Olympics

Who is stoked for the Olympics and what sports are you looking most forward to? I will watch just about anything, but I'm most looking forward to Track and Field, BMX Race, Park skating and swimming. I'm an Olympics superfan and attended LA '84 and SLC '02. It's an amazing experience to attend in person and socialize with people from all over the world. It's almost like a giant peace event (until some idiots try to ruin it with political protest)

I'm just hoping that NBC doesn't screw it up and shows as many live events as possible.

Who is stoked for the Olympics and what sports are you looking most forward to? I will watch just about anything, but I'm most looking forward to Track and Field, BMX Race, Park skating and swimming. I'm an Olympics superfan and attended LA '84 and SLC '02. It's an amazing experience to attend in person and socialize with people from all over the world. It's almost like a giant peace event (until some idiots try to ruin it with political protest)

I'm just hoping that NBC doesn't screw it up and shows as many live events as possible.
Never thought I'd say it but I'm actually burned out on soccer. Swimming is always good... as is the track & field.

Never thought I'd say it but I'm actually burned out on soccer.
I'm the same, but it could just be any long form sports on TV. I don't have the time or the patience, or possibly just the attention span. I still love live sports when my kids are involved. The cool part of the Olympics is its the one chance for some athletes to be in the spotlight, some of which have trained harder and are more committed than athletes in the big 3 sports. I couldn't care less about USA men's basketball.

I'm looking forward to it. I've already been enjoying the Rugby 7s. I did catch some of the Spain/Germany/US games yesterday, USWNT game vs Germany on Sunday should be really good.

Hopefully coverage on Peacock continues as is, not impressed last time, along with any/all NBC's coverage. I really couldn't give a shit about all the human interest back stories, I want to watch the sports.

I'll never watch another opening ceremony on NBC after the 2012 coverage which literally screwed up the entire thing - my wife watched it the next day on the BBC after being told by friends in the UK how fantastic it was and how the whole story came together - she was baffled (having watched on NBC), and then amazed after watching it in its entirety.

Well....l watched a lot of the opening ceremonies. I liked the concept, but the execution was lacking and the rain didn't help. Kelly Clarkson was annoying.

It looks like most of the sports are being covered live. I watched a little women's Judo at 1am, even though I have no clue what's going on.

Well....l watched a lot of the opening ceremonies. I liked the concept, but the execution was lacking and the rain didn't help. Kelly Clarkson was annoying.

It looks like most of the sports are being covered live. I watched a little women's Judo at 1am, even though I have no clue what's going on.
I was trying to figure out how they got that finish on the piano until I realized it was raindrops.

What concept did you like?

I slept in late, then went to the toilet (slowed because of reading Linda Ronstadt's new book), and watered the plants (with AC condensate), so by the time I got the TV on the correct channel it was 108' in the USA/Japan women soccer game in the Paris Olympics. Just in time for Trinity Rodman's goal!

I am woman, hear me roar --

Politics are for the Kitchen. Let's keep this to the competitions.

Some cool results for the US, like the women's team fencing (foil). Feel bad for the pre-qualifying 100m runners that get DQ'd for a false start. They probably weren't going to qualify for 1st round, but sad they don't even get a chance to run and represent their country,

BMX racing yesterday was awesome despite lack of results from the US. Wild that my son use to gate up in practice with some of the BMX athletes...training right beside them.

Politics are for the Kitchen. Let's keep this to the competitions.

Some cool results for the US, like the women's team fencing (foil). Feel bad for the pre-qualifying 100m runners that get DQ'd for a false start. They probably weren't going to qualify for 1st round, but sad they don't even get a chance to run and represent their country,

BMX racing yesterday was awesome despite lack of results from the US. Wild that my son use to gate up in practice with some of the BMX athletes...training right beside them.
My mama always told me about her deep held beliefs in the kitchen as I learned how to cook. She told me everything, the real Bette and It was the kitchen where I got to know my mama. USA is leading in the overall medal chase but I want to win more Gold. You can have the bronze or silvers. Gold or bust!!!

Trinity Rodman points of discussion --

-I often type "Tiffany Rodman" and have to edit a correction
-she is not naturally ambipedal but deliberately worked to improve her left (e.g. goal against Japan)
-her hair!
-her Mom (Michelle Moyer)
1722775930561.png

That was a crazy 100m final for the men. IDK how Lyles gets such a bad start and still wins. His torso crossed first but his feet second.

Back