Coaching Changes

I will agree change can be good but often it is realized over a period of time. For example, a few years back mun dd's coach was also the DOC of a small club in the area. A new President was elected and they essentially butted heads and come Nov. our coach resigned as DOC and the President dismissed him from the club all together, but didn't have a succession plan in place. It took 3 weeks to find a coach within the club who could step in to take over the team and it was a complete disaster. It was a very diffcult few months to say the least. Eventually the entire team walked away from the club and joined their previous coach at a new club and lived "happily ever after" (well at least until the Age Group shift split them up). In hindsight, the change was the best thing that could have happened to my DD.

My only hope for the girls and families involved here is that WC puts a solution in place quickly that is not just a "patch" and has open, HONEST communication with the families involved!
Many rumors of Headhunters at the DWP are pursuing Tech for some time now as well.
From a reliable source I heard Tech was being pursued by Soccer America, 4-4-2, and the Wall St. Jornal.

True, not a winning record ... but ... did the coach develop the players? Sometimes, the best development of players comes with playing against better competition (and losing) than dominating against the weak.
I think the best way to develop players is to have good coaching in practice. The competition level plays a part in development but I believe it is secondary.

It looks like PA is gone from Strikers OC. Go to their website and you won't see him listed as a HC or listed as a coach in any of the younger teams he had.

Word on the street is that he went to Slammers Newport. Good luck PA!

It looks like PA is gone from Strikers OC. Go to their website and you won't see him listed as a HC or listed as a coach in any of the younger teams he had.

Word on the street is that he went to Slammers Newport. Good luck PA!
Good luck PA! Great Coach and will do great things @ his new Home!

I used to advocate for even if you/your DD was not happy with the current team you owed it you the team to remain through state/nat cup. With Carlos G. bailing out on WC teams & Strikers coaches jumping ship at the end of the league season it just reinforces that the Cal South end of season tournaments really are of no significance to anyone. Completely understand and support the coaches leaving for better opportunities or having a falling out with club leadership - but to leave at what used to be mid-season is just bad form for the coaches or the clubs. None of these coaches and or clubs has a leg to stand on & talk about commitment that their players need to show (i.e. not trying out with other teams or even leaving after season is over)

The reason for these coaches leaving now is almost certainly to hit the ground running with the recruiting efforts for their new clubs & teams. These types of moves just reinforce - again - that this is a business for the clubs and for many of the individual coaches. Like in sales - these coaches must immediately start nurturing their "leads" (i.e. you and your DD) so they can close the sales in their territory (their teams).

In business as the saying goes "It's not personal - it is just business". Unfortunately we are talking about kids (to whom none of this makes sense) as well as their parents which most clubs effectively keep in the dark about what is going on and why. There should be no surprise it is taken personally.

Wouldn't be interesting if Cal South was able to put some restrictions on coach movement and recruiting activity - i.e. a coach could not be named as the coach on a team at a new club until after the Cal South end of season tournaments. It will never happen.....

I used to advocate for even if you/your DD was not happy with the current team you owed it you the team to remain through state/nat cup. With Carlos G. bailing out on WC teams & Strikers coaches jumping ship at the end of the league season it just reinforces that the Cal South end of season tournaments really are of no significance to anyone. Completely understand and support the coaches leaving for better opportunities or having a falling out with club leadership - but to leave at what used to be mid-season is just bad form for the coaches or the clubs. None of these coaches and or clubs has a leg to stand on & talk about commitment that their players need to show (i.e. not trying out with other teams or even leaving after season is over)

The reason for these coaches leaving now is almost certainly to hit the ground running with the recruiting efforts for their new clubs & teams. These types of moves just reinforce - again - that this is a business for the clubs and for many of the individual coaches. Like in sales - these coaches must immediately start nurturing their "leads" (i.e. you and your DD) so they can close the sales in their territory (their teams).

In business as the saying goes "It's not personal - it is just business". Unfortunately we are talking about kids (to whom none of this makes sense) as well as their parents which most clubs effectively keep in the dark about what is going on and why. There should be no surprise it is taken personally.

Wouldn't be interesting if Cal South was able to put some restrictions on coach movement and recruiting activity - i.e. a coach could not be named as the coach on a team at a new club until after the Cal South end of season tournaments. It will never happen.....

Because Cal-South is also a business...

What s happening at SC Blues? I heard at Surf cup they got evicted from their field. Any word where they will be next year

or maybe cal south holds state cup right after the regular season

What is the history? Why is State Cup in February?
Why not hold it right after the season ends and be done by Christmas?

League play used to continue into mid-December. Skip over the holidays when no one wants a long tournament, then some time to get back in shape - voila, February. Some winter tournaments, like Celtic Cup, arose to fill the gap and provide preparatory play.

Is this the OC Premier / CDA Slammers of Orange County announcement? Saw it in another thread.

What other changes are happening?
CDA Slammers Yorba Linda and Tustin are no longer licensees. They are now part of Slammers FC and are under their leadership.

heard all the YL teams were moving over to CDA Orange. After doing some research Tustin and Yorba Linda area was not run by the Camargos but some guy named Steve Patterson who conviently is the owner of the TGS system we use for tournaments and recruiting profiles. Heard it was not managed very well so they made this move to try to save the business.

Who will be coaching the Real, Eagles, and La Galaxy 03/04 DA teams? Also, will they be looking more for technique or physicality at the tryouts?

Any other coaching updates out there?
I heard that one club signed enough players for 2 teams at an age group and then the coach said "We are all going to train together and then I'll pick 16 or 18 for a game each week."
This is not confirmed, so I'm not going to say which club, coach or age group.

Back