2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Congratulations MAP your daughter and the team must be thrilled. If I ever get to Italy again I will skip the historical sites and just eat at as many authentic restaurants as possible. Then they can roll me home.

Thank you. She is happy and just hopes to see Pompeii while they are there.

Am I the only one that is excited for the upcoming season? I’m not in a rush for it to be over but I’m liking my kid’s team’s preseason prep, the recruiting class and new additions and the schedule. Maybe this is the year that they break their Stanford curse. She is 51-11-7 with 4 of those losses coming against Stanford including her only loss in the playoffs. I’m optimistic as usual.

Good luck to you and your player.

Thank you. She is happy and just hopes to see Pompeii while they are there.

Am I the only one that is excited for the upcoming season? I’m not in a rush for it to be over but I’m liking my kid’s team’s preseason prep, the recruiting class and new additions and the schedule. Maybe this is the year that they break their Stanford curse. She is 51-11-7 with 4 of those losses coming against Stanford including her only loss in the playoffs. I’m optimistic as usual.

Good luck to you and your player.
I'm excited to watch the upcoming season, but I have U-Verse and they dropped the Pac 12 network. Not sure how I'm gonna watch games without paying extra for Fubo or Sling. Suggestions?

I'm excited to watch the upcoming season, but I have U-Verse and they dropped the Pac 12 network. Not sure how I'm gonna watch games without paying extra for Fubo or Sling. Suggestions?

The Pac 12 Network is so bad. I have At&T also and got the ominous alert several months back about that. Luckily my brother has Cox and I can use his login for the Pac 12 network.

Last year we did a one month Hulu subscription to get the PAC 12 network. It was worth it to see the games, even if they have inexperienced freshman camera operators (to whom I would say, ZOOM OUT!).

Last year we did a one month Hulu subscription to get the PAC 12 network. It was worth it to see the games, even if they have inexperienced freshman camera operators (to whom I would say, ZOOM OUT!).
I’m doing the 1 month free trial of Hulu so I can watch the World Cup games at work

UCLA plays Italy at noon (9pm local time). Ashley Sanchez was the flag bearer for the USA contingent in the opening ceremonies last night. UCLA scrimmaged Mexico the other day and won 6-0.

Also of note the Mississippi State women’s basketball team is representing the USA in that tournament.

Go USA!!

Just 43 more days until the first scrimmages. The season is fast approaching. I’ve got my ticket booked for the University of Hawaii mini-tournament.

UCLA vs Pepperdine
Washington State vs Hawaii
UCLA vs Hawaii
Washington State vs Pepperdine

Should be some interesting games. I hope to see the Pepperdine people there.

UCLA plays Italy at noon (9pm local time). Ashley Sanchez was the flag bearer for the USA contingent in the opening ceremonies last night. UCLA scrimmaged Mexico the other day and won 6-0.

Also of note the Mississippi State women’s basketball team is representing the USA in that tournament.

Go USA!!

Which tournament?

Anxious and excited. We fly back east and she reports to camp 4 weeks from today. 4 1/2 months post ACL surgery right now. Currently cleared for everything but contact. PT 3x per week and running every day. Might be a redshirt year. Whether it is 4 or 5 years it should be great.

So glad that she is back up and running!! Good luck to your player this season!

Just browsing through some of the released schedules and some teams are scheduling cupcakes. Look at NC State. They have 2 tough games in the preseason then a bunch of cupcakes. They clearly think that they are going to have a high enough RPI due to their conference and just want enough wins to qualify to get into the tournament. Notre Dame only plays one team in the non-conference season that is going to be ranked.

The PAC 12 teams all seem to have gotten the message sent by the East coast biased selection committee and scheduled tough out of conference. Only 5 teams getting into the tournament was a travesty as 4 made the sweet 16 and I hate to say it but $C got screwed with being a 4 seed and was easily one of the best 8 teams in the country. The conference had the best out of conference record and got screwed so every team is going all out. I expect a good year across the board and 8-9 teams in the field.

38 more days...

I love Penn State's schedule. They play Stanford, Georgetown, Long Beach State, West Virginia and Virginia out of conference. The Big Ten is weak but they will have earned a top 2 seed if they can get through that gauntlet with only a loss to Stanford. They have the #1 recruiting class but only 6 returning starters (although Sam Coffey transferring will help). Their coach is gambling big that they are going to be a contender. The first two months of the season are going to be key although even if they struggle early with how weak their conference is they could run the table and still get one of the top 16 seeds and be dangerous come tournament time.

Of course, this year as always getting those critical #1 and #2 seeds matter. Hosting in the Sweet 16 and more importantly the Elite 8 is HUGE!!!

I love Penn State's schedule. They play Stanford, Georgetown, Long Beach State, West Virginia and Virginia out of conference. The Big Ten is weak but they will have earned a top 2 seed if they can get through that gauntlet with only a loss to Stanford. They have the #1 recruiting class but only 6 returning starters (although Sam Coffey transferring will help). Their coach is gambling big that they are going to be a contender. The first two months of the season are going to be key although even if they struggle early with how weak their conference is they could run the table and still get one of the top 16 seeds and be dangerous come tournament time.

Of course, this year as always getting those critical #1 and #2 seeds matter. Hosting in the Sweet 16 and more importantly the Elite 8 is HUGE!!!
Watched Penn State when they won the national championship in 2015. Impressed how they played then.

Just browsing through some of the released schedules and some teams are scheduling cupcakes. Look at NC State. They have 2 tough games in the preseason then a bunch of cupcakes. They clearly think that they are going to have a high enough RPI due to their conference and just want enough wins to qualify to get into the tournament. Notre Dame only plays one team in the non-conference season that is going to be ranked.

The PAC 12 teams all seem to have gotten the message sent by the East coast biased selection committee and scheduled tough out of conference. Only 5 teams getting into the tournament was a travesty as 4 made the sweet 16 and I hate to say it but $C got screwed with being a 4 seed and was easily one of the best 8 teams in the country. The conference had the best out of conference record and got screwed so every team is going all out. I expect a good year across the board and 8-9 teams in the field.

38 more days...

Pardon the math lesson, but a team gets no RPI benefit "due to their conference" unless all members of the conference do well against non-conference opponents.

Back