The Inevitable New The Inevitable Trump Mocking Thread

Will the “Beatles” soon come to the US for their really final farewell tour? According to The Telegraph, the UK has asked the US to take over prosecution of two ISIS terrorists with British citizenship allegedly involved in the torture and decapitation of several journalists, including Brits and Americans. They’d like to see them get the death penalty, a sentence not possible in the UK — and normally a bar to extradition to, and cooperation with, the US:

Britain has secretly abandoned its blanket opposition to the death penalty and Guantanamo Bay to allow two notorious members of the “Beatles” group of Isil terrorists to be sent to America, The Telegraph can reveal.

Documents seen by this newspaper reveal that the UK Government has agreed to hand over intelligence to help prosecute the captured jihadists Alexanda Kotey and Shafee El-Sheikh, who both held British citizenship, in the US courts.

In a letter sent by Sajid Javid to Jeff Sessions, the US Attorney General, the Home Secretary says that Britain will demand no “assurances” that the pair will not be executed in America.

Does that mean you purposely ignore reality in lieu of the safe space of the make believe world of nutter lies and fiction?
Satellite images show North Korea has begun dismantling key test site

By Zachary Cohen, CNN
Updated 7:28 PM ET, Mon July 23, 2018

Washington (CNN)New images published Monday by the prominent monitoring group 38 North indicate North Korea has begun dismantling key facilities at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station -- a move analysts say represents "an important first step towards fulfilling a commitment" made by Kim Jong Un during his summit with President Donald Trump in Singapore.

An analysis of the commercial satellite imagery captured between July 20 and July 22 shows that North Korea has started disassembling parts of its main satellite launch station -- a site that is believed to have played an important role in the development of Pyongyang's intercontinental ballistic missile program.

"Since these facilities are believed to have played an important role in the development of technologies for the North's intercontinental ballistic missile program, these efforts represent a significant confidence-building measure on the part of North Korea," according to 38 North's Joseph Bermudez Jr.
"Most notably, these include the rail-mounted processing building -- where space launch vehicles are assembled before moving them to the launchpad -- and the nearby rocket engine test stand used to develop liquid-fuel engines for ballistic missiles and space launch vehicles."

Both Trump and his secretary of state, Mike Pompeo, have been urging patience since the President held a historic summit with Kim in Singapore last month but the President has privately expressed frustration over the perceived lack of progress in talks, a US official told CNN.

entire article:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/23/politics/north-korea-satellite-images-38-north-sohae/index.html

:cool:

It's interesting how much the Christian Conservative Coalition has changed since the Pat Buchanan years.

Big picture, I question how hitching their wagon to Trump plays out for the evangelicals? As your cartoon points out, the hypocrisy is out there flapping in the wind like a flag for everyone to see.

I thought the Mormon Church on the other hand improved their stock. They seem to have been rather deft at holding onto their principles in the time of Trump. Even compared to the Southern Baptists which is something like 50% African American- the Mormon's were the only Christian denomination really willing to confront the President when push came to shove.

Last edited:
It's interesting how much the Christian Conservative Coalition has changed since the Pat Buchanan years.

Big picture, I question how hitching their wagon to Trump plays out for the evangelicals? As your cartoon points out, the hypocrisy is out there flapping in the wind like a flag for everyone to see.

I thought the Mormon Church on the other hand improved their stock. They seem to have been rather deft at holding onto their principles in the time of Trump. Even compared to the Southern Baptists which is something like 50% African American- the Mormon's were the only Christian denomination really willing to confront the President when push came to shove.

I have had Mormon neighbors, friends, and coworkers all my adult life. In my view, religion has two big components - the mystical and the cultural. I don't buy much of the mystical part of Mormonism, but I admire their cultural achievements.

. . . and they wonder why church attendance has been down. Hypocrisy, lies and deflection can only carry on for so long until reality catches up, it's a cycle . . . the next rinse is coming.

Congressional Republicans are expressing deep skepticism of Trump administration's plan to bail out farms hit by tariffs, saying farmers want free trade, not handouts.

Agricultural Committee Chairman Pat Roberts, R-Kan., said "they would much prefer trade, rather than aid."

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse of Nebraska said Trump's trade war "is cutting the legs out from under farmers and White House's 'plan' is to spend $12 billion on gold crutches."

Senators said the aid package could help short-term, but they're worried about losing long-term access to export markets. "When the tariff war is over... how do we get those markets back?" asked Sen. Jerry Moran, R-Kan.

Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said "instead of offering welfare to farmers" to solve a problem the administration created, it "should reverse course and end this incoherent policy."

Now just watch the spinning spiral very closely ... very closely ...

You are feeling sleepy - go on down - go on down --

"What you are seeing and what you are reading is not what’s happening."

Back