Club soccer stuff that drive you nuts...

My wife when she is at the game and I’m home. She spends the whole game chatting with everyone and has no idea who is winning, who is losing or what is going on.

Example:

Me (around halftime) How’s the game going?
Her: (15 minutes later). Good

Me: Any score?
Her: I think we scored.

Me: The other team score?
Her: Not sure.

Me: How is (insert kid 1, 2 or 3 name) playing?
Her: Good.

Me: (At end of game) What was the final score?
Her: I think we tied.

Me texting my kid- What was the score?
My kid: We won 3-0.

Now, if I’m not at the game, the dads just text each other and keep the wives out of the conversation.

My wife when she is at the game and I’m home. She spends the whole game chatting with everyone and has no idea who is winning, who is losing or what is going on.

Example:

Me (around halftime) How’s the game going?
Her: (15 minutes later). Good

Me: Any score?
Her: I think we scored.

Me: The other team score?
Her: Not sure.

Me: How is (insert kid 1, 2 or 3 name) playing?
Her: Good.

Me: (At end of game) What was the final score?
Her: I think we tied.

Me texting my kid- What was the score?
My kid: We won 3-0.

Now, if I’m not at the game, the dads just text each other and keep the wives out of the conversation.

:D:D:D
Ohmygod, I feel this one in my SOUL.

Other parents who feel the need to coach *my* kid from the sideline. STFU!
Worst thing is that they're telling things that are just wrong.
That one blows my mind.
Had a dad like this on DD's first club team. Another player got in trouble for telling him to shut up. I told my player she had permission to tell him to shut up.

My G03 was a full-time GK. One coach we played with got her to start guesting with a few teams that he was friends with the coaches and they needed help due to either an injured GK or their regular GK was unavailable. Turned into quite a side gig when word got out and she helped quite a few teams out if her team wasn't playing.

When you are either new to the team..or there to guest..and a parent finds out you are the GK parent and they tell you.......
"My kid plays GK too"
I honestly feel like saying.."Bitch please..if your kid was a GK we wouldn't be here"

Parents who know NOTHING about the GK position... chiming in on what the gk should've done or deciding on how good or bad a gk is.
Honestly it's one of the most frustrating things to hear. Parents have no idea how mentally taxing being a gk is. so please for the love of god...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... worry about your own kid.

Parents who know NOTHING about the GK position... chiming in on what the gk should've done or deciding on how good or bad a gk is.
Honestly it's one of the most frustrating things to hear. Parents have no idea how mentally taxing being a gk is. so please for the love of god...SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.... worry about your own kid.

Keepers parent best tool is a pair of noise canceling headphones. It is seriously the only way I can watch my kiddo play. This way I can't hear the rude comments.

Players (really their parents since I have a U14) who say they will be going to a game and then change their minds the morning of the game or don't show up. This irks me probably more than most people because I used to be a TM and hated not knowing whether the coach could accurately rely on the number of players showing up or not. This past weekend we had a game being played during 90 degree weather and two players just didn't show up to the game when they said they would. It seems most people don't think its a big deal but then the same people will complain if the coach calls in more players and their kid doesn't start or play the whole game. Also annoying - parents whose thought process is "if my kid doesn't start or play the whole game, then its not worth it to show up."

When your kid changes clubs and your old coach bad-mouths the new coach to the local soccer parents so bad that your new team can't find players and is forced to fold after playing 1-sub/no-subs all season.

I’ve seen parents start/stop the timer so they know exactly how many minutes their players have played for so they can confront the coach after.
That entirely depends on what the coach initially said about his playing time policy.

If the coach said he plays everybody, but then some kids are only in for five minutes, parents have every right to point out the discrepancy.

If the coach said he plays the top players because he plays to win, then there is nothing to complain about. He’s doing exactly what he promised.

its pay to play. some just pay more for minutes
Pay, play, pay & stay and pay a little "extra" for guarantee of starts/minutes and first choice of preferred position as well. The good coaches my dd had and like her Grandpa when he coached the likes of Jim Edmonds in the late 70s, they would let all the parents who thought they could buy minutes that is over at AYSO and please leave. Straight up old school bro. You paid and volunteered your $$$ and time in order to get play time guaranteed at A-SO. The gr8t coaches of the old days would tell the parents at the get go that "they coach to win and play the players where they see fit and not what dad or mom say. If you don;t like that, then you need to leave now!!!"

Back