2017-2018 D1 Women's Soccer Talk!

Best college cup game I've ever seen, bar none. It was open, with intelligent play, high soccer IQ, two teams trying to possess to generate chances, etc. The best team won. But the beginning of the second half reminded me of why Stanford has also lost multiple finals in the past. UCLA came up against a team that took the ball from them. And they were exposed in the back, not because of lack of talent or speed as others are so adamant to point out, but because the risk of playing the way they do is to be caught in open space. Stanford was the better team, but UCLA fought their way back, and that is why this is the beautiful game. It's unpredictable and honest. I'm glad that in the age of technology and when everyone in the country has instant access to this game, the game was one of pure beauty and excitement. If the younger generations follow this style of play, the future is bright.

Agree 100%. Great game with fantastic players and coaches and extremely attractive soccer being played by both sides.
It was a shining example of what I hope the future of college soccer can be.

You called those that are kneeling stupid --

web.sp_.wsoccer.nbk_.AYeo_-640x426.jpg

Get it?
At least 3 of those kneeling are internationals shitting on our flag. And guess what? Your taxpayer money pays for them to be here

At least 3 of those kneeling are internationals shitting on our flag. And guess what? Your taxpayer money pays for them to be here

Or many would say they are bravely partaking in trying to make the country they chose to live and that has offered them a wonderful opportunity a better place to live in (isn't that the whole point of why we invite people to join us?). It depends on your perspective and political leanings, I suppose.
At any rate, we've run down this path. Everyone's opinion is pretty clear, and nobody seems to be ready to change their mind. Let's stop mucking up the college thread with political arguments.

Get your glasses fixed.....the quote is, “I think the kneeling thing is stupid”. How is that calling them stupid?apparently you don’t Get It! Stick to Poway Politics!

In my estimation, based on long experience, people who do some stupid thing generally do other stupid things, so much so that we start calling them stupid.

It looks like you and the plumber went to have your bread buttered on both sides.

You were wrong, though. You guaranteed UCLA would win it all (they didn't). You said your girl is the best CB in the country (the coaches don't even think she's one of the two best in the conference). You said the other coaches in the conference are idiots (they aren't). You said to wait and see who makes the All-American list (we did, and it was a good list yet you call the list "a joke"). You said she'd play great in the final and she was ready (she was dreadful, and apparently hurt). You said the players on the UCLA bench aren't very good and shouldn't be getting minutes (what a dumb thing to say).

Just stop. Your kid is a great player. I agree that she would contribute on just about any team in the country. She doesn't need you acting like an idiot hype man, Lavar.

THE PARENTS OF GIRL'S ON YOUR DAUGHTER'S TEAM ('S...not just at UCLA) ALL DISLIKE YOU AND WISH YOU WOULD SHUT UP!
JITKA REALLY LIKES YOUR DAUGHTER BUT CAN'T STAND YOU!
Maybe you should think why that is and how I know the above before you go too far in assuming who my children are.

You think your antics are making people super aware of how good your girl is. You're wrong. Your antics are edging dangerously close to actually hurting her opportunities. She would be much better off if you would delete your account, stop with the emails that you think are private, and pipe down in the stands. Everyone's tired of you, and there's a level of play where your girls isn't soooo good that it's worth putting up with your nonsense. Your girl is an adult now. Let go a little bit.

Sorry Timmy, but overall coaches, owners, scouts don’t care what parents say or post. If any of that were true Lonzo Ball wouldn’t have been drafted 2nd this past year in the NBA draft.

Last edited:
In my estimation, based on long experience, people who do some stupid thing generally do other stupid things, so much so that we start calling them stupid.

It looks like you and the plumber went to have your bread buttered on both sides.
That’s a very far stretch that you make simply to try and support your statement. Like I said, stick to Poway politics......

Back