2017-2018 Academy Schedule

There are no regular season games for two months, from late November to late January. There are also no regular games for another month, from about mid March to mid April. I don't know when the showcases will be held.

For the Southwest Fall/Winter showcase is in Nov or Dec typically
Futsal period Jan-Feb, Futsal Showcase for this year boys groups was just for u12,U13 but I hear that may be expanded to other age groups in 2018
Spring Showcase Early-Mid April, if the winter one is in FL, the spring one will be on the West Coast either Stubhub or something up north possibly

We received a first draft our 2017/18 DA calendar at our information meeting this past week. It has DA practices beginning in late July and our first game is September 2nd. The fall season runs to November 19th. Our next regular season game is February 24th. As mentioned above we have a gap from March 24th to April 21st between regular season games. In that gap, our club listed the Spring Showcase.

As far as showcase v playoff at the end, I think the top teams play in the playoffs and the teams that did not qualify play in the showcase. Someone with experience with the boys' DA might know.

The Houston Dash GDA page has a link, and about halfway down there is a section called "Yearly Calendar" that seems to match up with what we were told by our club.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-23lCvEPUJTbkF5OUtPT2Zpa0k/view

We received a first draft our 2017/18 DA calendar at our information meeting this past week. It has DA practices beginning in late July and our first game is September 2nd. The fall season runs to November 19th. Our next regular season game is February 24th. As mentioned above we have a gap from March 24th to April 21st between regular season games. In that gap, our club listed the Spring Showcase.

As far as showcase v playoff at the end, I think the top teams play in the playoffs and the teams that did not qualify play in the showcase. Someone with experience with the boys' DA might know.

The Houston Dash GDA page has a link, and about halfway down there is a section called "Yearly Calendar" that seems to match up with what we were told by our club.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-23lCvEPUJTbkF5OUtPT2Zpa0k/view

Playoffs = top 4. For the rest Yes for the showcases instead
"The Showcase games are for all U-15/16 teams that do not qualify for playoffs. If both the U-15/16 and U-17/18 teams do not qualify, the club may bring one combined aged team of U-15/16/17/18 players, which will play against similarly-aged combined teams"
http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170209-Summer-Showcase-and-Playoffs

Will be slightly different for the Southwest and the transition period will/can be used for futsal instead: http://www.ussoccerda.com/20170120-five-things-to-know-development-academy-winter-futsal-showcase

DASH GDA Tentative Info:

dacal.jpg

dasum.jpg

Was told FC Dallas is doing the same thing for their trips to Austin and Houston. Not sure about Kansas and Colorado seems a bit far for a bus.

I am not surprised that some clubs are using busses. Cool approach - teams travel together, and then there is money saved because they are avoiding the hotel stay. I am surprised that FC Kansas City is using busses to go so far.

Just looking at the Surf Cup GDA schedule, no early games, 1 game Fri, 1 game Sat, off Sun, 1 game Mon and 1 game Tues.
Normal schedule, early game Sat, 2 games Sun and 2 games Mon if you make it.

Just looking at the Surf Cup GDA schedule, no early games, 1 game Fri, 1 game Sat, off Sun, 1 game Mon and 1 game Tues.
Normal schedule, early game Sat, 2 games Sun and 2 games Mon if you make it.
There are 7 missing Socal GDA teams at Surf Cup (Beach, Legends, LA Premier, Eagles, Slammers, Albion, and Del Sol).
Anyone know who is going to Silverlakes or when the schedules will be up?

There are 7 missing Socal GDA teams at Surf Cup (Beach, Legends, LA Premier, Eagles, Slammers, Albion, and Del Sol).
Beach chose Silverlakes over Surf and although I'm not happy about Norco in July, coupled with the lack of organization from the Tournament (No accepted teams list or anything and we are 18 days out). We are excited to see the girls on the pitch again soon.

Beach chose Silverlakes over Surf and although I'm not happy about Norco in July, coupled with the lack of organization from the Tournament (No accepted teams list or anything and we are 18 days out). We are excited to see the girls on the pitch again soon.
Just pray you are not on the turf.
Don't they have rules about temp?

In which age group are you interested? The Legends '99 team won't be at either competition. They will be competing in the United States Youth Soccer National Championships in Dallas during the Surf Cup olders.

In which age group are you interested? The Legends '99 team won't be at either competition. They will be competing in the United States Youth Soccer National Championships in Dallas during the Surf Cup olders.

Without their best players because if they are smart they will be in college getting ready to play real competition.

Is there bad blood between any of these teams and Surf?
Seems to me a great way to see who's who in GDA.
I will make time to see the GDA at Surf Cup.
It may just answer some questions I have.

Back