2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

How did VCU look? We looked like garbage in the Basketball tourney.
Unfortunately I wasn’t there and no broadcast, so I didn’t get to view it. One of the other parents I spoke with said it was difficult for either side to establish any rhythm or flow. He did say the VCU back line and keeper was solid. And at least VCU made the tourney! State was robbed of a spot and is playing in the NIT.

Reign 2 - UCLA 0
Utah Royals 4 - Long Beach State 0
Utah Royals 10 - USC 1 (not a typo)
Fullerton 3 - LMU 2

Reign 2 - UCLA 0
Utah Royals 4 - Long Beach State 0
Utah Royals 10 - USC 1 (not a typo)
Fullerton 3 - LMU 2

So what’s the scoop on these games?.....Specifically w/UCLA and SC. Do they (uni’s) throw the newbies in the fire and see how they roll? ...or do starters start and are simply getting handled?

So what’s the scoop on these games?.....Specifically w/UCLA and SC. Do they (uni’s) throw the newbies in the fire and see how they roll? ...or do starters start and are simply getting handled?

Regarding the UCLA game against the Reign. It was a good game. Reign was the better team. They scored on an own goal by a Bruin defender about 5 or 6 minutes into the game. The second goal came a few minutes before halftime on a nice shot from outside by a former Bruin teammate of my player (she also whipped in the cross that was deflected for the own goal). The second half was pretty even with both teams getting chances. UCLA was unlucky to not get a goal on a nice sequence that ended with a great save by Reign's keeper. It was a good game. Reign FC was a playoff team last year and even without Rapinoe they looked like one. UCLA was missing 3 starters due to injuries (all of them will be back by July) but actually played pretty well. Fleming was the best player on the field and it was clear when she was dribbling around Allie Long and the rest of the Reign midfield.

I do like that scoreline for $C. I figured that this season they would be all offense no defense. I am looking forward to meeting them in November for the PAC 12 title although they are going to have to improve a lot defensively if they hope to keep up with the Bruins and Stanford this year. I like how this fall is penciling out. It is the strongest team they have had since my kid arrived on campus. Should be a great swan song.

UCLA plays LMU and UC Irvine on Sunday in back to back games. They play LMU at 8:15am and then Irvine at 9:30am followed by UCI and LMU playing at 10:45am. UCLA is hosting at Wallis Annenberg Stadium. I'm guessing that the games will be played with 30 minute periods.

Fullerton Rangers New Director of Coaching - Demian Brown

Dear Fullerton Rangers Families, Coaches and Soccer Community,

The Fullerton Rangers Board of Directors are excited to announce: effective April 1st 2019, Coach Demian Brown will rejoin the organization as the new Director of Coaching (DOC) and will address key areas of our club competitive program in addition to having oversight of all programs within the Fullerton Rangers umbrella: Club competitive, Recreation and Signature, with the goal of enhancing the playing experience for all players and to improve transitional pathways within our organization.

Coach Demian brings a vast level of expertise and vision across all levels, from the youngest ages at youth recreational to the most competitive levels of college division 1 soccer. Coach Demian brings an infectious energy and is highly motivated to return to the Fullerton Rangers. His arrival promises to add an exciting chapter in the long and storied 52 year history of the Fullerton Rangers.

In 2016, Coach Jeremy Brownell was nominated by his fellow coaches to step into the DOC role at a critical time and provided much needed leadership, stability and integrity. Coach Jeremy’s steadfast resolve, dedication and unwavering commitment in an ever changing soccer landscape, is a big reason why the Fullerton Rangers competitive program continues today and why our recreational program has made significant improvements. The Fullerton Rangers are grateful for Coach Jeremy’s contributions that span a remarkable 20 years. He is the only Fullerton Rangers Coach to have guided (3) teams to CSL League Cup Championships in the same season (2015).

Coach Demian Brown and Coach Jeremy Brownell share a love and dedication to the Fullerton Rangers families, players and community.

Welcome Coach Demian Brown and Thank you Coach Jeremy Brownell, on behalf of the Fullerton Rangers BOD, players, coaches and families!

Respectfully,

Fullerton Rangers New Director of Coaching - Demian Brown

Dear Fullerton Rangers Families, Coaches and Soccer Community,

The Fullerton Rangers Board of Directors are excited to announce: effective April 1st 2019, Coach Demian Brown will rejoin the organization as the new Director of Coaching (DOC) and will address key areas of our club competitive program in addition to having oversight of all programs within the Fullerton Rangers umbrella: Club competitive, Recreation and Signature, with the goal of enhancing the playing experience for all players and to improve transitional pathways within our organization.

Coach Demian brings a vast level of expertise and vision across all levels, from the youngest ages at youth recreational to the most competitive levels of college division 1 soccer. Coach Demian brings an infectious energy and is highly motivated to return to the Fullerton Rangers. His arrival promises to add an exciting chapter in the long and storied 52 year history of the Fullerton Rangers.

In 2016, Coach Jeremy Brownell was nominated by his fellow coaches to step into the DOC role at a critical time and provided much needed leadership, stability and integrity. Coach Jeremy’s steadfast resolve, dedication and unwavering commitment in an ever changing soccer landscape, is a big reason why the Fullerton Rangers competitive program continues today and why our recreational program has made significant improvements. The Fullerton Rangers are grateful for Coach Jeremy’s contributions that span a remarkable 20 years. He is the only Fullerton Rangers Coach to have guided (3) teams to CSL League Cup Championships in the same season (2015).

Coach Demian Brown and Coach Jeremy Brownell share a love and dedication to the Fullerton Rangers families, players and community.

Welcome Coach Demian Brown and Thank you Coach Jeremy Brownell, on behalf of the Fullerton Rangers BOD, players, coaches and families!

Respectfully,
SJ-in the past I use to set up scrimmages with JB. Good guy. Was his time as the DOC just on an interim basis?

Back