2016-17 D1 Women's soccer thread!!!

Signature road win for State! 1st place in the ACC! Go Pack!

Last edited:
Congratulations

NC State 1 - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill 0

Congratulations CaliKlines, eat a pickle haters.

Pepperdine peppering UCLA 7-2 shots in the first half no score.

Okay coach. Happy a little? His daughter plays for Legends right? Let's see what happens down the road.

Okay coach. Happy a little? His daughter plays for Legends right? Let's see what happens down the road.
Hey MAP, what was the score of the UCLA game vs. North Carolina about a week ago?

And you know what they say...every Wolf has their day!

Last edited:
Hey MAP, what was the score of the UCLA game vs. North Carolina about a week ago?

Are we comparing NC State and UCLA? We both know where that will lead. Anybody who actually watched the game between UNC and NC State and UNC and UCLA can see the difference in quality between all three of those teams. We all know that the score of a soccer game doesn't always tell the story. Why don't you pull up a replay and tell me what you think. At the end of the day we can rehash this conversation at the end of the season and see how your position changes. No worries I will put the PAC 12 teams up against the ACC teams athletically and academically any day.

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. UCLA has arguably the toughest NCAA schedule and with 2 loses is still ranked in the top 15. NC State won their 1st conference game going on 3 years and 1st win vs UNC in 15 years.....and the pom poms are coming out, :rolleyes:. Now wave them proudly after knowing the UNC win wasn't an anomaly with follow up conference wins against, UVA, Duke, FSU, ND, BC and Va Tech.

IMG_1862.PNG

Last edited:
Are we comparing NC State and UCLA? We both know where that will lead. Anybody who actually watched the game between UNC and NC State and UNC and UCLA can see the difference in quality between all three of those teams. We all know that the score of a soccer game doesn't always tell the story. Why don't you pull up a replay and tell me what you think. At the end of the day we can rehash this conversation at the end of the season and see how your position changes. No worries I will put the PAC 12 teams up against the ACC teams athletically and academically any day.

People living in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. UCLA has arguably the toughest NCAA schedule and with 2 loses is still ranked in the top 15. NC State won their 1st conference game going on 3 years and 1st win vs UNC in 15 years.....and the pom poms are coming out, :rolleyes:. Now wave them proudly after knowing the UNC win wasn't an anomaly with follow up conference wins against, UVA, Duke, FSU, ND, BC and Va Tech.

View attachment 134

Geez Louise...you guys really need to take some Xanax. A traditionally underperforming team takes out a traditionally good team, and it upsets your whole world. I wasn't saying anything about the rest of the season, or the past...I was just thrilled that one of my favorite teams won. In the previous forum, you chose to admonish the Wolfpack, my daughter's school of choice. Now that they have a little success, you are quick to put them down once again. It is very difficult to go from the bottom of the table to the top, especially in the ACC. When you're bad, you have to get to good before you can get to great. Just as UCLA has a tough schedule, so does NC State. Of the 10 best teams in the country, 4 play in the ACC. How many are in the Pac12? 1. So why not let the Wolfpack ladies (and their recruits) enjoy some success...because it is a very long and arduous road to get over .500 in one of the toughest conferences in the country. You were the ones saying that it was unlikely the coach wouldn't be there when my daughter arrived.

It will be a successful season if they can pick off one or two more of their remaining conference games. Many of their key performers are freshman, along with their 2 German imports. We are just hoping for a better season than last year (already has happened), and then continual improvement in 2017. We'll see.

Geez Louise...you guys really need to take some Xanax. A traditionally underperforming team takes out a traditionally good team, and it upsets your whole world. I wasn't saying anything about the rest of the season, or the past...I was just thrilled that one of my favorite teams won. In the previous forum, you chose to admonish the Wolfpack, my daughter's school of choice. Now that they have a little success, you are quick to put them down once again. It is very difficult to go from the bottom of the table to the top, especially in the ACC. When you're bad, you have to get to good before you can get to great. Just as UCLA has a tough schedule, so does NC State. Of the 10 best teams in the country, 4 play in the ACC. How many are in the Pac12? 1. So why not let the Wolfpack ladies (and their recruits) enjoy some success...because it is a very long and arduous road to get over .500 in one of the toughest conferences in the country. You were the ones saying that it was unlikely the coach wouldn't be there when my daughter arrived.

It will be a successful season if they can pick off one or two more of their remaining conference games. Many of their key performers are freshman, along with their 2 German imports. We are just hoping for a better season than last year (already has happened), and then continual improvement in 2017. We'll see.

Cali don't get all bent out of shape because I returned fire. You know how it goes shoot a barrage and prepare for return fire. I hope that NC State is on the upswing. At the end of the day it will only elevate play around the country for women and that I am all for.

Now regarding the top 10 teams. By my count 4 are in the ACC but 3 are also in the Pac 12. At the end of the day the only ranking that matter is academics and short of the Ivy League no league has the chops that the Pac 12 has. I know one of the starters on NC State and she is a very good player.

Good luck to your daughter. I would aim your salvos a little lower than me unless you are prepared for return fire and possibly some shrapnel with collateral damage.

Now regarding the top 10 teams. By my count 4 are in the ACC but 3 are also in the Pac 12. At the end of the day the only ranking that matter is academics and short of the Ivy League no league has the chops that the Pac 12 has. I know one of the starters on NC State and she is a very good player.

OK then, fire in the hole....I know US News and World Reports rankings are not just an academic ranking. It is an overall ranking, and I am sure that you will disparage my findings by vilifying some aspect of their ranking criteria...however, they are objective. You and I are not.

Average ranking of Pac12 schools in the US News & World Report 2017 rankings: 81
Average ranking of ACC schools in the US News & World Report 2017 rankings: 55

Your statement that the Pac12 is only 2nd to the Ivy League is woefully incorrect. Take off the west coast sunglasses to see the truth.

Not enough? Money Magazine is another objective source: Average rank for a Pac12 institution, 147. Average for an ACC school, 143.

Lastly, my favorite college ranking site, http://colleges.startclass.com/, has the following average rankings...
Pac12: 197
ACC: 91

If you want to compare conferences, you are walking in quick sand carrying an anvil.

Back