2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!!

I’ve begun drinking to kill the pain so I apologize for not making sense. I’ve summarized the blessings (as I recounted to Ricky today):

It wasn’t hot
No one was significantly hurt
It’s still early
My kid played some and didn’t get scored on (the last 20 minutes)
I saw a lot of high potential pieces to puzzle today...just need to put them together now

This hurt RPI bad and we should focus on winning the conference at this point (credit for this thought goes to Ricky)
Hey, at least they aren't peaking too early.

GK, your girl is doing fine but I get it. I don’t envy any parent who’s kid is a keeper. Unjustifiably, too much light on keepers. Agree there are some glimmers of hope. Saw some flashes of brilliance from some players today. Was impressed with the true freshman on the back line in the first half. Good composure on a ball near goal. It will come together. Gotta win in the middle and keep putting combos together up top.
It wasnt as close as the score might lead you to think.

What a joke these highlights are near the bottom. They only show the own goal and the PK. Even the Ruins showed the 1v1s against
lbsu. I was hoping to relive 5 of the 11 trojan goals this weekend....................

https://pepperdinewaves.com/news/2018/8/26/womens-soccer-home-streak-ends.aspx

I’d be worried about this weekend. One win against a decent but struggling team replacing 5 staters doesn’t get the Trojans into the conversation with the contenders quite yet. Are you forgetting the 1-0 win over Irvine? Let’s see how they do against a tournament team.

I’ve begun drinking to kill the pain so I apologize for not making sense. I’ve summarized the blessings (as I recounted to Ricky today):

It wasn’t hot
No one was significantly hurt
It’s still early
My kid played some and didn’t get scored on (the last 20 minutes)
I saw a lot of high potential pieces to puzzle today...just need to put them together now

Without digin' & prodin the college games this weekend....I wanna talk about Love.

Love??

I love how when I ever I looked at games this weekend, the highlights....the box and individual stats...1 thing stands out. From true freshmen to seniors, our SoCal players have a MASSIVE impact on soccer in America.

I love how my player, who's precisely 2,484mi away, has her 1st game, 1st start, 1st assignment to man up against guess who??....a Natty winning, graduate transfer from non-other than .....SoCal.

Cali Love baby - Cali love ❤️

IMHO they schedule tough so when they have to replace a bunch of players it takes time. They will be fine come League season.

Without digin' & prodin the college games this weekend....I wanna talk about Love.

Love??

I love how when I ever I looked at games this weekend, the highlights....the box and individual stats...1 thing stands out. From true freshmen to seniors, our SoCal players have a MASSIVE impact on soccer in America.

I love how my player, who's precisely 2,484mi away, has her 1st game, 1st start, 1st assignment to man up against guess who??....a Natty winning, graduate transfer from non-other than .....SoCal.

Cali Love baby - Cali love ❤️

A HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to little ZD for getting the start in her first college game against a top 25 opponent! That is BIGTIME bro!!

Great work pops!!

Interesting... please tell us more.
Please elaborate.
I don't mean it in a negative sense as far as players or coaches but more so consistently attracting elite / super good talent with the likes of UCLA and U$C 'just down the pike.' Then having an expectation that they will be able to compete consistently with top P5 programs (and the occasional Kansas, etc ) is a challenge IMHO. Plus not having the recruitment engine that the P5 schools have works against them. Don't get me wrong, I personally really like the Waves and have been to a few games there. Awesome view and one heck of a built in cardio workout exploring the campus!

