Today in Fascism

Gavin Newsom Takes the Bait (hook, line and sinker). Signs Order Declaring California Agencies Use the Term ‘Artificial Intelligence’. Gavin is so fake, artificial and plastic, it's no wonder he has to make "AI" the offical name in California. This guy is something else.​


1790862523207.png
 
I once had a Trump supporter accuse me of having "TDS" — Trump Derangement Syndrome. Though that's nothing new, I get that accusation practically every day, usually in response to facts they can't defend.

This time, I actually responded by first laughing at their accusation because, as we all know, when MAGA resorts to using the "TDS" attack, that means they haven't just lost the argument — they're not even attempting to engage with it.

Then I went on to explain to them that I actually would love to never talk about, think about, or see Trump again. The sooner he's gone, the better. If I had one of those flashing things from the Men in Black movies that could wipe my entire memory of the existence of Trump, I would happily sign up to flash that lowlife piece of trash out of my memory, as long as it erased all the damage he's done to this country.

That's what they don't get: we all want him gone. None of us want to talk about him, see him, have to listen to him spout lies, or watch these Republicans make fools of themselves defending him.

We're just forced to because he demands it. Everything in this government, because it's controlled by Republicans, goes through him. The FBI, the Fed, the DOJ — institutions that used to be independent of the presidency — have all been corrupted by him and his demand to control everything.

A question I always ask Trump supporters who use the "TDS" deflection is: Can you tell me one other Republican in government right now who has any power over what's going on in this country that I should also be focused on?

They can't name anyone because there isn't anybody.

But make no mistake about it, I loathe Trump being the headline every day. I can't stand looking at him, reading his asinine comments, or seeing him any time I try to watch any kind of news.

He even interjects himself into sports constantly, to the point where that's not even a safe haven from this president.

I cannot wait until he's gone.

But here's the thing: the person who has "TDS" more than anyone is Trump.

He's the one who put his face all over banners covering government buildings. He's the one who allowed a tacky gold statue of himself to be erected at his golf course. He's the one who's putting his face on passports. He's the one who wants his name on our currency (the first president to ever do that). He's the one who named his medical website after himself. He's the one who named the savings accounts for newborns after himself. He's the one who wants to name the ballroom after himself. He's the one who wants to name the arch after himself. He's the one who is threatening to tear down the Kennedy Memorial Center if they don't allow him to put his name on the building. He's the one who tried to get Penn Station and Dulles Airport renamed after him. He's the one who wants his face and name on coins.

You want to talk about deranged? That's deranged.

Again, we would love for him to be gone. But he's the one who demands that we all stay focused on him with his nonstop attention-seeking insecurities, his dictator-like control, and the unbelievable corruption we're all witnessing that's so blatant it's honestly stunning that it's being allowed to happen, even by these sycophants.

If he would resign today and promise to go away and never be heard from again, sign me up. I'll help him pack.

But he's not going to do that.

So, unfortunately, until his time runs out as president, which can't come soon enough, and Trump decides to stop making himself the top headline every single day — which he's going to make sure he does even after he leaves office — folks like myself who cover, write about, and discuss politics will be forced to endure giving way too much attention to one of the worst human beings who's ever lived.

And that's not "TDS." That's just what he demands because, like the pathetically weak, unhinged narcissist he is, he cannot fathom anyone else getting more attention than he does.
 
The MAGA world is turning on one of its own. Pro-Trump, far-right influencers attacked Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders of Arkansas after she posted an ad promoting her state’s work requirements for Medicaid recipients featuring a white man. Critics demanded that Sanders take down the ad, issue an apology and fire the staffers who helped produce the TV spot, accusing her of engaging in “anti-white racism” and giving a false impression about the demographics of welfare recipients. Yet enrollees of Arkansas’ Medicaid expansion are overwhelmingly white, according to an analysis of data. Read more: https://nyti.ms/4yAVfRq
 
Lady Gaga was raped and left pregnant by an unnamed music producer when she was only 19.

For years, she never talked about it.

Then, in 2014, she did.

Shortly after, she got a call from the Vice President of the United States, Joe Biden.

He wanted her to be part of his “It’s On Us” campaign — a nationwide effort to reduce the stigma around speaking out about sexual assault.

Together, the two traveled to college campuses across America.

I miss having leaders who called out SA — and didn’t commit it ❤️‍🩹

IMG_9957.jpeg
 
Back
Top