2003 National Cup Round Two... Thoughts?

SWSC will probably continue to upset teams, I think this is the Dark Horse, where did they come from. Can't find any record of them.
IE surf, SDSC NAVY, Hawks , and Beach Demelo my final 4. Wont be surprised though if there are upsets. Some good 03 teams still left.

SWSC will probably continue to upset teams, I think this is the Dark Horse, where did they come from. Can't find any record of them.
IE surf, SDSC NAVY, Hawks , and Beach Demelo my final 4. Wont be surprised though if there are upsets. Some good 03 teams still left.

A friend's DD is on SWSC. The coach and about 70 percent of the players played at Notts last year. They have, I think he said, a center midfielder that is on the Mexico U18 National team that is very good. Friend also told me that most of the players actually benefited from playing high school soccer and playing as freshmen on the varsity teams against bigger, faster and more physical players.

A friend's DD is on SWSC. The coach and about 70 percent of the players played at Notts last year. They have, I think he said, a center midfielder that is on the Mexico U18 National team that is very good. Friend also told me that most of the players actually benefited from playing high school soccer and playing as freshmen on the varsity teams against bigger, faster and more physical players.

I agree with high school benefits you talked about. Throughout the 20-30 game hs season they play against many different players with different strengths. Reading the field, adjusting to a lightning fast forward by using angles and working smarter only helped my dd and her club teammates. My dd’s coach also coaches an older team they scrimmage with regularly that helps them as well.

7 of the 16 teams in that made the group of 16 are from San Diego.

Why can't we get together and play league instead of all the stupid driving in the fall?

7 of the 16 teams in that made the group of 16 are from San Diego.

Why can't we get together and play league instead of all the stupid driving in the fall?

5/8 played CRL. Most CRL games are played at Galway or SilverLakes, is it a field availability issue for sd teams or CRL is just based in a central area between LA and SD teams?

5/8 played CRL. Most CRL games are played at Galway or SilverLakes, is it a field availability issue for sd teams or CRL is just based in a central area between LA and SD teams?
If I had to choose between dirt parking lots, I definitely prefer Silver Lakes

CSL and SCDSL require San Diego teams to have a home field in Riverside or Orange County if the play teams from outside SD. CRL and SCNPL are more restrictive so I get it that they have to require some central play location. That might have something to do with making the administration easier, too. They also move the play sites around a little bit, I guess to try to make it more fair. Fall league has so many more teams in it that we should be able to keep it more regional.

Seriously, in addition to the 7 that made the 16, there are several other San Diego teams that can compete in a top-flight league. We could easily have an "SDDA F1-Gold" that would compare favorably with Coast and SCDSL's top flights. I have a feeling it has more to do with club/coach egos than anything else. Maybe some of the parents are into it, too. Real Madrid 03's and OVC 03's played up last year to stay local. Didn't hurt them too bad in National Cup.

I know it is what it is and nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head, but if the DOC's and Coaches aren't going to start the dialogue, maybe we can grass-roots this thing. I'm pretty sure we all know each-other through 1 or 2 degrees of separation!!

And how many of those 8 are DPL?
Legends is the last of the DPL/ Academy II teams left. I watched a little bit of their game before my DD’s game and they looked solid. Their game vs LA Galaxy SD went into overtime. Legends scored in the first overtime period to win it 2-1.

CSL and SCDSL require San Diego teams to have a home field in Riverside or Orange County if the play teams from outside SD. CRL and SCNPL are more restrictive so I get it that they have to require some central play location. That might have something to do with making the administration easier, too. They also move the play sites around a little bit, I guess to try to make it more fair. Fall league has so many more teams in it that we should be able to keep it more regional.

Seriously, in addition to the 7 that made the 16, there are several other San Diego teams that can compete in a top-flight league. We could easily have an "SDDA F1-Gold" that would compare favorably with Coast and SCDSL's top flights. I have a feeling it has more to do with club/coach egos than anything else. Maybe some of the parents are into it, too. Real Madrid 03's and OVC 03's played up last year to stay local. Didn't hurt them too bad in National Cup.

I know it is what it is and nobody is holding a gun to anyone's head, but if the DOC's and Coaches aren't going to start the dialogue, maybe we can grass-roots this thing. I'm pretty sure we all know each-other through 1 or 2 degrees of separation!!

Part of the problem would be that the geniuses at Presidio/SDDA denied SWSC into the league. Now SWSC has no choice but to play in CSL or SDSCL.

Back