Coaching Changes 2022

I think UCLA wanted a clean slate. New AD who probably wanted nothing to do with the college admissions scandal stain. Cromwell and Sam Greene were on that staff when the non-player was rostered. Cromwell was in the last year of her contract. I believe she knew she had to go. Sam was not going to get the gig, although I believe she wanted it.

MA, who UCLA hired had seven years at Stanford as an assistant. She has a lot more experience than JA, who USC hired, so it is not surprising that UCLA went with MA. I hope they both do well.
MA not only has experience as the Stanford Assistant winning National Titles, she also has experience at a well known ECNL club in Northern California(MLVA) where you've seen top players come out of. She's going to a great job coaching! She's earned it!

USC has hired McAlpine's replacement

She's hired a new assistant.

I dunno after 18 seasons have to wonder if salary was a big factor for Chamides going to LMU?

He was the best recruiter in D2 no doubt, his teams where stacked with European recruits from Spain, Sweden, Norwegian countries, Finland, etc. Being a international scout for MLS and others helped a bunch. Wonder if he's going to continue in that roll or doesn't need to anymore with the LMU salary.

Look for a lot of new imported players for LMU if he keeps up the same MOU.
So LMU looks to have a good coaching staff now? Daughter has some mutual interest with them and was worried about last year.

So LMU looks to have a good coaching staff now? Daughter has some mutual interest with them and was worried about last year.
The past 2 seasons they were awful. Is that all on the coach? The players? Or does it point to something systemic?

I blame the coach for the last two years. They were pretty decent before that.
I heard (so yes, a rumor) the coach did not attend a single game and only a week of practice last season. Are players staying with the new coaching team? I think that would speak to them being optimistic about the transition and happy about their overall experience at LMU.

Back