2017-2018 Academy Schedule

I like this line:

• Like-for-Like Competition – At Showcase events, matchups are scheduled to provide the most meaningful competition
To me this implies a class system among the clubs. If the level of play is going to be so high and all the teams are going to be all star teams, why the need for "Like for Like" competition. I will tell you why. The clubs that have been producing great teams will continue to do it and the poser GDA academies that got in through cronyism and because of NWSL affiliation (or kissing a$$ or the WTF selections) are going to get taken to the woodshed by the usual suspects. Surf, Blues, Eclipse Select, PDA, Real Colorado, Crossfire, one of the several Dallas Academies.

The more things change the more the remain the same. Since I am not going to be on these boards long enough to get to the I told you so post. I will go ahead right now and say it....

I like this line:

• Like-for-Like Competition – At Showcase events, matchups are scheduled to provide the most meaningful competition
To me this implies a class system among the clubs. If the level of play is going to be so high and all the teams are going to be all star teams, why the need for "Like for Like" competition. I will tell you why. The clubs that have been producing great teams will continue to do it and the poser GDA academies that got in through cronyism and because of NWSL affiliation (or kissing a$$ or the WTF selections) are going to get taken to the woodshed by the usual suspects. Surf, Blues, Eclipse Select, PDA, Real Colorado, Crossfire, one of the several Dallas Academies.

The more things change the more the remain the same. Since I am not going to be on these boards long enough to get to the I told you so post. I will go ahead right now and say it....

Internal standings even for the age groups /wo publicly posted ones are keep and some ratings....used for scheduling & showcases match-up.... some attempts to match up like to like. MLS vs MLS is common one but goes something like:
Top 3 from the Southwest vs top 3 for the Northwest or other regions, Middle vs Middle, etc... normally (3-4) sets of groups and you play those 3 teams

Please get over yourselves. It's really tiring. If your kids have aged out,and you know to whom I'm speaking of, find another blog to boast about what you know or what you don't know.
99% could care less. The supposed wisdom gets old. Thanks for caring.
@.........youknowwhoyouare

Girls DA is a closed league like ECNL. Who ever is crowned the National Champion didn't face the best teams outside the league, like a true Champion does by winning a USYS Championship.

Signed,

CaliKlines

Please get over yourselves. It's really tiring. If your kids have aged out,and you know to whom I'm speaking of, find another blog to boast about what you know or what you don't know.
99% could care less. The supposed wisdom gets old. Thanks for caring.
@.........youknowwhoyouare

@Lightning Red I have a better idea. Let's talk cleats and bad clubs like that one in Carlsbad (you know the one that I am talking about) and lame stuff like how great a yet to happen league is and how great training all the time is for little girls to the point that they miss their childhood for a shot that 99.99% of them will never have because it is so in vogue.

You are LAME!

Funny that you both got the hint. #CarlsbadStrong #SurfStrong
#predictable

Funny that you still haven't said anything of substance. Has it hit you yet that you have been wasting your time? You are one of those typical douche bags that likes to talk but doesn't say anything. I would light into you but you aren't worth the time. I will just leave it alone because you already know that your kid going to the GDA is a waste of her time any yours. It doesn't take GDA to get a 5% scholarship to Cal State San Marcos. She can just play on one of those kickball teams that you have her on and she will do just fine. @Lightning Red you and yours are #frauds. I think Nicki says it best.

#predictable
Taking shots at kids you know nothing about. Well done. Go find a hobby and spare the rest of us. Feel free to come out and watch our kickball. Until then you should reserve your bs. I'm easy to find. I don't run and I don't hide.
The rest of the forum doesn't need to hear this.

Too bad she will never wear a kit that you didn't have to buy... You are LAME!...You are one of those typical douche bags that likes to talk but doesn't say anything... You already know that your kid going to the GDA is a waste of her time and yours... Why is your avatar a picture of your kid? Do you get off on it? You haven't even passed the age 14 purge. I suggest that you keep your head down... The poser GDA academies that got in through cronyism and because of NWSL affiliation (or kissing a$$ or the WTF selections) are going to get taken to the woodshed by the usual suspects. Surf, Blues, Eclipse Select, PDA, Real Colorado, Crossfire, one of the several Dallas Academies.
Why do you always have to make statements like this to others on the forums? If you don't agree with GDA and the ulittles, just let it go. No need for all of the insults. BTW, I thought you two were fans of Mauricio, DeMelo, and Joyner? You just seriously put them and the club down.

Thank goodness we are all adults on this forum and know that your comments are a result of needing attention as well as to feel superior. Your dd is successful, be happy and content. Give good advice and lay off the insults. It's not needed.

images

Fight! Fight! Fight ! .... oops sorry that was my inside Voice .... DA still has a lot to prove - personally waiting on the sidelines to see how it take shapes .... There is room for more than just one style on the pitch. Proven by the the different styles of USC and UCLA ... can't "Make A Play"

Get readyyyyyyyy to Rumbllllle

Is it me, but I could not find the three showcases anywhere in the schedule... with a 30 week season not sure how they will have the time for three showcases. Did anyone notice when they were?
EVENTS:
The 2017-2018 Academy season will feature 3 showcase and postseason playoff events.

Winter Showcase: December 6th - 10th in Lakewood Ranch, FL
Spring Showcase: Early-Mid April - Location TBD
End of Year Playoffs/Showcase: At the end of the year - June/July

Winter Showcase: December 6th - 10th in Lakewood Ranch, FL
Spring Showcase: Early-Mid April - Location TBD
End of Year Playoffs/Showcase: At the end of the year - June/July

Thanks for the info...looking at the schedule, besides December there is no off time :(; but it states, "three showcases AND post season playoffs." Where did you find the info for the Spring Showcase?

Thanks for the info...looking at the schedule, besides December there is no off time :(; but it states, "three showcases AND post season playoffs." Where did you find the info for the Spring Showcase?

There are no regular season games for two months, from late November to late January. There are also no regular games for another month, from about mid March to mid April. I don't know when the showcases will be held.

Back