2019 Women's D1 Soccer Talk!!!!

Spring finale for Pepp vs. UCLA this Sunday at 2:00 pm in Westwood. Can’t wait!

I will know by tonight or tomorrow if my player is going to play. She got a little ding against LMU and she didn’t play against UC Irvine. They end the spring next week at Santa Clara. They are going to Italy in June to play in some international tournament as the representative of the US, however, so they will get a few extra weeks of training. Our freshman from Australia is really good FYI. She played in both scrimmages. We are going to be stacked come August.

Are you coming down here for the game this Sunday?

@SpeedK1llz

Just got the word that the injury is just a bad sprain of her toe and that she is cleared to play. Hopefully I will make it. I will be just getting back into town that morning.
Great to hear MAP! I will be there. I fly in that morning around 11:00 am and will head straight to whatever watering hole you recommend. Would love to meet others on this board as well so come on out.

Great to hear MAP! I will be there. I fly in that morning around 11:00 am and will head straight to whatever watering hole you recommend. Would love to meet others on this board as well so come on out.

There is a new brewery called Broxton Brews that is about 100 feet from Barney’s Beanery. Good food, good beer and a full bar. If I make it I will be there pregame. I’m 90% sure that I am going to make it.

There is a new brewery called Broxton Brews that is about 100 feet from Barney’s Beanery. Good food, good beer and a full bar. If I make it I will be there pregame. I’m 90% sure that I am going to make it.
I’m going to guess the next UCLA vs USC game will be at Dignity Health Center (Stub Hub). There are 3 tip top breweries within a 5-10 minute radius. All 3 are in industrial buildings. Smog City, Monkish, and Phantom Carriage. All exceptional.

Last edited:
I’m going to guess the next UCLA vs USC game will be at Dignity Health Center (Stub Hub). There are 3 tip top breweries within a 5-10 minute radius. All 3 are in industrial buildings. Smog City, Monkish, and Phantom Carriage. All exceptional.

My bet is Drake Stadium and an attempt at breaking the previous NCAA attendance record that they set 2 years ago.

I have been to Phantom Carriage. Very interesting decor. I have had Smog City beers as they are carried pretty extensively in LA. I am curious about Monkish and will have to try them out. Living in San Diego spoils you when it comes to breweries. You literally can’t go anywhere in the county without being a stone’s throw from a brewery. Not quite like Paso Robles is for wineries (over 400 and my spouse and I like their wines better than Napa) but you could go to a different brewery or brewpub everyday for almost 7 months straight.

My bet is Drake Stadium and an attempt at breaking the previous NCAA attendance record that they set 2 years ago.

I have been to Phantom Carriage. Very interesting decor. I have had Smog City beers as they are carried pretty extensively in LA. I am curious about Monkish and will have to try them out. Living in San Diego spoils you when it comes to breweries. You literally can’t go anywhere in the county without being a stone’s throw from a brewery. Not quite like Paso Robles is for wineries (over 400 and my spouse and I like their wines better than Napa) but you could go to a different brewery or brewpub everyday for almost 7 months straight.
PC does have a crazy interior. I’m there once a week and it has grown on me. They have added another lounge area and changed their brewing staff. Their beer has never been better. Monkish has a cult following. Yes, SD has a huge selection of small breweries. I’ve been a Stone fan since their inception back in 93. It’s the same out here with small breweries making an imprint. Paso is great. Los Olivos is a great town to stay in too.

Wow! Why would she leave when she clearly had the program headed in the right direction?

In principle, at least, she has had the same University resources available as the men's coach has had (perhaps more, because the NCAA allows the women to have more in order to help balance the big elephant in the room - the D1 football team), but the women's team performance in recruiting and competition has lagged behind that of the men's team as long as I have been following the programs (2008 and later).

Back