Games of the week....

younothat

PREMIER
That time of year again to discuss the traditional weekly league games. I will try to highlight a couple of games in each league that might be interesting but please add your own, comment, opinion, etc

First up is the DA league: west u14 southwest-> starts 9/3 ends 6/3/2017
http://www.ussoccerda.com/sam/standings/regevent/index.php?containerId=MTYyNzU4NQ==&partialGames=1

SCDSL Flight 1 from 9/10-10/30 each team plays 10 games this age group with a chance for some playoff games?
http://www.scdslsoccer.com/schedules/Fall2016/82897882.html

CSL BOYS 2002 Premier
https://coastsoccer.us/web/coastsoccer/schedule?SEX=B&AGE=14&BRACKET=0P&YEAR=2016

9/3 DA West U14
Golden State U-14 vs Pateadores U-14
9/4: Real So Cal U-14 vs Santa Barbara Soccer Club U-14

9/10
CELTIC ACADEMY 1888 vs DOWNEY FC TITANS

9/11
ALBION SC B02 ACADEMY vs FC GOLDEN STATE

CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B02 Vargas vs LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2002 Gold
Strikers FC - South Coast B02 vs Strikers FC - South Bay B2002 Black

Last edited:
My Predictions this weekend:
9/3 DA West U14
Golden State U-14 (4) vs Pateadores U-14 (0)
9/4: Real So Cal U-14 (2) vs Santa Barbara Soccer Club U-14 (0)

Also remember United Cup is this weekend, which has a very unusual bracket setup for this age group. There's one group of four teams where the winner goes to the Final. And another two groups where there's a semi-final. I don't think I've ever seen a setup like this. Should be interesting to see how it all plays out. Rebels and TFA were my two favorites but they're going to cancel each other out in group play. But I think the tournament winner will probably be one of those two teams.

Golden State vs Pats was a good one, with GS coming back for the 3-2 decision. None of the others look close on the scoreline.

Some blow-outs: 11-0 Galaxy, 7-0 RSC :eek: both have fire power but this is DA so you would hope for more competitive games.

Sunday, September 11 2016:
San Diego Surf U-14 vs Real So Cal U-14

Any other games look interesting in CSL or SCDSL this first week for them?

Galaxy vs Pats will be a good one. That nomads team galaxy blew out wasn't a great team, so the galaxy vs pats u-14 will be good.

6-4 RSC over Surf, what a shoot out: 10 goals total :D

CANYON FC B02 KRAUSE 7-3 CELTIC ACADEMY 1888 . Like to hear about this one?

ALBION SC B02 ACADEMY 2-0 FC GOLDEN STATE

CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B02 Vargas 1-0 LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2002 Gold

Strikers FC - South Coast B02 1-1 Strikers FC - South Bay B2002 Black

I'd like to hear about the Canyon FC games as well. They had a good weekend where they beat both Albion and Celtic, and now sit atop of the standings.

Anybody have the 411 on that team and club?

I'd like to hear about the Canyon FC games as well. They had a good weekend where they beat both Albion and Celtic, and now sit atop of the standings.

Anybody have the 411 on that team and club?

During the '15/16 season the BU13 SE Krause/Smith team had a big center forward and another taller more technical player up there with him, saw them in State Cup. Since there are no Canyon FC boys 2003 teams in CSL this year, I assume that team combined with some of the players from '15/16 BU14 SE team. The game I watched them play in SC they played well, had a good style. That's my 2 centavos.

7 LA Galaxy U-14 1 Strikers FC U-14 blowout. Thought that one might be more competitive? The galaxy attack is wicked.

2 Strikers FC - South Bay B2002 Black 2 CDA Slammers FC - Cerritos B02 Vargas. That Strikers SB team might not be on anybody's radar but they seem to be able to step up and play well vs some quality teams.

Pateadores - IER B 2002 4-2 Strikers FC - South Coast B02
LA Galaxy South Bay Boys 2002 Gold 1-4 West Coast FC B02 Wallace

Both those teams continue to roll and will meet soon.

Galaxy's new addition up top with MC and VC are legit! I would love to see the the game against FCGS, I think they may be the only team that could keep it close.

Last edited:
Yeah that one is coming up soon on 10/1 at Stubhub.

ussda albion 2-2 LAUFA had a crazy finish; Albion went up 2-1 with minutes remaining only to see LAUFA equalize on the last play of the game (PK or Free Kick) according to what I was told.

A bit of controversy during those last minutes of play so if anybody has more info please share

That Galaxy team is good in every position. Very skilled players up and down the field. Never expected them to dominate the Strikers in that way. down 0-1 after 5 minutes, they seemed to turn it up a notch and just obliterate the Strikers. Nos. 48 and 37 are total game changers. IMO they can play up at least a year, if not 2, and still have a lot of success.

I can't see any team coming close to Galaxy as long as those 2 players are healthy and playing. they are playing with a lot of confidence and are in a league of their own. Hate to be watching a blow out, but can't help enjoy those 2 guys put on a show like that. Frankly, I would rather play against them week in and week out. I think that can benefit other teams significantly to play against a team with that many good/skilled players. Of course the down side of that would be that they can just destroy other kids' confidence so much that they may just give up on the game. For those great competitors, playing them would be a treat. Can't wait to see them again soon. hopefully with a little better result.

Back