLA. UCLA is headed to Italy as the US representative for the World University Games next week. They will be missing two starters who are gone for the World Cup. The non US players are traveling but are only practice players and can't participate. I am still working on finding out when and where the games will be broadcast. Getting a newly minted 21 year old to find things out while juggling soccer and a summer internship can be a challenge.

Good luck to the UCLA girls traveling to Italy!!

Back