How's that Elite 64 League going?

Code

SILVER ELITE
For those of you playing in the E64 League this year, how is it going? Fall play is wrapping up with most teams having one or two more games, and then maybe some Thanksgiving week play. Just curious if anyone could give some feedback compairing their teams experience between whatever league they played in perviously to the E64 match-ups, fields, organization, communication, etc.. The few people we know who are playing in E64 are all from the same club, different teams and genders, but in general they are not happy. Wondering if other clubs are having a different experience?

For those of you playing in the E64 League this year, how is it going? Fall play is wrapping up with most teams having one or two more games, and then maybe some Thanksgiving week play. Just curious if anyone could give some feedback compairing their teams experience between whatever league they played in perviously to the E64 match-ups, fields, organization, communication, etc.. The few people we know who are playing in E64 are all from the same club, different teams and genders, but in general they are not happy. Wondering if other clubs are having a different experience?
I haven't talked to anyone but I looked online at the results for one U17 girls team and they have only played 3 games since September 1 and will only play 5 total for the fall season compared to my daughter's ECRL U17 team that has played 11 games and 13 for the fall season. I would be livid if I paid club fees for only 5 games over 3 months. Maybe I am missing something and they are playing elsewhere and it isn't shown on the website.

I haven't talked to anyone but I looked online at the results for one U17 girls team and they have only played 3 games since September 1 and will only play 5 total for the fall season compared to my daughter's ECRL U17 team that has played 11 games and 13 for the fall season. I would be livid if I paid club fees for only 5 games over 3 months. Maybe I am missing something and they are playing elsewhere and it isn't shown on the website.
This seems to be true for at least some of the brackets and the league also seems to be disbursed geographically which is a limitation on games. There have been anecdotal reports that to get the kids additional play time, some clubs are loaning players down levels to other teams.

This seems to be true for at least some of the brackets and the league also seems to be disbursed geographically which is a limitation on games. There have been anecdotal reports that to get the kids additional play time, some clubs are loaning players down levels to other teams.
Yep, we've ran into this problem in the NPL with teams "bring down" E64 players to play in the U19 age group. We just played one of those teams this past Sunday. We still won 3-0 so it really didn't matter, it's just ashamed that coaches and clubs need to "bend" the rules to try to get the wins. There's one coach here in the north bracket that got suspended for the rest of the season for moving players down to stack lower level teams. He told his parents that "he didn't know it was against the rules". Sure coach...sure...

Well, over 1K views and not a single input from anyone participating in the E64 League. I guess I'll take that as an answer to my query.

My DD plays on an E64 team. I would say things are going very well. They have played 7 games with 1 left to wrap up the fall season. All the games except one, have been against teams that matched up very well with them. Her team is at a club that will never be allowed into ECNL or GA, so for the options available them, this was a better choice than DPL or SOCAL flight 1/NPL. Went to a showcase in Austin a week ago. It was very well run and again, the games were generally evenly matched. As a league in Southern California, I would say it is well run and no complaints. I did get a chance to talk to parents from teams in other parts of the country and their experience did not seem to match ours, mostly due to lack of games, or a large variance in the quality of teams.

She has a great, friendly group of girls, parents that get along, and an excellent coach. All in all I would say it is going just fine.

My DD plays on an E64 team. I would say things are going very well. They have played 7 games with 1 left to wrap up the fall season. All the games except one, have been against teams that matched up very well with them. Her team is at a club that will never be allowed into ECNL or GA, so for the options available them, this was a better choice than DPL or SOCAL flight 1/NPL. Went to a showcase in Austin a week ago. It was very well run and again, the games were generally evenly matched. As a league in Southern California, I would say it is well run and no complaints. I did get a chance to talk to parents from teams in other parts of the country and their experience did not seem to match ours, mostly due to lack of games, or a large variance in the quality of teams.

She has a great, friendly group of girls, parents that get along, and an excellent coach. All in all I would say it is going just fine.
7-8 games is a little light in comparison to ecnl, mls, ea and coast for an elite league. Probably the outside acceptable limit so if others in other parts of the country are getting less then wow!

That's good to hear. Thank you for the feedback. I'm not a fan of the closed loop league system we have with the top teams, so I can completely understand finding an option that brings a quality match at appropriate level of play.

I have a u15 in it. It is more competitive than a scrimmage, but not as competitive as league. That's my conclusion. Think of the European leagues and their "League Cups" where teams up and down a country's pro set-up play each other. Think Eibar versus Bettis, Chelsea versus Luton Town, or the like. The lower level teams get geared up and compete hard, and the teams from higher leagues experiment with line-ups and play bench players who don't see a lot of minutes.

I like it.

It's OK (U13 Boys). We expected some startup difficulties, and weren't disappointed. Given ref and field shortages affecting everything, I'd say it went smoother than I thought. But I woulda been less happy if those were the only games we played.

I spoke to my U18 nephew from Illinois and asked him how E64 was going and his response was "I don't know what we're playing in these days...I don't care, it's stupid".

My friend child has been playing in the E64. Said about 50%-60% of the games are competitive but the travel is too much for the competition. They should look to add some better teams and regionalize more to add reduce travel.

My friend child has been playing in the E64. Said about 50%-60% of the games are competitive but the travel is too much for the competition. They should look to add some better teams and regionalize more to add reduce travel.

If they add more clubs then they will have to change the name to something else, or just keep changing the number. The Elite 127+ Platinum Academy or something. If they regionalize more, then they are basically recreating the local NPL or National League, but with the added cons that come with a closed Elite League. It has potential to be successful in areas that don't have a concentration of good local competition. It's going to be hard to sale to players/parents living in regions with a lot of options.

Any league that has ayso united is not elite. Thats the first mistake.
That’s not really fair at all. If you look at least locally on the boys side, with the Younger’s, they tend to do very well and several teams have gone far in the respective state cups. They have an advantage there due to the large recruiting base

the issue is they tend to level off because they don’t have a top tier (and reserve tier like ea ercl) so their best players have to go elsewhere to get college looks (and 1 maybe 3 teams next year in all of SoCal per age group in e64 isn’t going to cut it). And they can’t get a top tier team until they change the everyone plays philosophy because the top leagues all limit substitute numbers, not to mention giving up some of the control that ayso has jealously guarded.
If they add more clubs then they will have to change the name to something else, or just keep changing the number. The Elite 127+ Platinum Academy or something. If they regionalize more, then they are basically recreating the local NPL or National League, but with the added cons that come with a closed Elite League. It has potential to be successful in areas that don't have a concentration of good local competition. It's going to be hard to sale to players/parents living in regions with a lot of options.
The main thing driving this like the ayso United issue is that certain clubs have been locked out of the top tier levels of competition: mls next and ecnl so need somewhere to go.

I have a u15 in it. It is more competitive than a scrimmage, but not as competitive as league. That's my conclusion. Think of the European leagues and their "League Cups" where teams up and down a country's pro set-up play each other. Think Eibar versus Bettis, Chelsea versus Luton Town, or the like. The lower level teams get geared up and compete hard, and the teams from higher leagues experiment with line-ups and play bench players who don't see a lot of minutes.

I like it.

What league are you compairing it too? CSL, NPL, Flight 1???

Back