Games of the week....

Saturday, September 24 2016
Strikers FC U-14 vs Albion SC U-14

CANYON FC B02 KRAUSE vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY
CELTIC ACADEMY 1888 vs ALBION SC B02 ACADEMY

CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B02 Vargas vs Beach FC B02 Morataya
LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2002 Gold vs Pateadores - IER B 2002

LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2002 Elite vs West Coast FC B02 Wallace

Canyon F.C vs. TFA should be a good one. It should tell us if Canyon F. C. is really a top team in this age group or if they've just been having a good run lately.

They are a good team. They tied Golden State as well. From what my boy heard they were ahead on GS just like against us and had to come from behind in the second half to tie it up.

The Strikers had 3 starters that were sick and although they played some minutes, they were not playing with much energy.

Albion has a very big team and a very loud coach. They also seemed to not be playing with much energy. May be the bug had visited their team too.

Overall it was way too hot to play on turf, and I think that played a part in the poor play by both teams too.

The Strikers had 3 starters that were sick and although they played some minutes, they were not playing with much energy.

Albion has a very big team and a very loud coach. They also seemed to not be playing with much energy. May be the bug had visited their team too.

Overall it was way too hot to play on turf, and I think that played a part in the poor play by both teams too.
Yeah, its tough to keep everyone healthy. We have 2 starters out with major injuries and one that is having issues getting release papers from Mexico.

And I agree, way to hot to play on turf and no hydration breaks. It did seem to effect some of the boys.

Yeah, its tough to keep everyone healthy. We have 2 starters out with major injuries and one that is having issues getting release papers from Mexico.

And I agree, way to hot to play on turf and no hydration breaks. It did seem to effect some of the boys.

Chivas youth player?

Does ussda have water breaks? I haven't seen any yet and it was hot enough this past weekend.

All the other leagues , even the MLS Galaxy game yesterday had two breaks and those players have squeeze G bottle's they use on the sidelines all the time als0

Nice that water & poweraid is provided by the home teams and most setup canopies for both teams.

Chivas youth player?

Does ussda have water breaks? I haven't seen any yet and it was hot enough this past weekend.

All the other leagues , even the MLS Galaxy game yesterday had two breaks and those players have squeeze G bottle's they use on the sidelines all the time als0

Nice that water & poweraid is provided by the home teams and most setup canopies for both teams.

I'm sure that water breaks are allowed, just don't know whose call it is to allow the referees to give the players a break. I would imagine that the coaches of both teams can request it prior to the start of the game, if they believe that it is hot enough for the players. If it is entirely up to the refs, I would have to say that it will probably never be allowed. They seem to be more interested to go home than to stay around in the heat.

On that note, does anyone know if the roles of the head referee and ARs have changed? It seems like the ARs are either very un-involved in the game or they want to be too involved.

I remember the days that the head referee was able to over-ride the ARs if they were confident of the actions that took place on the field, or if they felt that stopping the play was not necessary due to the call of the AR.

Now-a-days, as soon as the AR raises the flag, it seems like the whistle blows and the head referee doesn't even discuss the call with the AR. I have seen too many of those calls lately that just don't make any sense to me. Do we have any referees on the forum that can shed some light on this?

Can't say I've noticed much difference in officiating in the da league over the years, really depends on the crew that day.

Saturday, October 1 2016

LA Galaxy U-14 vs FC Golden State U-14 will galaxy get a competitive close game or will they continue to blow up the scoreboard?

Pateadores - IER B 2002 vs West Coast FC B02 Wallace. Battle for the top spot in SCDSL

LAZERS SC - B02 vs CANYON FC B02 KRAUSE. Lazers surprising some will that continue?
FC GOLDEN STATE vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY. Good rivalry as always?

Can't say I've noticed much difference in officiating in the da league over the years, really depends on the crew that day.

Saturday, October 1 2016

LA Galaxy U-14 vs FC Golden State U-14 will galaxy get a competitive close game or will they continue to blow up the scoreboard?

Pateadores - IER B 2002 vs West Coast FC B02 Wallace. Battle for the top spot in SCDSL

LAZERS SC - B02 vs CANYON FC B02 KRAUSE. Lazers surprising some will that continue?
FC GOLDEN STATE vs TOTAL FUTBOL ACADEMY. Good rivalry as always?

My vote goes for Galaxy by 4 goals. The GSA has a couple of really good defenders, but don't think that would be enough to stop that runaway train. Galaxy is very fit and very skillful. This could be a very physical game, and wouldn't surprise me if a lot of yellows or reds are given out.

It's not always about being physical. If your tactical coach you look at the the 2 major defaults of the 2 forwards. They only have one foot to shoot. Second cut the threw ball out .make sure the keeper doesn't rebound the ball in the 18. Watch the crosses to the 2 players coming from the other side. And stretch field out to its max. Smart soccer is always the best way.

It's not always about being physical. If your tactical coach you look at the the 2 major defaults of the 2 forwards. They only have one foot to shoot. Second cut the threw ball out .make sure the keeper doesn't rebound the ball in the 18. Watch the crosses to the 2 players coming from the other side. And stretch field out to its max. Smart soccer is always the best way.

Agreed. Smart soccer is always the best. It is also easier played on paper than on the field. I was just referring to the emotions and competitiveness of the players on both sides. Of course there are always a couple of guys that have a nastier streak than others.

Back