U.S. Soccer's financial woes

They shouldn't get the same money as the men do. Womens sports across the table dont produce the same revenue as mens sports. Soccer is probably one of the best examples of this if you view it from a world revenue perspective.
Can you reconcile your position with this article?

Can you reconcile your position with this article?

No, sorry the economic side of the discussion is clearly evident around the globe. If I'm an investor, I want as much return as possible and womens soccer is not even close in that regard to mens soccer.

Woman bring the girls to play youth soccer and that is how the girls bring in the revenue bro. Think about it. The girls give up their prime youth so they can play club 4 days a week all year around and the parents spend over $15K+ a year. If their good girls, they can get a full time job in college with no pay. Money is being made in soccer Lavey, the girls are just at the bottom. They need a nice living wage to go pro.

Sorry, you need to think globally and the mens soccer around the world brings in billions and billions over and above women's soccer. Your example above could be described with a young male player to instead of female. The money numbers around the world tell the story.

Sorry, you need to think globally and the mens soccer around the world brings in billions and billions over and above women's soccer. Your example above could be described with a young male player to instead of female. The money numbers around the world tell the story.

While on a pure numbers volume you are currently correct, you also cannot deny the massive amount of growth and money pouring into the womens game. Some very smart, very rich people are recognizing the potential and to dismiss this out of hand is making a mistake.

While on a pure numbers volume you are currently correct, you also cannot deny the massive amount of growth and money pouring into the womens game. Some very smart, very rich people are recognizing the potential and to dismiss this out of hand is making a mistake.

Absolutely and that is why you see our players playing in Europe now in the women's top league there.

Taken from a news article

The men's World Cup currently generates more money, by far. For context, FIFA earned upwards of $6 billion from the 2018 men's World Cup. Meanwhile, the women's 2019 World Cup is estimated to earn FIFA about $131 million.

Taken from a news article

The men's World Cup currently generates more money, by far. For context, FIFA earned upwards of $6 billion from the 2018 men's World Cup. Meanwhile, the women's 2019 World Cup is estimated to earn FIFA about $131 million.

Yes, and the USMNT generated exactly $0 of it, whereas the WNT is responsible for the entire $131 million of it since it woukd not even exist but for the WNT.

I still can’t figure out how someone could be so stupid that they believe MNT players should make more money than the women because Ronaldo sells a lot of jerseys, other than there are a lot of brain-dead misogynistic trumpanzees out there.

Yes, and the USMNT generated exactly $0 of it, whereas the WNT is responsible for the entire $131 million of it since it woukd not even exist but for the WNT.

I still can’t figure out how someone could be so stupid that they believe MNT players should make more money than the women because Ronaldo sells a lot of jerseys, other than there are a lot of brain-dead misogynistic trumpanzees out there.

Oh, and tv viewership in the US was 22% higher than the last men’s world cup final. The idea that the MNT generates more of anything in the US compared to the WNT is a joke.

No, sorry the economic side of the discussion is clearly evident around the globe. If I'm an investor, I want as much return as possible and womens soccer is not even close in that regard to mens soccer.

Give up this “If I’m am investor” nonsense. You aren’t an investor. You have no idea how to invest. You’re barely getting by. You also thinks the MNT has value because Lionel Messi sells jerseys, which means you’re an idiot.

To some extent, the female players make less because there is not much competition for their talent. WNT is the real money, and it is a monopoly.

MU can't continually underpay. Players would leave and they would lose games and lose fans.

NWSL can underpay, especially for any player who wants to be considered for WNT.

B.S. homophobe.
Ok, I'll bite...I recognize that you always have a quick trigger finger with the epithets, but please explain how it is homophobic to recognize that one of, if not the most important target audience for USWNT are LGBTQ fans? I've read research papers focusing on which fan groups spend the most money, go to games, support advertisers, etc. They are a leading demo (same for NWSL). That's not a bad thing. Actually, it's a good thing. But a reader with derogatory leanings always assumes otherwise.

Ha, we agree that the MNT needs to improve. Doesn't change my opinion that your hate for America runs deep.

You have it backwards. You defend the magat party, which tried to overthrow the U.S. government. You’re the only one of the two of us who hates America.

Ok, I'll bite...I recognize that you always have a quick trigger finger with the epithets, but please explain how it is homophobic to recognize that one of, if not the most important target audience for USWNT are LGBTQ fans? I've read research papers focusing on which fan groups spend the most money, go to games, support advertisers, etc. They are a leading demo (same for NWSL). That's not a bad thing. Actually, it's a good thing. But a reader with derogatory leanings always assumes otherwise.

Of course now you’re back paddling from your original homophobic statement that the WNT’s primary demographic audience is LGBTQ women not girls. That’s just an insupportable bs lie fueled by hysteria. Simply because the WNT (and the MNT for that matter) support equal rights hardly means that is their primary demographic.

How exactly did you reach your conclusion anyway? It wasn’t actually data or any real research of any kind. If you’d done that, you’d realize that LGBTQ viewership of the WWC final would be about 35% of viewership - if every single one in the U.S. watched the game. You’d also know that it was about 60% male viewership, 78% were in married households and 68% were in households with children. The fake reports that you fake saw are not a substitute for actual data.

I think your thought process for your ridiculously false statement was that some lesbians play on the team, so therefore this must be a draw to lesbians and offputting to little girls.

You have it backwards. You defend the magat party, which tried to overthrow the U.S. government. You’re the only one of the two of us who hates America.
Here is the reality that you don't live in - I've never defended the actions of those idiots who went into the Capitol building. You can say it over and over, but it doesn't make it true.. It's what makes you the laughing stock of this place. Even if you start to chant it, it won't make it true.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed your day, where ever that may have been.

Of course now you’re back paddling from your original homophobic statement that the WNT’s primary demographic audience is LGBTQ women not girls. That’s just an insupportable bs lie fueled by hysteria. Simply because the WNT (and the MNT for that matter) support equal rights hardly means that is their primary demographic.

How exactly did you reach your conclusion anyway? It wasn’t actually data or any real research of any kind. If you’d done that, you’d realize that LGBTQ viewership of the WWC final would be about 35% of viewership - if every single one in the U.S. watched the game. You’d also know that it was about 60% male viewership, 78% were in married households and 68% were in households with children. The fake reports that you fake saw are not a substitute for actual data.

I think your thought process for your ridiculously false statement was that some lesbians play on the team, so therefore this must be a draw to lesbians and offputting to little girls.
Kinda like your "research" that came to the same conclusion that youth sports are super spreader events and that kids are killing grandparents at a record rate.

The USSF subsidizes NWSL for the same reason that any other sports business invests in their farm teams. They can’t stand on their own, but the big club needs the talent.

If you like the minor league clubs or NWSL, be happy for the subsidy. Both groups of athletes are ridiculously underpaid, so any pennies that flow that way are a good thing.
A farm team for what? What big club needs that talent? A farm team produces talent that can be traded or sold for a profit. Farm teams don't have subsidies they have development costs that are paid by the club itself not an outside entity. Is there another league beyond NWSL that they get moved up to that actually makes money so USSL can recoup that cost? The athletes are paid what the market will bear they are not under paid. That is like saying the MLS is under paid compared to the Premier league. They are paid based on their leagues ability to bring in money and make a profit. If the league is successful the players in it make more.

Back