Surf Cup 2016

Predictions for group winners:

Surf
Solar
Eagles
Blues
Group A:
Surf has the inside track, De Anza should be fun to watch as well.

Group B:
Group B is legit, I think Strikers might have the slight edge.

Group C:
Guadalajara should be an interesting squad, their application had a ton of GotSoccer points, wonder if they inherited their older squads team number?

Group D:
Galaxy and Blues.

B is definitely the toughest group -- I could see 3 of the 4 teams coming out on top, although from what I've heard from others it sounds like Solar may have the edge. I would expect Surf to win A and Blues to win D. Not sure about C -- I'm curious to see how the new Albion team looks and how Eagles respond to the loss of their center mid.

B is definitely the toughest group -- I could see 3 of the 4 teams coming out on top, although from what I've heard from others it sounds like Solar may have the edge. I would expect Surf to win A and Blues to win D. Not sure about C -- I'm curious to see how the new Albion team looks and how Eagles respond to the loss of their center mid.

I heard today from a source that most of the Solar kids from last season had defected to other clubs and most notably Dallas Sting.
With that news I will change my pick for Group B to Strikers.

I heard today from a source that most of the Solar kids from last season had defected to other clubs and most notably Dallas Sting.
With that news I will change my pick for Group B to Strikers.

Yes, 4 from the Solar Vegas team went to Sting, 1 was an 07(3 06s), and 1 06 went back to Solar. Really here nor there as the team in Vegas was 80% 06s. So this is a totally different team except 2 players. Solar is good, nearly all older 07s. Moves the ball well, could certainly challenge Strikers for 1st, just not sure how the Cali teams have changed since Vegas.

There were 2 Solar teams in SuperCopa... Solar Black, that beat Surf Hawaii in finals, was 100% 06 girls(old 07 girls), and mostly the team that was in Vegas. ( he added a couple more fall 06s to replace the 07s and the 2 Sting Black 06 defections). This team, plus a few older 06s, is playing in 06 group at Surf in bracket B.

SRSA, now called Solar Colvin, was also in Dallas SuperCopa. The played SuperCopa as pure 07 and is the team at Surf.

There were 2 Solar teams in SuperCopa... Solar Black, that beat Surf Hawaii in finals, was 100% 06 girls(old 07 girls), and mostly the team that was in Vegas. ( he added a couple more fall 06s to replace the 07s and the 2 Sting Black 06 defections). This team, plus a few older 06s, is playing in 06 group at Surf in bracket B.

SRSA, now called Solar Colvin, was also in Dallas SuperCopa. The played SuperCopa as pure 07 and is the team at Surf.
Holy smokes that's a really good team!
That's my pick to win that pool, although I haven't seen any of the California teams play, I mean no disrespect.

Holy smokes that's a really good team!
That's my pick to win that pool, although I haven't seen any of the California teams play, I mean no disrespect.

They're probably one of the 2 best 07 teams in NTX, but went down to a local group(say group because team was heavily guested) in SuperCopa 3-0, but that is only loss to an age pure 07 team, so they can't be overlooked. No clue and no prediction on who wins bracket, Cali teams are tough, and seems like B is a tough bracket.

They're probably one of the 2 best 07 teams in NTX, but went down to a local group(say group because team was heavily guested) in SuperCopa 3-0, but that is only loss to an age pure 07 team, so they can't be overlooked. No clue and no prediction on who wins bracket, Cali teams are tough, and seems like B is a tough bracket.
Was it the Dallas Texans team that won 3-0?
Yeah I heard they were lots of guest players

The standard rule to every story is that there are two sides to every story and the truth lies somewhere in between. With that said, someone with no dog in this race, the facts are as follows:
  1. The Dallas Texans team did in fact have three guests - if you consider 3 out of 12 or 13 players "lots of guest players" then I would say, welcome to soccer in NTX
    • To avoid any rebuttals, two of the Dallas Texans players had recently left the team (But played for them in the tournament) and joined a Sting team, however, in the Spring season Solar Chelsea 07G Colvin beat the said Dallas Texans team, 3-2, with the players who left. Therefore, one could infer that the 3 guest players were the differentiators and enabled the Dallas Texans to beat the Solar team.
  2. The parents on the Solar Chelsea 07G Colvin (Formerly SRSA 07 AP) believe and have stated that they have the "Best Players in NTX" and that their players are the most "Technical" in the DFW Metroplex
  3. The parents on the Solar Chelsea 07G Colvin team believe that, since they were playing in the Spring 06G Silver Division and beating every team and tied their 06G sister team, Solar Chelsea Black 06G Springate, in a scrimmage (who was ranked #4 in the DFW Metroplex prior to deciding not to qualify for the Lake Highlands Girls Classic League and only play in the newly formed Junior Development League), that they are in reality the #5 ranked team in the 06G division.
Now, based on the facts above, if the Solar Chelsea 07G Colvin team is so good, how can a team like the Dallas Texans AP 07 and Hawaii Surf 07 (Majority Traditional 07 / AP 06Gs) beat them? I will leave the answer up to you.

Overall, the Solar parent group, as well as both of their coaches, specifically Springate, loves to talk trash about 8 / 9 year old girls soccer, which in my opinion is quite sad and concerning. In reality, they should keep their mouths shut and focus on developing their players and accepting their losses as a gift as it is supposed to keep the girls and parents humble and aware that losing is part of life as well as development. But, in return, they typically have multiple excuses, from the other team had guests or the GK has tendonitis of the knee this week. C'mon Man!

Well, with Surf Cup 3 days away, the California teams and parents are going to be blessed and should feel honored to be able to witness the best 07G Soccer Team in NTX and, in their mind, the nation, play thier players and daughters. I would recommend to the California teams and parents, if given the opportunity, ensure your daughters and coaches take a photo with the Solar Chelsea 07G Colvin players and have them sign them, as they will be worth a lot of money when those players are playing for the USWNT in 9 or 10 years, because they are THAT GOOD!

Good Luck to all of the teams playing this weekend. Have Fun, Stay Safe and Enjoy the show!

Last edited:
Well, with Surf Cup 3 days away, the California teams and parents are going to be blessed and should feel honored to be able to witness the best 07G Soccer Team in NTX and, in their mind, the nation, play their players and daughters. I would also recommend to the California teams and parents, if given the opportunity, ensure your daughters and coaches take a photo with the Solar Chelsea 07G Colvin players and have them sign them, as they will be worth a lot of money when those players are playing for the USWNT in 9 or 10 years, because they are THAT GOOD!

Just trying to figure out of the implied sarcasm continues from the first sentence and runs into the second one. Regardless, good info -- thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing some new teams this weekend!

The Hawaii team plays good soccer, but let's see how they due with all true age 07s.
For all Hawaii teams Surf Cup will be either their 1st or 2nd tournament as a true age team.
There for chemistry will need to happen quickly!
All in all good luck Hawaii 07S

Who has guests for this weekend's showdown?
Heard Surf Hawaii had it taken to them today by Strikers.

Last edited:
Back