Univ of Oregon womens coach abusive?

Jim Millinder at USF also retired prior to season starting. At least Robbie Church is retiring after the season.
Yeah, I saw that. Another one that makes you scratch your head. Robbie seems to be all class. Crozier at Cal Poly did it right. I'd be willing to bet UCSB isn't far behind.

It's just really odd to me Anson is leaving this week. Maybe they knew internally and kept it quiet? Not sure I buy that with his history.

Yeah, I saw that. Another one that makes you scratch your head. Robbie seems to be all class. Crozier at Cal Poly did it right. I'd be willing to bet UCSB isn't far behind.

It's just really odd to me Anson is leaving this week. Maybe they knew internally and kept it quiet? Not sure I buy that with his history.
Heard the same about RC from families who have play for him. PS at UCSB should. If we think about it UCSB should be a premier program and its not. AD leaving not surprised. Doing it now...hmmm.

Heard the same about RC from families who have play for him. PS at UCSB should. If we think about it UCSB should be a premier program and its not. AD leaving not surprised. Doing it now...hmmm.
80-90% of his team either transferred or went pro last season.

Odd timing for leaving through, I agree.
A agree on timing. Normally when annoucements comes this late they already have the assistant coach in place to take over. Plus this will/may secure your commits from decommitting.

So he bails the week they start playing matches? Did I miss something?

Could be something more to this

Weird timing for sure , but these tend to never be spur of moment things

No would have blamed him if he said this was his last season, and essentially had a farewell tour during every road game . He is the GOAT in college women soccer , and certainly part of the conversation of one of the best college coaches in any sport

I’ve always heard he was honest in recruiting , never really promised a player anything. You come to his program you will have to compete every single day . It takes a special type of player to play in that environment

I know of one particular player ( a friends sister ) , and this must have been 20 or some years ago . She was being recruited by essentially every other school in the country , but for whatever reason wasn’t in the YNT pool. She really wanted to go to UNC, Anson wanted her but told her I can’t give you any money , and I don’t think you’ll play as a freshman. She chose another school, because she really needed scholarship money , but he sounded like a straight shooter to me

Back