U.S. Soccer's financial woes

A farm team for what? What big club needs that talent? A farm team produces talent that can be traded or sold for a profit. Farm teams don't have subsidies they have development costs that are paid by the club itself not an outside entity. Is there another league beyond NWSL that they get moved up to that actually makes money so USSL can recoup that cost? The athletes are paid what the market will bear they are not under paid. That is like saying the MLS is under paid compared to the Premier league. They are paid based on their leagues ability to bring in money and make a profit. If the league is successful the players in it make more.
WNT is the big club that needs the talent. And they do make money.

USSF recoups the cost by selling WNT sponsorships, tickets, advertising rights, and jerseys.

If WNT starts losing, USSF sells a lot fewer jerseys. To them, it is worth an NSWL subsidy to make sure that doesn't happen.

Unless, of course, the current players succeed in getting most of the revenue. In that case, NWSL becomes a pure expense and there is no longer a reason to subsidize.

WNT is the big club that needs the talent. And they do make money.

USSF recoups the cost by selling WNT sponsorships, tickets, advertising rights, and jerseys.

If WNT starts losing, USSF sells a lot fewer jerseys. To them, it is worth an NSWL subsidy to make sure that doesn't happen.

Unless, of course, the current players succeed in getting most of the revenue. In that case, NWSL becomes a pure expense and there is no longer a reason to subsidize.
So are they going to pay the french and english leagues for employing Americans too? They are paying for the established players not the up and comers so you logic is flawed. The ones that need the help are not getting it. Most of the women getting the money have endorsement deals already its not like they are getting league minimum. They are padding the pockets of those making the most not helping to make sure those on the edge get a chance.

How much the WNT deserves is just a side show to the problems with US Soccer. US Soccer is a phenomenally poorly run organization. Its arrogance and incompetence are a deadly combination. Not going to rehash the evidence here, I've done so in an previous post from a year or so ago.

So are they going to pay the french and english leagues for employing Americans too? They are paying for the established players not the up and comers so you logic is flawed. The ones that need the help are not getting it. Most of the women getting the money have endorsement deals already its not like they are getting league minimum. They are padding the pockets of those making the most not helping to make sure those on the edge get a chance.
That whole argument could apply to AAA baseball players, too. A few stars make real money. The up and coming players get peanuts and permission to dream of being a star.

I am not defending it. But it is a fair description of the relationship between WNT and NWSL.

By subsidy, I mean that USSF is interested in helping NWSL as a league, not as players.

Here is the reality that you don't live in - I've never defended the actions of those idiots who went into the Capitol building. You can say it over and over, but it doesn't make it true.. It's what makes you the laughing stock of this place. Even if you start to chant it, it won't make it true.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your day, where ever that may have been.

Voting magat but pretending you don’t support the most egregious behavior of those for whom you vote might make you feel better about yourself, but it still makes you a magat.

That whole argument could apply to AAA baseball players, too. A few stars make real money. The up and coming players get peanuts and permission to dream of being a star.

I am not defending it. But it is a fair description of the relationship between WNT and NWSL.

By subsidy, I mean that USSF is interested in helping NWSL as a league, not as players.
minor leagues only serve to get 1-3 players ready for the big league the rest are just there so they can field a team to develop.

That is why I think this whole lawsuit is a crock. You have the richest players in the USWNT crying foul when they have all the advantages. They picked the guaranteed money and now realize they could have made more if they picked what was behind door number 3 and chose to go with the same deal the men were given but declined. They made a bad choice and now are crying sexism to try to rescind a bad decision they made. They realize the NWSL doesn't have money as the product they deliver will not generate the revenue required so they go after USSF hoping the govt intervenes as a business could never do that. Such a farce.

Ok, I'll bite...I recognize that you always have a quick trigger finger with the epithets, but please explain how it is homophobic to recognize that one of, if not the most important target audience for USWNT are LGBTQ fans? I've read research papers focusing on which fan groups spend the most money, go to games, support advertisers, etc. They are a leading demo (same for NWSL). That's not a bad thing. Actually, it's a good thing. But a reader with derogatory leanings always assumes otherwise.
its not he just can't get past his bigoted ways

Of course now you’re back paddling from your original homophobic statement that the WNT’s primary demographic audience is LGBTQ women not girls. That’s just an insupportable bs lie fueled by hysteria. Simply because the WNT (and the MNT for that matter) support equal rights hardly means that is their primary demographic.

How exactly did you reach your conclusion anyway? It wasn’t actually data or any real research of any kind. If you’d done that, you’d realize that LGBTQ viewership of the WWC final would be about 35% of viewership - if every single one in the U.S. watched the game. You’d also know that it was about 60% male viewership, 78% were in married households and 68% were in households with children. The fake reports that you fake saw are not a substitute for actual data.

I think your thought process for your ridiculously false statement was that some lesbians play on the team, so therefore this must be a draw to lesbians and offputting to little girls.

I think you mean backpedal not "back paddle", homotroglodyte. And no, I don't have my oars out. Little girls are not buying Volkswagens. And, they likely don't even know which players are gay.

Educate yourself a bit more:

I think you mean backpedal not "back paddle", homotroglodyte. And no, I don't have my oars out. Little girls are not buying Volkswagens. And, they likely don't even know which players are gay.

Educate yourself a bit more:

Gosh, some gay women watch women’s soccer, so therefore they constitute the majority of viewers and little girls don’t watch it. I get it that you don’t like being exposed as wrong, but really? You’re going to double down on your homophobia?

We can go back and forth about who is a bigot and who hates lesbians but my issue with this article is more about the millions of dollars wasted on the GDA and all of the YNT events all over the world during the past 3 years. For the YNT, Poor coaching, poor selection with some of the call-ups and overall poor performance. Please don't cite the amazing scores at the Concacaf with 13 and 14 years olds. USA played against small, 3rd world countries in the concacaf that have few resources and limited population to choose from so I wouldn't brag about beating up Bermuda or Trinidad & Tobaggo on the pitch. I realize that is the WWC qualifier for the U17 and U20 WWC but don't brag about it because when you get to the WWC the performance wasn't so hot. Then all these coaches just walk away after traveling around the world living the dream and now no youth soccer development programs because there is no money left for it. They wasted quite a bit of money trying to destroy the ECNL and built a terrible product that failed miserably. And the coaches like Mark Carr, have no accountability for their poor performance. Now it seems as if he has moved back to the NCAA and is doing a terrible job there as well. We don't know what is happening with the remaining coaches (Tracey Kevins, Laura Harvey, Matt Potter) - what exactly are they doing right now? Are they still employed by US Soccer when there are no youth programs happening now? And then there is the issue of the legal fees - I don't believe the costs budgeted are just for the defense against the lawsuit from the WNT and their pay. What other legal battles are they having to fight that they have kept hidden that we know nothing about?

Back