CIF Brackets announced.

Isn't that how it should be? I believe CIF re-adjusts divisions every 2 years, unless you win your division and you get automatically moved up.
San Diego Section adjusts every year in a transparent process. Results are published, like this --

San Diego Section adjusts every year in a transparent process. Results are published, like this --

Sheet 2 of the document (Worksheet) shows the calculations.

Sheet 2 of the document (Worksheet) shows the calculations.
CIFSS adjusts based upon a formula each year too (75% based upon prior year and 25% based upon the year before that). Several coaches know how to game the system and try stay down in their current division though.

All the San Diego Section playoffs have concluded, but no scores are posted on their website. I guess they don't work weekends.

From other sources (maxpreps)

Boys Open: San Pasqual 2-1 Coronado
Boys Div 1: Del Norte 4-1 Rancho Bernardo
Boya Div 2: Francis Parker 1-0 Carlsbad

Girls Open: San Marcos 0-0 (2-0 shootout) Point Loma
Girls Div 1: Torrey Pines 4-2 Eastlake
Girls Div 2: Sage Creek 1-1 (4-1 shootout) Coronado

Open Division also has 3rd/4th place games, I imagine for Regional tournament seeding purposes

Boys: Torrey Pines - St Augustine (can't find a score)
Girls: Del Norte 0-0 (3-2 shootout) Westview

All the San Diego Section playoffs have concluded, but no scores are posted on their website. I guess they don't work weekends.

From other sources (maxpreps)

Boys Open: San Pasqual 2-1 Coronado
Boys Div 1: Del Norte 4-1 Rancho Bernardo
Boya Div 2: Francis Parker 1-0 Carlsbad

Girls Open: San Marcos 0-0 (2-0 shootout) Point Loma
Girls Div 1: Torrey Pines 4-2 Eastlake
Girls Div 2: Sage Creek 1-1 (4-1 shootout) Coronado

Open Division also has 3rd/4th place games, I imagine for Regional tournament seeding purposes

Boys: Torrey Pines - St Augustine (can't find a score)
Girls: Del Norte 0-0 (3-2 shootout) Westview

It's Monday, and not a holiday, so I expected the scores of the finals to be posted on the San Diego Section webpage. Let's see what we have --

Girls Div 5: Mt. Miguel 3-0 Maranatha Christian

That's it; no other scores are listed.

The Section has always shown willful ignorance of soccer, treating it as if it were an obstruction in the way of the true Winter sports of basketball and wrestling.

Last edited:
It's Monday, and not a holiday, so I expected the scores of the finals to be posted on the Saan Diego Section webpage. Let's see what we have --

Grils Div 5: Mt. Miguel 3-0 Maranatha Christian

That's it; no other scores are listed.

The Section has always shown willful ignorance of soccer, treating it as if it were an obstruction in the way of the true Winter sports of basketball and wrestling.

I've found that you're better off checking MaxPreps or your local newspaper for scores

I've found that you're better off checking MaxPreps or your local newspaper for scores

I agree, but it's the Section's playoffs, so what is the reason for their disrespect to the players?

In D2:

Oaks Christian over Torrey Pines 1-0
Hart over Del Norte 2-1
Los Osos over El Camino 2-0 (unconfirmed)

Looking like a repeat of the Southern Section semi’s

Back