CIF Playoffs

I wish. It was too hard with club not backing down. SCDSL, GA, ECRL, ECNL went full bore and it was too many injuries once it got back past first round of CIF

Southern section D3...King Riverside plays Alta Loma on Saturday for the championship.....had a tough league with Santiago, centennial and Roosevelt all playing in higher divisions...

Son's team made their first appearance ever in Open Division. They lost in the first round. My son said that it was one of the ugliest games of soccer he had ever participated in with lots of boot ball from both sides. The other team had a player get a red card. The player tried to stop one of our players from returning the ball to the center circle after a goal (it looked like he was going in for a tackle). Another of our players pushed him away, so the opposing player kicked our player. Now he gets to sit out the rest of the playoffs. Smart. It all could have been avoided if the ref would have blown his whistle and issued a yellow or two right after the goal was scored and there was a scuffle in the goal.

Division 1 Rooting for Villa Park in girls my DD knows many girls there and was rooting for Godinez (Santa Ana) boys they got taken to the wood shed it looks like by Mira Costa In the semis

Division 1 Rooting for Villa Park in girls my DD knows many girls there and was rooting for Godinez (Santa Ana) boys they got taken to the wood shed it looks like by Mira Costa In the semis

Yeah that boys came out firing on all cylinders: two goals scored within the first 5 minutes and it was 4-0 after 20. 2nd half was better for Godinez and they hit the post at least once I recall.

Public school vs private for the championship. Who your routing for? Loyola is a good team and it was 1-1 in preseason.

Yeah that boys came out firing on all cylinders: two goals scored within the first 5 minutes and it was 4-0 after 20. 2nd half was better for Godinez and they hit the post at least once I recall.

Public school vs private for the championship. Who your routing for? Loyola is a good team and it was 1-1 in preseason.
Pulling for the local Team in Mira Costa!

lol - not soccer related, something else that would cause the whole team to not be able to play. Same thing that ended my DD season as well (but at another school).

I have no idea from reading the CIF result or Maxpreps report.

So my mind started inventing some
-covid exposure
-no money in the budget that long a bus trip
-It's always too hot in El Cento
-club commitments
-too many players called up to the U20 team

-etc

I have no idea from reading the CIF result or Maxpreps report.

So my mind started inventing some
-covid exposure
-no money in the budget that long a bus trip
-It's always too hot in El Cento
-club commitments
-too many players called up to the U20 team

-etc
Other guesses:
Ineligible player used in earlier playoff game

Rooting for the public schools. That's what high school sports is about right, in these days of travel ball, playing with your hometown friends your old rec ball teamates?

I will always root for public. It's David vs Goliath. Good luck to all the teams :)

Mira Costa is where? They are doing very well in the playoffs.

Santa Monica plays for the championship this weekend in DIV 4 boys

Back