I don't mean it in a negative sense as far as players or coaches but more so consistently attracting elite / super good talent with the likes of UCLA and U$C 'just down the pike.' Then having an expectation that they will be able to compete consistently with top P5 programs (and the occasional Kansas, etc ) is a challenge IMHO. Plus not having the recruitment engine that the P5 schools have works against them. Don't get me wrong, I personally really like the Waves and have been to a few games there. Awesome view and one heck of a built in cardio workout exploring the campus!
Nobody believes they have the ability to recruit with UCLA or UCLA, or even USC.
They attract a certain type of student athlete. They dont play in the Pac-12 and they dont have the bright lights and bells and whistles.
This is a small, Christian based school that gets top professors with classes that average 20 to thirty kids in many classes.
There are great benefits for young women lucky enough to go to Pepperdine.
As far as soccer goes, the program has the small school benefits on a beautiful campus, with the opportunity to play the best teams in the country, year in and year out.
They do well with the players who do fit the mold.
Instead of having National team players from top to bottom like Stanford and UCLA, they get a few of those, mixed with other talent passed over by the Big Dogs. (who understand and fit with what Pepperdine offers)

Overall the program is on the rise.
It has won back to back league championships for the first time in program history, and will continue to be a force in the WCC from now on.
Tough start this season?, yeah.

Beautiful day out in Malibu. The waves ran a lot of freshmen yesterday and they willl be fine. Karma coulda played a little into it when the whole Pepp team bailed on the post anthem pregame handshake and left the Trojans standing at midfield wondering what to do. Is that a tradition?

Beautiful day out in Malibu. The waves ran a lot of freshmen yesterday and they willl be fine. Karma coulda played a little into it when the whole Pepp team bailed on the post anthem pregame handshake and left the Trojans standing at midfield wondering what to do. Is that a tradition?

Pepperdine home games don't have a pre-game handshake, they have this little routine where they run over and join the rest of the team screaming something (maybe something like "Waves" after "home of the brave") right at the last bar of the National Anthem. I didn't even know there was supposed to be a pre-game handshake LOL And I have never noticed the opposing team being confused by this routine either. Shows you how out to lunch I am.

Appreciate the context GoWest. As Ricky said, Pepperdine probably won't ever be able to compete with the P5 schools in recruiting but we're competitive year in and year out and it's a special place to go to school and play soccer. Our girls consider themselves blessed to have to opportunity to play there.

You just can’t help but try and create a controversy. You are such a mitch. Stop trying to start crap. You should save the $hit talk for after $C beats someone. Karma is a bitch and my money says it comes and bites you and the Trojans in the a$$.

And you still have two a$$ whuppings coming up to the true contenders. That kickball to Pruitt and Jacobs and putting a forward at centerback is going to bite you in the a$$ this weekend.

Trying to pile on the Pepperdine parents is low even for a ground dwelling, mouth breathing bitch a$$ pu$$y like you. I’ll be your huckleberry... Talk $hit to me you mitch.

You just can’t help but try and create a controversy. You are such a mitch. Stop trying to start crap. You should save the $hit talk for after $C beats someone. Karma is a bitch and my money says it comes and bites you and the Trojans in the a$$.

And you still have two a$$ whuppings coming up to the true contenders. That kickball to Pruitt and Jacobs and putting a forward at centerback is going to bite you in the a$$ this weekend.

Trying to pile on the Pepperdine parents is low even for a ground dwelling, mouth breathing bitch a$$ pu$$y like you. I’ll be your huckleberry... Talk $hit to me you mitch.
I may be off but you seem, well, irritated? :)

I may be off but you seem, well, irritated? :)

He is just that guy who whines about someone talking crap about his kid (and there is plenty to say) yet he turns around and tries to twist the knife when Pepperdine (an excellent team AND school) are struggling. It’s his typical NorCal crybaby bull$hit. He is just such a bitch. I hope that I run into him at Stub Hub...

Pepperdine home games don't have a pre-game handshake, they have this little routine where they run over and join the rest of the team screaming something (maybe something like "Waves" after "home of the brave") right at the last bar of the National Anthem. I didn't even know there was supposed to be a pre-game handshake LOL And I have never noticed the opposing team being confused by this routine either. Shows you how out to lunch I am.
"Home of the Waves"
Its a home tradition.

Back