CIF Playoffs

Aliso Niguel was a great host last night. Did it up right. Played the game in the stadium at Great Park. Someone sang the national anthem, they introduced the starting lineups and even pronounced my boy's name right.

Only complaint was when he scored the announcers gave the credit to a different player. They play on the same club team, so the parents had a good laugh.

Very cool they played there and I think that's a reasonable drive. I do wish they'd think more though about making anyone do a 2+ hour drive. Saints are in finals, right? Making it to north LA by 4 p.m. for a 5 p.m. kickoff is going to be a challenge.

Very cool they played there and I think that's a reasonable drive. I do wish they'd think more though about making anyone do a 2+ hour drive. Saints are in finals, right? Making it to north LA by 4 p.m. for a 5 p.m. kickoff is going to be a challenge.
This is the semifinals. The team bus is leaving Saints at 1:30. Our family is planning on hitting the road at 2.

Wow what a game and way to close out our home game streak with a 1-0 win vs Servite to reach the regional final vs the #1 seed 1pm @ Birmingham.

CIF City Section vs Southern Section D1 on Saturday to see who's the best HS team in Socal.

Who you routing for? We're a little banged up but playing your final HS game for a championship is very special and the boys are loving this last run and challenges.

Graduations and good luck to all the teams playing Saturday. We're routing for our friends at Salesian vs Norte Vista in there rematch of the SS final.

Go Costa!

Wow what a game and way to close out our home game streak with a 1-0 win vs Servite to reach the regional final vs the #1 seed 1pm @ Birmingham.

CIF City Section vs Southern Section D1 on Saturday to see who's the best HS team in Socal.

Who you routing for? We're a little banged up but playing your final HS game for a championship is very special and the boys are loving this last run and challenges.

Graduations and good luck to all the teams playing Saturday. We're routing for our friends at Salesian vs Norte Vista in there rematch of the SS final.

Div 4 is a rematch of Santa Monica vs Palmdale . Palmdale won the first one 4-1 a week ago.

St Augustine wins the Boys DII 1-0. Only goal of the game was scored by a freshman!

Great end to an amazing year.

will your son stay at Albion next year? They’re definitely making it sound like they won’t allow high school next year for their mlsnext teams. Maybe they are bluffing. Or will he move?
The no high school soccer thing is so dumb. Glad Albion bent this spring. Maybe they will continue to?

will your son stay at Albion next year? They’re definitely making it sound like they won’t allow high school next year for their mlsnext teams. Maybe they are bluffing. Or will he move?
The no high school soccer thing is so dumb. Glad Albion bent this spring. Maybe they will continue to?
My son actually left Albion last June for exactly that reason. They said no high school. He is a multiple sport kid and also wanted to play high school football, so he did not try to get them to bend, he just left. Like many schools there is a local club where a lot of the Saints boys play. He now plays on that team. The level is a lot lower, but he has a good time.

After watching him play a season of high school, I am a firm believer. It is so completely different from club from a social perspective that the soccer almost doesn't matter. Team and friends and school. It is just a great experience. Early in the season he scored a sweet goal against Torrey Pines. The next morning 5 coaches showed up at his English class, asked to see him for a few minutes and then talked to him about how he needed to not let it go to his head and how he needed to make sure he kept working hard on the field and in class. It is the kind of personal attention and knowing that people are watching out for you that you just can't get from your one club coach.

There were some seniors on the Albion 03s on the team as well. Albion made a stink when they played. But in the end, the boys chose their school. Club was almost over for them anyway.

That said, we spent many good years at Albion. He had a great coaches and unforgettable experiences. While our family is doing other things, we'll be Albion forever.

Back