Olympics

Duplantis in the pole vault was unreal. On his 3rd attempt he breaks the world record, clutch.

Duplantis in the pole vault was unreal. On his 3rd attempt he breaks the world record, clutch.
I thought he could do it when he wanted, i.e. he milked the moment ... and given he was always going to win. He is so far ahead of everyone in that event.

I thought he could do it when he wanted, i.e. he milked the moment ... and given he was always going to win. He is so far ahead of everyone in that event.
He milked the spotlight (which he earned), but if he intentionally missed his first two attempts, then he is the ultimate showman.

IDK about the gold grill, but damn that was a crazy 400m run. Coming off the turn I wasn't even sure he'd finish the race.

These Olympics are going to go down as one of the greatest in track and field, especially for the US.

He milked the spotlight (which he earned), but if he intentionally missed his first two attempts, then he is the ultimate showman.
For sure, and he is a complete showman. They showed the clearance from the OR, which he knocked out just so he could have the OR, and that could have been a WR. Given he has zero competition, he's playing for himself and to entertain the crowd, which he does brilliantly.

Rook was unbelievable in the 3000M Steeple. It was unreal going as he did with 400M to go and he completely stunned the field. I think the commentator said it was 9 sec better than his PB - NCAA champ last year and silver medalist today.

Rook was unbelievable in the 3000M Steeple. It was unreal going as he did with 400M to go and he completely stunned the field. I think the commentator said it was 9 sec better than his PB - NCAA champ last year and silver medalist today.
I've been impressed with the strategic running by a lot of the athletes. Fun to watch.

I've heard it mentioned by a lot of track athletes that its the ability to push through the pain. Watching Hocker run in the 1500 you don't look at the guy as being particularly graceful, but he gutted it out. Hall in the 400, WTF was that?

Back